The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wag12k12dunkno
They aren't directly responsible for mass murder. Look at any operations, e.g operation cast lead, the israeli's carried out, were in response to rocket attacks from palestine. As a sovereign nation, israel has the right to defend itself.

'Cause 5 year olds were that dangerous they had to blow them to smithereens. Of course they were directly responsible ffs. They fired the rockets, regardless of what happened before hand.

Posted from TSR Mobile
that is an awful argument. The intent is still there. It's like 2 people trying to kill you, but one is more successful than the other. and palestine is always the aggressor

Who's the real aggressor?

I don't recall Palestinians building walls round Israel settlements, nor do i recall them forcing Israeli's off their lands to build new homes. I also don't recall them preventing Israelis from going to town to town, nor do I recall them severely restricting the movements of Israeli citizens.

You wonder why they don't like you?
Reply 22
Original post by Ggmu!
I find it strange that no other Arab states are helping their Palestinian brothers and sisters. I certainly do not doubt that if Palestine was in the position of Israel, there would be a lot more dead Jews than there are dead Palestinians currently. I kind of understand the way Israel thinks. They don't want to take the risk of losing their small piece of Earth where they won't be discriminated against. At the same time, killing helpless civilians is NEVER right or justified. Especially since Israeli anti missile defences are so good, Palestine can barely hurt Israel there is little need to launch missiles on Palestine.

Israel have been rather insensitive.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well they tried, to a degree, in the 60's remember the Six-Day War? I agree killing innocent civilians is wrong, especially children but like I said the terrorists who choose to launch missiles from schools and hospitals are partially responsible.

I think a big part of why the launch missiles back is to deter future attacks and to try and destroy the launch sites. I think Israel get criticised too much by young left wing liberals in western countries

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well it depends on their motives. If their motives are that they support democracy over Islamist dictatorship, my reaction is "here is a democrat, I like this guy".

Obviously, if their motivation is that "Israel is for the Jews because of biblical prophecy", my reaction is "here is a complete moron with no moral integrity".

It may be a bit of both though. By the way, there was never a state of Palestine. I don't know why everybody goes on about it, it never existed.
Original post by WillBoy136
Well they tried, to a degree, in the 60's remember the Six-Day War? I agree killing innocent civilians is wrong, especially children but like I said the terrorists who choose to launch missiles from schools and hospitals are partially responsible.

I think a big part of why the launch missiles back is to deter future attacks and to try and destroy the launch sites. I think Israel get criticised too much by young left wing liberals in western countries

Posted from TSR Mobile

I find it scary you think it's ok for a government to knowingly target schools and hospitals.
Reply 25
Original post by Izzyeviel
I find it scary you think it's ok for a government to knowingly target schools and hospitals.

I never said I find it okay? I said the terrorists who use those should be blamed as well. If you look at it in the sense of the proximate cause then they would theoretical have to take more blame than the Israeli's

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
they are probably a glory -hunter, like supporters of Man -utd when they were winning everything. Just because Israel kicked the Islamic worlds ass and humiliated them on the battlefield, they must attract a lot of glory hunting fans.
Who's the real aggressor?

I don't recall Palestinians building walls round Israel settlements, nor do i recall them forcing Israeli's off their lands to build new homes. I also don't recall them preventing Israelis from going to town to town, nor do I recall them severely restricting the movements of Israeli citizens.

You wonder why they don't like you?

I don't why you've linked me with them with the " you wonder why they don't like you?" I'm not Jewish or israeli, i just don't buy into this popular left/liberal propaganda which is so popular with the youth today ( and dont worry, i used to be an adamant support of palestine to the point where i'd even changed my fb profile to Palestine's flag, but i've grown up now)

And the context was a UN mandate after the genocide of the jews in the holocaust. Don't pretend the jews are some aggressors who just walked in and pushed the palestinians out. It was an internationally recognised movement.
Original post by WillBoy136
I never said I find it okay? I said the terrorists who use those should be blamed as well. If you look at it in the sense of the proximate cause then they would theoretical have to take more blame than the Israeli's

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's terrorists on both sides, problem is one turns up to the fight with a pocket knife, the other with a cruise missile and multi million PR campaign team. When you understand the history and see what the Israelis are doing to the Palestinians you will see things a lot differently.

Start with some pictures.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread594970/pg1
Reply 29
black hating; child killing, occupying terrorist supporter
There's terrorists on both sides, problem is one turns up to the fight with a pocket knife, the other with a cruise missile and multi million PR campaign team. When you understand the history and see what the Israelis are doing to the Palestinians you will see things a lot differently.

