The Student Room Group

Economics applicant thread UCAS 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hazard17
In what scenario would LSE send you an additional questionnaire? Is this for specific subjects?

It's for all their Economics-related degrees
so annoyed , hoping to send my application off by the end of next week but my economics remark still hasn't arrived back yet ! sent it off on the 20th of september mind, anyone else got any OCR remarks that are taking their time ?
Reply 1322
Anybody help me with my Epq title? (Wrong section probably, but this part of the forum is very cosey!

Currently doing it on whether 'To what extent was Deng Xiaoping was the causal mechanism for their rapid growth' (love economic history !), however i also wanted to include stuff which basic analysis of Chinas economy and whether they will sustain their rapid growth rate.
If anybody could give a pointer to how i could make the title more suitable would be a thumbs up from me ! :smile:

Thanks !!
Original post by Jkizer
Anybody help me with my Epq title? (Wrong section probably, but this part of the forum is very cosey!

Currently doing it on whether 'To what extent was Deng Xiaoping was the causal mechanism for their rapid growth' (love economic history !), however i also wanted to include stuff which basic analysis of Chinas economy and whether they will sustain their rapid growth rate.
If anybody could give a pointer to how i could make the title more suitable would be a thumbs up from me ! :smile:

Thanks !!

It's fine as you put it, I wouldn't really change it since the title doesn't matter that much. Still, it is a bit long so I'd try cut it down. Maybe something like: 'Did Deng Xiaoping cause China's rapid growth?'

It's just a guide line but you can switch 'to what extent' with 'did', little stuff like that. The rest it's hard for me to help with since I don't really understand your title or what it's trying to say. But rep for liking Economics History, one of my favourite parts of Econ.

EDIT: Except, it won't let me rep you.
Original post by Giant
Got sent my additional questionnaire by LSE today. Was much quicker and simpler to fill out than the Cambridge SAQ. It just asked for UMS scores in all subjects except Critical Thinking/General Studies

Exciting! Is this online or via post?
Reply 1325
Original post by Lunch_Box
Exciting! Is this online or via post?

Online, like the SAQ
Original post by Giant
Online, like the SAQ

Does it include module breakdown?
Reply 1327
Original post by Lunch_Box
Does it include module breakdown?

Yup, exactly like the UMS breakdown on the SAQ except it doesn't want Gen Studies/Crit Thinking
has anyone on here got into UCL for economics?
Reply 1329
Application sent off ! Now back to doing homework / nothing in free periods!

(Lets see if the school checks pop up anything incorrect :smile:)
I registered using the link UCL e-mailed me, I got the message:
Dear Julia,
Your personal email address is now activated.
You can now use this email address to access online services at UCL that you are authorised to use.

So what do I do next, I'm not really sure about that? :smile:
Got my application sent off at 9:30 last night but now, I've got to fill in the SAQ and soon, the LSE's application form too. So many forms to do. :<
Original post by Millerman
has anyone on here got into UCL for economics?

Not me personally but i do have a lot of family who got into UCL, my cousin got 9A* in gcse and 2A* and 1 A and is studying economics at UCL
Original post by asianhistorynerd
Not me personally but i do have a lot of family who got into UCL, my cousin got 9A* in gcse and 2A* and 1 A and is studying economics at UCL

theyre good grades!!
Original post by Epic Flawless
Got my application sent off at 9:30 last night but now, I've got to fill in the SAQ and soon, the LSE's application form too. So many forms to do. :<

Did you get the LSE's application form by email?
I sent mine off on Monday but didn't get the form from LSE, maybe they will send it later. :smile:
Original post by Millerman
theyre good grades!!

Well tbh he told me the majority of other undergrads had 2-6A* and As and they lowered his offer from triple A to ABB because his interview was very good
Finally got my UCAS form sent off today! Has anyone got any offers yet?
Hey guyys,

anyone thinking in applying for econs in Durham? Is it a good university for econs and for future career?
Original post by robin1125
Finally got my UCAS form sent off today! Has anyone got any offers yet?

High five! Seeing as the universities I've applied to tend to give out offers in very late October/November, according to the 2013 economics applicants page, I'll be just waiting patiently.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Epic Flawless
High five! Seeing as the universities I've applied to tend to give out offers in very late October/November, according to the 2013 economics applicants page, I'll be just waiting patiently.

Posted from TSR Mobile

May i ask what universities you applied to? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending