The Student Room Group

Career options and A level help needed.

Hi,

i am extremely confused right now as to what I want to do, I am in Year 11 and i literally have no idea what alevels to take as I dont know what career I want to do, and i am fretting because I feel like I can't make a decision. I have an interest in Biology and I would like to do something to do with biology as a career (I think) but then I am interested in Journalism and I would LOVE to do something in journalism but then again I like the idea of teaching - yeah I know, so indecisive!!!

I had my sixth form open evening last night and I am now asking for help on which a levels to do to make sure I am not making a rash decision and to make sure i can get into UNI/my desired career path..

I am also thinking about taking Pyschology as an A level.

Thankyou so much,
Carey :smile:
Calm down and focus on your GCSE's. Depending on your results, pick relevant A-levels from there
Pick Biology, Chemistry, English Lit, Psychology this leaves all your options open.
I agree ^^ or possibly maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Biology, Chemistry, English Lit leaves you open for all, and I would suggest maths as well
Original post by economicsexeter
I agree ^^ or possibly maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I agree.

I only added Psychology because she said she wanted to take it, I don't think not having maths will hinder her though and psychology is essay based so it helps toward journalism (maybe, I'm not sure)
Reply 6
Original post by contradicta
Pick Biology, Chemistry, English Lit, Psychology this leaves all your options open.

Hi thanks for all of your help, everyone :smile: at the moment I am thinking English lit, biology and Psychology and POSSIBLY health and social? Is health and social a good a level to take for teaching/nursing etc? Or is it a 'waste' also I find chemistry so hard so I am also thinking Politics if not health and s?
Original post by careyboyle
Hi thanks for all of your help, everyone :smile: at the moment I am thinking English lit, biology and Psychology and POSSIBLY health and social? Is health and social a good a level to take for teaching/nursing etc? Or is it a 'waste' also I find chemistry so hard so I am also thinking Politics if not health and s?

Don't know about H&S but you really do need chemistry to go with biology though if you wish to study Biology/related subject at Uni. Politics would be good for journalism.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
I have had a long think and I have decided (at the moment) that I want to take Biology, Politics, English Lit and Psychology. Is english lit more respected in Uni than lang?
Reply 9
Original post by ed97
Just take subjects that you enjoy and are good at. It's alright to take a mixture!! And if you change your mind at the last minute schools often can accommodate for that after starting Year 12.

Good Luck in your GCSE's!

Thanks! so so stressful!

Quick Reply

Latest