The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nathanielle
Concerning the monsters from the Daily Mail:

1) Concerning it is the Daily Mail it is extremely good, especially the link to mind.org
2) It took me some time to understand, that these monsters should represent the illness by itself and not ill persons.
3) I don't know wether I shall find it good or bad. Anyway, more on the level of a children book, not more.

I took a look at this after you posting about it. It looks interesting. As you say, it's kinda difficult to dissociate the monster from the sufferer. I, somebody with depression, actually found myself feeling sorry for the depression monster.
It's quite good though. Maybe it will build understanding like the black dog campaign.
Still though, no OCD monster which i find somewhat odd and annoying.
Reply 8361
Is anyone about that I can pm? About something really silly but I just noticed it and I am freaking the **** out, could do with someone reinforcing my rationalisations.
The daily mail article is much better than most daily mail articles, especially their articles about mental health. I don't see the article as negative myself, I think it is an interesting take on explaining mental illnesses personally.
Original post by Sultana
Is anyone about that I can pm? About something really silly but I just noticed it and I am freaking the **** out, could do with someone reinforcing my rationalisations.

Go for it. :smile:
Original post by rmhumphries
The daily mail article is much better than most daily mail articles, especially their articles about mental health. I don't see the article as negative myself, I think it is an interesting take on explaining mental illnesses personally.

I think it's interesting now I understand it better, but I interpreted it that the monsters were the people with the illness from what I understood of the writing next to the images, I think I would have understood it better without the description just the pictures :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PonchoKid
I think it's interesting now I understand it better, but I interpreted it that the monsters were the people with the illness from what I understood of the writing next to the images, I think I would have understood it better without the description just the pictures :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It doesn't help that the article takes about the pictures at completely different times and places to where the pictures are either.
It doesn't help that the article takes about the pictures at completely different times and places to where the pictures are either.

It's deffinately all about interpretation, as I fully understand the whole article now and find it interesting, where as before I saw the monsters as bad and what the people with the illnesses were like to others I find it very sort of hurtful!

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's deffinately all about interpretation, as I fully understand the whole article now and find it interesting, where as before I saw the monsters as bad and what the people with the illnesses were like to others I find it very sort of hurtful!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I agree with that - however I don't know if we can expect a daily mail article which is both not negative about mental health issues AND easy to understand :tongue:
Yes, I agree with that - however I don't know if we can expect a daily mail article which is both not negative about mental health issues AND easy to understand :tongue:

I think that's why I thought it was a negative article :tongue:

Hope your ok :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8369
we had certain things we were meant to do but didnt :sad: deffinately dont feel refreshed either :frown:

you should hang out more then if shes struggling aswell! :smile:

Oh no, I hope they weren't too important? :smile: And I hate it when you feel worse after sleeping than you did before, I had yet another nap just now although I don't feel too bad. Also want to eat something but cooking is just too much effort :colondollar:

Yeah, that is a good idea. The last week has been kinda crap for her as she lost her card and therefore can't access her money, and she has been ill as well. Hopefully today we should go to the bank and withdraw some money, plus she really wants to go out clubbing tomorrow night :tongue: but that depends on how quickly she recovers.
Original post by Sabertooth
Why does she feel she might never see you again? (Or is this one of those things we're not allowed to talk about on tsr?) I use skype and facebook to talk to my brother. If this is what we're not allowed to talk about, I'd suggest telling her that you're doing your best and you're talking to all the professionals/taking your medication/engaging in therapy - just so she knows you have support other than her and that should hopefully relieve some of the stress.
Why does she feel like that? Because when everything turns into chaos, when I'm living in my alternate reality, when I'm at my most desperate, angry, scared, frustrated and confused moments, I'm at risk. And it's just horrible that I'm her brother and I'm the one in her life that causes her so much distress and tears. I just want to be normal I guess, for her sake, not mine. I don't want her to have to worry about me. :confused: Enough on the pessimism. I'm actually optimistic at the moment that I might learn a method to manage in the future.

Hope you are okay Sabretooth. I read what you wrote earlier. Have things calmed down? You know, your wife shouting is probably her way of expressing how much she cares for your welfare...and that invisible bond you share is probably something to be cherished...:yes:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by los lobos marinos
Why does she feel like that? Because when everything turns into chaos, when I'm living in my alternate reality, when I'm at my most desperate, angry, scared, frustrated and confused moments, I'm at risk. And it's just horrible that I'm her brother and I'm the one in her life that causes her so much distress and tears. I just want to be normal I guess, for her sake, not mine. I don't want her to have to worry about me. :confused: Enough on the pessimism. I'm actually optimistic at the moment that I might learn a method to manage in the future.

Hope you are okay Sabretooth. I read what you wrote earlier. Have things calmed down? You know, your wife shouting is probably her way of expressing how much she cares for your welfare...and that invisible bond you share is probably something to be cherished...:yes:

I dunno if this will help but if you're so worried about having caused her pain and distress maybe you could try, when you're feeling better, doing something awesome together so that there's more good stuff between you? She's your sister, that means she takes the good with the bad, that's what families do. Good luck again with the mindfulness, I really hope it gives you better managing skills. :smile:

Yeah, I took some diazepam and am feeling calmer which is good, I guess. I don't know about her shouting being an expression of her love for me, I don't understand why she gets so angry when I tell her what I'm thinking, I really wish I knew. :frown:
Not slept yet :huff:
Some of you may find this offensive or triggering so take caution...

Spoiler

Original post by Kindred
Some of you may find this offensive or triggering so take caution...

Spoiler

Mmm yeah Rory posted about this a couple of days ago, he also found this petition against it which I'm quoting in for you to look at. Not even the first time that the sun has done something as crappy as this.

Original post by Tilly-Elizabeth
Yeah I think it's probably a common feeling.
I don't think I could tell them - I doubt any of them would take me seriously. I don't really have any close friends - I just have people who seem to talk to me until they find someone better to talk to. I can't think of a single person I could even tell. They're all way too judgemental. It's why I feel I've lost everything. I used to have close friends but I stopped trusting people, and now I feel like I can't even get to know people properly, because I can't trust them.

Sorry I've taken so long to get back to you, bit crap at keeping up with things atm. Hmm it's a shame you don't feel like you can tell any of them about it. I'm sure what you've said about people talking to you until they find someone better just isn't true. Could you turn to any of the people you used to be close to/trust?

Starting to feel very crap very consistently.... Thinking about trying to determine who in my flat I *could* open up to because I'm really missing hacing someone local that I can turn to and ask to keep me company/stop me going into self destruct. Not good at coping with things on my own and it's really starting to take it's toll.
Original post by octoberbaby
Mmm yeah Rory posted about this a couple of days ago, he also found this petition against it which I'm quoting in for you to look at.

Thanks. Didn't know about that :smile:
Still feeling physically rotten. At this rate, I won't be able to eat at my own birthday party :bawling:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Still feeling physically rotten. At this rate, I won't be able to eat at my own birthday party :bawling:

Noooo you have to eat at your birthday!
Its not on tuesday your birfday is it? :ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Feel so rotten and meant to have another job interview tomorrow :frown: so cold, tired, no energy and feel sicky :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Last night was really bad. My wife and I had a 2 hour argument about the government. Now she's threatening to get them to take me to hospital. She doesn't realize that's exactly what they want, what could be better than locking me up and giving me all kinds of mind-altering drugs, I'd be right under their thumb with no escape. There's no way in hell I'm letting that happen, last time it was so bad. I have a psychiatrist appointment on friday to decide my fate and my wife is coming with me so I can't lie about everything, I don't know what to do, I want to run away and hide.

Latest