The Student Room Group

Motorbike Society- IV

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
Original post by xDave-
Ah yes, I hadn't thought about wearing a rucksack as well. I suppose it's quite easily done then.

That's the issue right now, I don't really know what I'll need it for. I'm in my last year of uni (taking the bus each day, would be quite nice to never have to do that again), but, beyond that, I don't know what I'll be doing. That's why I mentioned the suit bit, if I end up in a job like that then it might not be too comfy! I didn't even consider heat, didn't cross my mind. Hmm... Do you not mind the weather effects then?

I see, thanks for the info. I was going to ask if the helmet could just be attached to the bike, but no need as there's my answer.

I don't, mind the weather. I have heated gear and heated hand grips, plus layers. I really don't mind wet weather so.
Reply 541
hell i rode this past week when it was raining every day, no wet weather gear (granted i have work clothes where i work and can hang up my things to dry while im there) and i was riding on a worn dot slick. if you love riding or if its your only choice its not hard to do
Original post by F4LL3N
No this is true... but it was my sensible head :tongue: also - my bike is now officially listed for sale on eBay. Take a look if interested, or let people know if you think they will be:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390674865157?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Mate of mine wants to know what the reserve is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 543
Original post by Imperial_Maniac
Mate of mine wants to know what the reserve is?

Posted from TSR Mobile

£2,500
Reply 544
Original post by F4LL3N
No this is true... but it was my sensible head :tongue: also - my bike is now officially listed for sale on eBay. Take a look if interested, or let people know if you think they will be:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390674865157?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Can I take it for a test ride?

Also, being completely serious, you do know about the problem with paypal and collection only items, don't you? Basically, the buyer can file a claim for not described with paypal and unless you can prove delivery (which you can't- they require something like a courier or royal mail that is tracked on delivery) they'll get their money back :sadnod:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 546
Original post by Juno

Also, being completely serious, you do know about the problem with paypal and collection only items, don't you? Basically, the buyer can file a claim for not described with paypal and unless you can prove delivery (which you can't- they require something like a courier or royal mail that is tracked on delivery) they'll get their money back :sadnod:

The problem is, you have to offer Paypal as an option now through eBay, you can't take it off. It's fine don't worry, I know what I am doing - been doing this for years.
Reply 547
Original post by Juno

if you have a signed receipt then you have proof of delivery. And that would be enough for a vehicle, as you can't post a car.
Reply 548
Original post by Bathwiggle
if you have a signed receipt then you have proof of delivery. And that would be enough for a vehicle, as you can't post a car.

Problem is that paypal have no common sense. You might think a receipt is good enough but paypal want actual tracking details.

Also, im fairly sure you don't have to offer paypal in the cars etc categories.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 549
Original post by Juno
Problem is that paypal have no common sense. You might think a receipt is good enough but paypal want actual tracking details.

Also, im fairly sure you don't have to offer paypal in the cars etc categories.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well if you want to buy it you can do and then I won't have to worry :smile:
Reply 550
Original post by F4LL3N
Well if you want to buy it you can do and then I won't have to worry :smile:

Why would i want it? :hand:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm skeptical that you'll get 2500 for it myself, it has over double the mileage mine has and I bought mine for 1400, we'll see.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 552
You bought a 2008 with all the extras that mine has? You were lucky I think with yours.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by F4LL3N
You bought a 2008 with all the extras that mine has? You were lucky I think with yours.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mines an 05 with 17k odd miles. Has an immobiliser, and the restricted ecu thrown in (costs 150 odd quid new), didn't want any more mods than that because insurance companies pounce on it and a different exhaust may have effected the restriction.

Obviously it would be great if ours did sell for above 2.5, would make mine seem like even more of a bargain :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 554
Mines an 05 with 17k odd miles. Has an immobiliser, and the restricted ecu thrown in (costs 150 odd quid new), didn't want any more mods than that because insurance companies pounce on it and a different exhaust may have effected the restriction.

Obviously it would be great if ours did sell for above 2.5, would make mine seem like even more of a bargain :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Affected

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 555

Obviously it would be great if [y]ours did sell for above 2.5, would make mine seem like even more of a bargain :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile

As I said, you did get a bargain :tongue: and for a first time rider, less mods is key to your insurance. I have been riding almost 8 years on a full license, am an old man and insurance companies aren't too picky :smile:. But mines only 2 previous owners (1 when I bought it) and I've owned it since 18,000 miles so it has been much loved and cared for :smile:. If it hits 2.5k then great, but I definitely wouldn't take anything less than 2k for it.
Reply 556
Original post by F4LL3N
but I definitely wouldn't take anything less than 2k for it.

Awww Boris was hoping you'd accept 50p and a mars bar :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes thank you Juno...
Reply 558
Yes thank you Juno...

Well, I hope it has affected your use of grammar and that this effect is not negative in nature.
Tempted to buy a pair of gerbing t5's just to wear inside my uni house...

Quick Reply

Latest