The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4560
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Yeah :colondollar:

I see, you should... Breathe, count to ten.

Now, when you feel the need to reply in a way which might be felt as offensive or rude, just think and change your tone. I apparently have a really rude tone to family, so now I'm working on relaxing and saying it in a more... jocular way?

Is there a particular point he brought up?
Thanks for the advice. :smile: I'll definitely give that a go. It's harder when it gets a quickfire conversation and there isn't time to think things through, but I'll get to that problem when I get there.

I can't really remember, I think he was mainly saying that I speak to everyone like they're idiots who are beneath me. It's not my intention at all, so I can't even spot when I do it. :s-smilie:
Original post by Pandora.
Thanks for the advice. :smile: I'll definitely give that a go. It's harder when it gets a quickfire conversation and there isn't time to think things through, but I'll get to that problem when I get there.

I can't really remember, I think he was mainly saying that I speak to everyone like they're idiots who are beneath me. It's not my intention at all, so I can't even spot when I do it. :s-smilie:

Do not get into quick fire! Then you won't be faced with the possibility of it unravelling.

I used to be told that as well :frown: and tbf I probably still do it because I'm unaware, so can't help there :redface:
Reply 4562
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Do not get into quick fire! Then you won't be faced with the possibility of it unravelling.

I used to be told that as well :frown: and tbf I probably still do it because I'm unaware, so can't help there :redface:
:sadnod: It's the worst place to be. My #1 goal is to avoid those situations now.

It's really infuriating. :frown: It makes me think twice about how other people speak too though, because they could be misunderstood for all I know. :redface:
Reply 4563

The benefit of knowing me is when you speak/act like that I tell you

Posted from TSR Mobile
:sadnod: It's the worst place to be. My #1 goal is to avoid those situations now.

It's really infuriating. :frown: It makes me think twice about how other people speak too though, because they could be misunderstood for all I know. :redface:

Good :smile:

It is, but tbf I think we're quite defensive people it seems... And are quick to snap which is a hindrance!
Hello,

Can any mathematical angel please help me with this question? Pleeeeeease? :smile:
Original post by Pabblethefish
Hello,

Can any mathematical angel please help me with this question? Pleeeeeease? :smile:

sure!
Original post by Robbie242
sure!

Thank you! :biggrin:
Thank you! :biggrin:

where is it :tongue: ?
Reply 4569
Hello,

What's the question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Robbie242
where is it :tongue: ?

Original post by Qari
What's the question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh... I thought I posted a link. Bad times :tongue:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2486384
Original post by Prinz655
join de club :colondollar:

Awww haha :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Biology revision is stressing me out. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't like my photo I had to put in SAQ. :erm:
Too many mock tests :gah:
Original post by Lucy96
Biology revision is stressing me out. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If in doubt surface area + respiration bound to get you 1 mark :wink:
[video="youtube;r9APEZMeH0o"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9APEZMeH0o[/video]
Original post by Blueray2

Ikr I've had about 5 since the start of school :s.
Reply 4578
Original post by Dilzo999
Ikr I've had about 5 since the start of school :s.

I actually prefer mock exams. Considering answering exam questions is my weakness

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Blueray2

If in doubt surface area + respiration bound to get you 1 mark :wink:

Hahaha woo :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest