The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8340
Original post by PonchoKid
Is thingy majiggy funny? :tongue:

Yeah, slept in till 3pm :eek: how are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

:yep: :biggrin:

Oh no, I slept until around 1pm :ninja:. Yesterday evening I had a nap between 9pm and 11:30pm and I didn't sleep all night, didn't get to sleep until 8:30am. And I just got back from somewhere with a friend, she needed to go and return something but didn't know where it was so I went with her :tongue:.
Original post by avhhs
:yep: :biggrin:

Oh no, I slept until around 1pm :ninja:. Yesterday evening I had a nap between 9pm and 11:30pm and I didn't sleep all night, didn't get to sleep until 8:30am. And I just got back from somewhere with a friend, she needed to go and return something but didn't know where it was so I went with her :tongue:.

I slep from about 12.30-6 then 7-10 then 12-3 and in bed again :facepalm: just so wacked after yesterday :frown:

Thats cool you went with her :smile: shell have appreciated that :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bullettheory
Thank you :hugs: I hope so. Got the crisis team coming in a minute so going to tell them how crappy I feel and see what happens. Just feel so bad for falling behind with work already, just have no motivation and no concentration. I tried to read today but just read one page, burst into tears and gave up. That's all today has been - crying a lot and clinging onto my girlfriend. Really am being too clingy atm - she's just gone to the shops now to get something and I was panicking about her going, asking if she's going to come back and crying at the thought of her just walking out and leaving... Thank you, how are you?

Its good to be honest with them, its so cliche but the more honest you are the more they can help :yep:
Are uni aware of the situation? You will be ok i have so much faith in you!
Crying and clinging can be good sometimes, i was like that with rory the other night so you dont need to feel bad :nah:
Shes not gonna walk out on you because even i can tell she cares so much about you!

All iv dont today is sleep as i had a job interview yesterday and its literall taken it out of me which is quite scary :/

Hope the crisis team goes ok :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
****ty ****ty person. :cry2: I dont kkneow why I have to keepe on going and I just dnt want to ayymore. :cry:
Original post by tasha96
****ty ****ty person. :cry2: I dont kkneow why I have to keepe on going and I just dnt want to ayymore. :cry:

Your not ****tty at all :nah:
:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Your not ****tty at all :nah:
:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Am definitely ****ty. :sadnod: Dontkoew what to do anymoer. :cry2:
:facepalm: how are they aloud to run that in the paper?!?!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apparently his aim was to reduce stigma. :dontknow:
Original post by tasha96
Am definitely ****ty. :sadnod: Dontkoew what to do anymoer. :cry2:

my brain is confused and just repped you instead of clicking the quote button :facepalm:
your not at all i promise you! you can PM me if you like, and have a chat about it? :hugs:

Original post by Sabertooth
Apparently his aim was to reduce stigma. :dontknow:

if it was aiming to reduce stigma then surely they shouldnt have written what they did next to the pictures? :dontknow: i found the info next to it very sort of rude and stuff... as if it was saying "this is what people with these illnesses are actually like"
Reply 8350
I slep from about 12.30-6 then 7-10 then 12-3 and in bed again :facepalm: just so wacked after yesterday :frown:

Thats cool you went with her :smile: shell have appreciated that :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you shouldn't worry about that if you had nothing else to do, you can feel quite refreshed sometimes if you do that :yep:

Well, she asked me first :tongue:. I'm sure she is also having problems fitting in and stuff :erm:. We are going to the bank tomorrow :smile:.
I consider the Daily Mail story is belittling the profound impact all the various illnesses and symptoms can have on an individual and their families. Feel pretty insulted. Thank god for the free press!
my brain is confused and just repped you instead of clicking the quote button :facepalm:
your not at all i promise you! you can PM me if you like, and have a chat about it? :hugs:

if it was aiming to reduce stigma then surely they shouldnt have written what they did next to the pictures? :dontknow: i found the info next to it very sort of rude and stuff... as if it was saying "this is what people with these illnesses are actually like"

I really am. :frown:
Would I not be bothering you? :frown: :hugs:
Original post by avhhs
I think you shouldn't worry about that if you had nothing else to do, you can feel quite refreshed sometimes if you do that :yep:

Well, she asked me first :tongue:. I'm sure she is also having problems fitting in and stuff :erm:. We are going to the bank tomorrow :smile:.

we had certain things we were meant to do but didnt :sad: deffinately dont feel refreshed either :frown:

you should hang out more then if shes struggling aswell! :smile:
Original post by tasha96
I really am. :frown:
Would I not be bothering you? :frown: :hugs:

ofcourse not hun! my inbox is always open :smile:
Reply 8355
For once I don't actually have a problem with a daily mail article - I took it as just a piece highlighting an artists' work rather than a veiled attack or anything and found it fairly clear the captions are only the artist's personal opinion of his 'monsters'. Have seen the pictures floating around the internet for a while now and I quite like them. I've been keeping a sort of visual journal for a while now and quite often draw my own versions of what I imagine my mental illness to look like, so I find it interesting to see other interpretations. I do quite like the idea of drawing a tangible creature to try and explore the idea it's something external to fight rather than an internal failing and I find it quite cathartic to put feelings and thoughts into a visual form (...should so have done art therapy. even if just for the excuse to mess around with proper equipment rather than crappy 50p watercolours :colone:).
How do I stay in touch with my sister? She is my only family and friend. But when I see her she cries because she feels we might never see each other again. How can I keep making her feel this pain? How do I share, without being an emotional burden on her?
Original post by los lobos marinos
How do I stay in touch with my sister? She is my only family and friend. But when I see her she cries because she feels we might never see each other again. How can I keep making her feel this pain? How do I share, without being an emotional burden on her?

Why does she feel she might never see you again? (Or is this one of those things we're not allowed to talk about on tsr?) I use skype and facebook to talk to my brother. If this is what we're not allowed to talk about, I'd suggest telling her that you're doing your best and you're talking to all the professionals/taking your medication/engaging in therapy - just so she knows you have support other than her and that should hopefully relieve some of the stress.
My eyes are like proper red - stupid contact lenses!

Uni is starting to get really tough now and I'm actually struggling to keep up with my workload for once. Usually I'd leave it to the last minute but if I do that now, I'll fall so behind. Just got so much to do now :sad:
Concerning the monsters from the Daily Mail:

1) Concerning it is the Daily Mail it is extremely good, especially the link to mind.org
2) It took me some time to understand, that these monsters should represent the illness by itself and not ill persons.
3) I don't know wether I shall find it good or bad. Anyway, more on the level of a children book, not more.

Latest