Start with some pictures.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread594970/pg1

If there terrorists had more than "pocket knives" as you put it ( in fact they fire rockets into israel indiscriminately and thanks to israels dome shield defence system manages to destroy many of the rockets) it still doesnt change the fact they intend to destroy israel and kill people. I dont need pictures, i can show you plenty of pictures of messed up bodies from car crashes or from alcohol poisoning or whatever, dont try and play the emotive card. I do understand the history, probably a lot more than you, given i was once a supporter of palestine, ive read many books on the subject and showing me a few pictures of mutilated children is pathetic.( im presuming thats what it is, i havent bothered to look.)
and forgive me if im wrong, im pretty sure israel just released many palestinian terrorists from jail in order to pursue peace talks?
Reply 31
can you explain this generalised, offensive statement?

bombing of gaza strip a year ago
Reply 32
If there terrorists had more than "pocket knives" as you put it ( in fact they fire rockets into israel indiscriminately and thanks to israels dome shield defence system manages to destroy many of the rockets) it still doesnt change the fact they intend to destroy israel and kill people. I dont need pictures, i can show you plenty of pictures of messed up bodies from car crashes or from alcohol poisoning or whatever, dont try and play the emotive card. I do understand the history, probably a lot more than you, given i was once a supporter of palestine, ive read many books on the subject and showing me a few pictures of mutilated children is pathetic.( im presuming thats what it is, i havent bothered to look.)
and forgive me if im wrong, im pretty sure israel just released many palestinian terrorists from jail in order to pursue peace talks?

gtfo terrorist supporter

Probably the ones who they arrested whilst they were on their way to work. Maybe instead of releasing people from jail, they should start by pulling down the walls that surround Palestinian settlements? Stop restricting movement? Stop removing Palestinians from land to build homes for Jews? Treat Palestinians as people? as equals? Stop knowingly firing missiles at schools and hospitals?

Would that not be better? Hate breeds hate and Israel is breeding rather large amounts of it.
Probably the ones who they arrested whilst they were on their way to work. Maybe instead of releasing people from jail, they should start by pulling down the walls that surround Palestinian settlements? Stop restricting movement? Stop removing Palestinians from land to build homes for Jews? Treat Palestinians as people? as equals? Stop knowingly firing missiles at schools and hospitals?

Would that not be better? Hate breeds hate and Israel is breeding rather large amounts of it.

you're too ignorant. I've stated many times israel only retaliates, it is never the aggressor. As a sovereign nation it has the right to defend itself. And as you say treat palestinians as equals, well they are two different countries. If you refer palestinians as arabs, then yes, arabs have equal rights in israel and can vote etc. Look at how the border arab countries treated the palestinian refugees when they were displaced, they treated them poorly and gave them no recognition or citizenship. People hate on israel because its cool. The middle east would be a bigger hell-hole than it is today without israel. Israel is the only democracy in the middle east, the only one that actually has lgbt rights etc.

and no, they are convicted murderers. There was uproar in israel about it.
Reply 36
Probably the ones who they arrested whilst they were on their way to work. Maybe instead of releasing people from jail, they should start by pulling down the walls that surround Palestinian settlements? Stop restricting movement? Stop removing Palestinians from land to build homes for Jews? Treat Palestinians as people? as equals? Stop knowingly firing missiles at schools and hospitals? Would that not be better? Hate breeds hate and Israel is breeding rather large amounts of it.
Israel doesn't breed this hate- it existed at the dawn of islam. muslims cannot accept being rules by jews that's the crux of it.. mohammed applied the same principles, the early muslims conquered Jerusalem with their army. today muslims don't want Israel to exist - regardless of 1 or 1 million homes in Palestine. Islams hsitroy was built on the principle of having a bigger army than its neightbours, ie then the jews - but today we have turned full circle the jews (Israel ) far more intelligent than mid east muslims and have therefore the superior army. might is right is the only principle in the world of muslims vs jews, which basically leads to war, hence why hamas, Hezbollah exist, and why all the arab countres had at elast one crack at invading Israel -all failing miserabley. ISlams only principle that muslims follow is that of the 8th century, ie go to war to seize land for islam - they do not know what to do when they are faced with a superior enemy - they have not been abe to figure out the principles of negotiation , compromise, sharing land etc. Theyre only resonse for its entire hsitroy is if muslims cant control the land- go to war, kill, murder, terrorism, wartime rhetoric etc. Its no different in any part of the world you look where there are muslims - Chechnya Kashmir, Phillipines, East Timor, Chinese Kashgar, Thailand etc etc -- Palestine is not unique
(edited 10 years ago)
They aren't directly responsible for mass murder. Look at any operations, e.g operation cast lead, the israeli's carried out, were in response to rocket attacks from palestine. As a sovereign nation, israel has the right to defend itself.

The whole occupation of Palestinian land is a direct operation.
you're too ignorant. I've stated many times israel only retaliates, it is never the aggressor. As a sovereign nation it has the right to defend itself. And as you say treat palestinians as equals, well they are two different countries. If you refer palestinians as arabs, then yes, arabs have equal rights in israel and can vote etc. Look at how the border arab countries treated the palestinian refugees when they were displaced, they treated them poorly and gave them no recognition or citizenship. People hate on israel because its cool. The middle east would be a bigger hell-hole than it is today without israel. Israel is the only democracy in the middle east, the only one that actually has lgbt rights etc.

bridges-not-walls.jpg
Reply 39
I'd feel skeptical. They may have every conviction for supporting Israel, and possibly even some good reasons, yet I think many people too often just follow the view of the media, instead of bothering to research vague debates such as this for themselves. I visited Israel a few years ago and visited some Palestinian communities just outside the West Bank, and was shocked to see bullet-holes in the doors to schools and homes just across the road from the wall and the guard towers. Obviously, the Palestinian forces are hardly angelic, but anyone who strongly supports either side in this conflict cannot truly understand the extent of damage which Israel continues to inflict.

Latest

Trending

Trending