The Student Room Group

There is no WBA Society on here is there? The Societies are only for bigger clubs?

There is no WBA Society on here is there? The Societies are only for bigger clubs, is that the case? (No disrespect to West Bromwich Albion, I just meant the bigger premiership clubs all have forums on here, maybe the support base of Albion just don't come on tsr or have so few to form a forum)
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Feel free to start a WBA society thread! It's been left to the members to create their own threads and maintain them. The more popular clubs obviously have a lot more discuss in them. We have an Everton thread, Newcastle thread and an Aston Villa thread but there are sometimes active and sometimes now - just depends.
I guess there just aren't that many WBA fans posting on here or else they would have started one. I'm trying to think if I've actually seen a WBA fan posting on here regularly in the football section ... can't say I have to be honest.
I think TheMagicRat is the only bromich supporter who regularly posts here.
Reply 4
Baggies fan to sub right here
Reply 5
There was a troll Albion fan on here - he hated Villa.
Reply 6
Boing boing :smile: I'm a Baggies fan, just not a frequenter of the football forums on here. They don't take kindly to girls.
Reply 7
I think there has been a WBA thread somewhere, wasn't active so possibly long way off the pages, not 100% sure though.
Good thread.

Questions for Baggies (ones from West Brom), do you consider yourself to be from Birmingham? I've always wondered it and I go to Sandwell quite a lot, doesn't feel any different, I consider it to be a part of Brum to be honest.

Same postcode, phone code, names have the same origin, West Brom = West Brum. Can imagine it being a hot potato for some people though.

Since 2009, there has been a petition to merge Sandwell with Birmingham. If successful, Birmingham would substantially increase in size with a combined population of over 1,300,000.

Didn't realise this. That explains it then.

Original post by madders94
Boing boing :smile: I'm a Baggies fan, just not a frequenter of the football forums on here. They don't take kindly to girls.

We do as long as you don't talk rubbish, glousck is one of the most respected & knowledgeable football posters on here.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by madders94

Original post by Wilfred Little
Good thread.

Questions for Baggies (ones from West Brom), do you consider yourself to be from Birmingham? I've always wondered it and I go to Sandwell quite a lot, doesn't feel any different, I consider it to be a part of Brum to be honest.

Same postcode, phone code, names have the same origin, West Brom = West Brum. Can imagine it being a hot potato for some people though.

We do as long as you don't talk rubbish, glousck is one of the most respected & knowledgeable football posters on here.

ra-ra-ra also is a great poster in the Euro/World football thread.

Think there are a couple of other girls too.
Original post by Zerforax
ra-ra-ra also is a great poster in the Euro/World football thread.

Think there are a couple of other girls too.

Yeah she knows her onions. Must admit I'm struggling to think of anyone else but that's cos most of the other girls I've seen post aren't established members, low post counts, massively in the red & post utter ****e.

It'd be good if more girls did post in here, I reckon.
Yeah she knows her onions. Must admit I'm struggling to think of anyone else but that's cos most of the other girls I've seen post aren't established members, low post counts, massively in the red & post utter ****e.

It'd be good if more girls did post in here, I reckon.

Ipswichblade was a good poster, I don't think they're active anymore though.
Questions for Baggies (ones from West Brom), do you consider yourself to be from Birmingham?

Absolutely not! :biggrin:
Just like those from Dudley or Walsall don't consider themselves part of Birmingham. Saying that, mind you, Smethwick (which then included the area of The Hawthorns) voted an awful long time ago against joining Birmingham by a single vote.
Actually, The Hawthorns today is precariously close to Hansworth on the Birmingham border, but the only administrative classification of the place having anything to do with Birmingham is the postcode.

I'm not sure people from Birmingham want anything to do with Sandwell either, to be quite honest. :colondollar:
Come on now guys, which one of you is the Lehmby dupe?
Reply 14
Original post by TRS-T

About time the best club in the Midlands got their own TSR page.

Pride of the midlands. WKWWA

Boing Boing
Reply 15
Original post by TRS-T

Original post by Political Cake

Thought as much :biggrin:

Just like those from Dudley or Walsall don't consider themselves part of Birmingham. Saying that, mind you, Smethwick (which then included the area of The Hawthorns) voted an awful long time ago against joining Birmingham by a single vote.
Actually, The Hawthorns today is precariously close to Hansworth on the Birmingham border, but the only administrative classification of the place having anything to do with Birmingham is the postcode.

Dudley is further out so I can understand that. Like you say it's right on the border, had a few Baggies fans in my class at school. Dunno, I just always considered it a part of Birmingham and I know a lot of people here do too.

I'm not sure people from Birmingham want anything to do with Sandwell either, to be quite honest. :colondollar:

I dunno, if there's a petition then who's signing it? :biggrin:

Original post by WKWWA

#js
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Political Cake

I have heard the East stand at the Hawthorns is in Birmingham, the rest of the ground is in Sandwell.
Original post by hsv
I have heard the East stand at the Hawthorns is in Birmingham, the rest of the ground is in Sandwell.

:biggrin: Serious?
Reply 19
Thought as much :biggrin:

Dudley is further out so I can understand that. Like you say it's right on the border, had a few Baggies fans in my class at school. Dunno, I just always considered it a part of Birmingham and I know a lot of people here do too.

I dunno, if there's a petition then who's signing it? :biggrin:

#js

Table means nothing after 7 games, absolutely nothing. Come back to me in Jan. Guaranteed to finish top 10 minimum, above villa.

Our squad is strongest it's ever been.

Quick Reply

Latest