The Student Room Group

TSR Catholic Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5800
I'm okay! I think I like it here! I actually managed to get to mass as well so I got an envelope.:smile:
Hi everyone!

What's it like to be catholic at university? Is it acceptable? Do people just not care? Or is it like the horror stories I hear, of practically the best way to socially exclude yourself? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5802
Original post by AspiringMedic8
Hi everyone!

What's it like to be catholic at university? Is it acceptable? Do people just not care? Or is it like the horror stories I hear, of practically the best way to socially exclude yourself? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had a fantastic time at uni.
No one I knew really cared about it. A few people made jokes, but all in a friendly way.
And the Catholic Society is a wonderful way to meet lovely people :yep:
I went to a Catholic Uni with a Thriving Chaplaincy. Enjoyed every minute at Trinity
Original post by Aula
I had a fantastic time at uni.
No one I knew really cared about it. A few people made jokes, but all in a friendly way.
And the Catholic Society is a wonderful way to meet lovely people :yep:

I cannot wait!

I go to a "non-denominational" school in notoriously sectarian Scotland, so only my close friends even know I'm a catholic. I do express a belief in God to others, however, but being a catholic is the source of public joke. Many people whom I really get on with - some Christian - have made comments like "Ew, Catholics," "I hate Catholic people" and "The Orange Walk is just a celebration of our culture!"

It's terrible that people can be so bigoted :frown:

Maybe finally at university I can be openly Catholic! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't been online that much in the last few days due to being busy or struggling with jetlag :s-smilie: Belated wishes for the feast days of St Therese of Lisieux and St Francis of Assisi :h:
Reply 5806
Original post by AspiringMedic8
Hi everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Freshers week has just finished for me and it has been a little bit like that, but I went to the chaplaincy today and there is one guy in halls near me who is so catholic! :biggrin: and the others seem nice.
Reply 5807
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I haven't been online that much in the last few days due to being busy or struggling with jetlag :s-smilie: Belated wishes for the feast days of St Therese of Lisieux and St Francis of Assisi :h:

I hope you had a great time :smile:
Original post by rac1
I hope you had a great time :smile:

Thanks! My trip was good and I was healthy throughout - praise the Lord! :jebus: How is uni treating you? :smile:
The feast of Blessed John Henry Newman is on Wednesday. On Sunday one of his hymns was our entrance hymn.
Oooh that's exciting! October sure has a lot of important feast days in it! We've also got St Teresa of Avila coming up early next week :awesome:
Reply 5811
So umm... I was just on facebook, and I noticed this :ninja:

Spend over £50 / $50 / €50 with us and we'll take £10 / $10 / €10 off your final bill when you enter the vouchercode TREAT13 as you pay at our online check-out.

Offer valid until the 15th of October 2013 at

www.catholicswithattitude.co.uk (GB £)

Thought I should share :awesome:
Original post by Aula

You temptress, you! :devil:
Original post by Aula

eeekk! Must. Resist. Urge.To. Spend. Student. Loan
Original post by kath_igidbashian

Must.Resist.Urge.To.Spend.Disabled.Living.Allowance. :five:

That said, it's my bday in a few weeks. I could heavily hint that someone buys me a present from there :ninja:
Must.Resist.Urge.To.Spend.Disabled.Living.Allowance. :five:

That said, it's my bday in a few weeks. I could heavily hint that someone buys me a present from there :ninja:

definitely! always use your birthday to get free stuff
definitely! always use your birthday to get free stuff

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 5817
Thanks! My trip was good and I was healthy throughout - praise the Lord! :jebus: How is uni treating you? :smile:

That is nice to hear:smile: Thankyouuu I guess I like it but it just feels like I'm talking to people but not really making friends... I'm sure it'll get better though.

How are youuuu!
Original post by rac1
That is nice to hear:smile: Thankyouuu I guess I like it but it just feels like I'm talking to people but not really making friends... I'm sure it'll get better though.

Try not to pressure yourself into making friends quickly. Friends worth keeping will come to you in time and will make themselves known. I think there are few people who can claim by the end of their degree, to still be best buddies with the people they were hanging around with in Freshers' Week :hugs:
Reply 5819
Try not to pressure yourself into making friends quickly. Friends worth keeping will come to you in time and will make themselves known. I think there are few people who can claim by the end of their degree, to still be best buddies with the people they were hanging around with in Freshers' Week :hugs:

:smile: Thanks, you're a great friend!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending