The Student Room Group

TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) Episode IV: A New Hope

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Quornslice
Could I request prayers please? Had a panic attack at college during lunch break today.

So sorry to hear that hun. Will be praying, for sure :yes:
Hello everyone, how are you all doing? I've been at uni for almost three weeks and I'm just starting to settle in - the CU at King's is lovely :smile:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
x

I'm sure you are a Catholic and I am not sure if any other members in this thread are also catholic so just quoted you.

I was just wanting to ask about a Mass I distinctively remember attending when younger which if I can recall correctly was completely in Latin. However, from what I understand, the Tridentine Mass is quite uncommon and so probably wasn't that. I do remember the monstrance being used a lot and being a focal part of the Mass. I also don't remember there being any participation in the Mass and it just involved the priest chanting Latin a lot and use of lots of incense. Was it a Tridentine Mass or some sort of Benediction Mass or something else entirely because I only remember attending it once and have always wondered what it was?
Original post by The Epicurean
I'm sure you are a Catholic and I am not sure if any other members in this thread are also catholic so just quoted you.

I was just wanting to ask about a Mass I distinctively remember attending when younger which if I can recall correctly was completely in Latin. However, from what I understand, the Tridentine Mass is quite uncommon and so probably wasn't that. I do remember the monstrance being used a lot and being a focal part of the Mass. I also don't remember there being any participation in the Mass and it just involved the priest chanting Latin a lot and use of lots of incense. Was it a Tridentine Mass or some sort of Benediction Mass or something else entirely because I only remember attending it once and have always wondered what it was?

Sorry for the late reply - haven't been online much! It sounds like a Benediction service to me, but I don't know a lot about the Tridentine Mass, having never been to one :p:
Could I have prayers please? Mum fell down the stairs tonight and has gone to A&E. She's not hit her head thankfully, but she hit her elbow and foot, but it's her hand that hurts the most which she didn't hit.
Could I have prayers please? Mum fell down the stairs tonight and has gone to A&E. She's not hit her head thankfully, but she hit her elbow and foot, but it's her hand that hurts the most which she didn't hit.

Definitely. Probs hit a nerve in her elbow hun, nothing to worry about!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Make sure you remind me to watch this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Definitely. Probs hit a nerve in her elbow hun, nothing to worry about!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know probably not, but NHS direct said to go in just in case. Just mind is racing right now and probably won't be able to sleep at all tonight
I know probably not, but NHS direct said to go in just in case. Just mind is racing right now and probably won't be able to sleep at all tonight

:hugs: try and think about other things.
Original post by greeneyedgirl
:hugs: try and think about other things.

:hugs: I'm trying to. Watching a gaming stream to try distract myself.

Yikes. Praying hun :hugs:
Mum is back from A&E now, and is ok. They don't know what's wrong with her hand - it's too swollen to tell if it's fractured or not so she has to go back at a later date.
Mum is back from A&E now, and is ok. They don't know what's wrong with her hand - it's too swollen to tell if it's fractured or not so she has to go back at a later date.

:hugs: glad she's okay, and I'm sure they'll sort it out :hugs:

Praying about her hand :smile:

Blah to it all, A&E aint exactly a fun place to spend your day. Praying for her :smile:

Speaking of hospitals, mum is still in =( She had her operation which went well but now they need to sort out her blood levels, poor woman is completely miserable and bored out of her mind. We're hoping she should be back this week but even then we got months of physio to do and knowing her she'll become dead needy again which will really make Uni difficult still. I don't want to be the one person at Uni who gets picked up by there parents and can't stay late least they freak out :s-smilie: Just have to hope it will be an improve as right now i'm in 7-9 including hospital and it's slowly killing me :getmecoat:

/ranty over.
Original post by IMakeSenseToNone
Blah to it all, A&E aint exactly a fun place to spend your day. Praying for her :smile:

Speaking of hospitals, mum is still in =( She had her operation which went well but now they need to sort out her blood levels, poor woman is completely miserable and bored out of her mind. We're hoping she should be back this week but even then we got months of physio to do and knowing her she'll become dead needy again which will really make Uni difficult still. I don't want to be the one person at Uni who gets picked up by there parents and can't stay late least they freak out :s-smilie: Just have to hope it will be an improve as right now i'm in 7-9 including hospital and it's slowly killing me :getmecoat:

/ranty over.

:hugs: praying for you.

/ranty over.

Praying :smile:

/ranty over.

Hugs and prayers! :hugs: :jebus: :hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending