The Student Room Group

Help, worst case scenario =/

I'm currently in the worst case scenario.

My firm offer was AAB (manchester) my insurance was ABB (leicester)

However, only 2 of my grades have been released, I got BB. And my last result is in chem which is my worst subject so I'm pretty sure I got a C/D.

The problem is, the unis don't have my result so they can't accept/reject do anything basically. But becauseI'm sure I've missed my offer I'll probably go into clearing BUT I can't make inquiries with other unis because of my missing grade.

I just feel like I'm waiting to be rejected but by the time that happens all the good clearing places will have gone. I'm just so stressed because I'm literally stuck and can't move forward :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Why has one of your results not been released to UCAS? I'd give UCAS a ring to did out why this has happened and if they can release you into clearing manually.

If you haven't received your results for chemistry, then that is an issue with the exam board, so you'll have to get it sorted with your school/exam board to find out why they havnt given you your results.

Good luck
Please don't be stressed. The worst case scenario is that you miss a clearing place this year, and have to take a gap year. During this time you can resit to improve your grades, and spend some time earning some money to put towards your living expenses at university.

However, you should be hassling UCAS to find out what has happened, hassling your school to see if they can do anything, and possibly contacting the exam board direct. It may also be worth ringing your universities to see if they will accept you even if you have lower grades, as this may help reassure you.
Reply 3
Original post by Hustler-1337
Why has one of your results not been released to UCAS? I'd give UCAS a ring to did out why this has happened and if they can release you into clearing manually.

If you haven't received your results for chemistry, then that is an issue with the exam board, so you'll have to get it sorted with your school/exam board to find out why they havnt given you your results.

Good luck

I have no idea, my school has been trying to get in contact with the exam board but they're still not releasing the grade :frown:

Thanks
Reply 4
Why pick an insurance with similar grade requirements?

As now you need an insurance for your insurance.
Reply 5
Original post by Stylo92
Why pick an insurance with similar grade requirements?

As now you need an insurance for your insurance.

because I was predicted AAB and thought I would be able to get that, but unfortunately I've done way worse than that
Reply 6
Original post by iamchinny
I'm currently in the worst case scenario.

My firm offer was AAB (manchester) my insurance was ABB (leicester)

However, only 2 of my grades have been released, I got BB. And my last result is in chem which is my worst subject so I'm pretty sure I got a C/D.

The problem is, the unis don't have my result so they can't accept/reject do anything basically. But becauseI'm sure I've missed my offer I'll probably go into clearing BUT I can't make inquiries with other unis because of my missing grade.

I just feel like I'm waiting to be rejected but by the time that happens all the good clearing places will have gone. I'm just so stressed because I'm literally stuck and can't move forward :frown:

Manchester are unlikely to accept you with BBC but Leicester might

Ask Manchester to reject you and call Leicester to discuss the situation
Reply 7
I have no idea, my school has been trying to get in contact with the exam board but they're still not releasing the grade :frown:

Thanks

Is it jsut you its happened to or has noone in your class got their chemistry grades ?
Reply 8
Original post by TenOfThem
Manchester are unlikely to accept you with BBC but Leicester might

Ask Manchester to reject you and call Leicester to discuss the situation

I've rung Leicester but they said they can't do anything without my grade =/
Reply 9
I've rung Leicester but they said they can't do anything without my grade =/

Go into school and hassle them to hassle the board

What excuse have you been given - coursework issue/misconduct/missing paper/???
Have you by any slim chance changed schools between AS and A2?
Reply 11
Original post by TenOfThem
Go into school and hassle them to hassle the board

What excuse have you been given - coursework issue/misconduct/missing paper/???

They said that the "examination board had not completed their conduct of a review" and that they're "investigating the delivery". I've spoken to my school and they are communicating with the exam board (OCR) =/
They said that the "examination board had not completed their conduct of a review" and that they're "investigating the delivery". I've spoken to my school and they are communicating with the exam board (OCR) =/

Is it only you or have your classmates not got their results either?
Reply 13
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Have you by any slim chance changed schools between AS and A2?

Nope, I've attended the same school since year 7
Reply 14
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Is it only you or have your classmates not got their results either?

There's 66 students without results but "14 students’ submissions". I'm really stressed about it because I know that I haven't done good enough to make my offers but because it hasn't been released the unis can't accept/reject/offer alternative courses and i can't ring other unis because they won't consider anything without my result :frown:
There's 66 students without results but "14 students’ submissions". I'm really stressed about it because I know that I haven't done good enough to make my offers but because it hasn't been released the unis can't accept/reject/offer alternative courses and i can't ring other unis because they won't consider anything without my result :frown:

Yes, I can quite see that. I am guessing it's something about the coursework or similar, but that's all it is, a guess. I don't know how you are so sure of your poor results, but taken that it is so, then Ten's advice is probably the best way to move this situation on a little. I think you have been most unfortunate in this and I wish I could help you. Your school should be pulling out all the stops on this one and I hope they are.
Reply 16
update: ocr has JUST (it's saturday, so that's 3 days waiting) released my coursework mark which was moderated down from an A* to a D giving me an overall grade D not the B I would've got if the mark my teacher had given me was correct. I'm really confused/upset/angry. This means I def haven't got places AND missed 2 full days of clearing =/
update: ocr has JUST (it's saturday, so that's 3 days waiting) released my coursework mark which was moderated down from an A* to a D giving me an overall grade D not the B I would've got if the mark my teacher had given me was correct. I'm really confused/upset/angry. This means I def haven't got places AND missed 2 full days of clearing =/

I'm truly sorry to hear this. I wish I could help. The only thing is to decide if you are going to go through clearing this year or not and move as fast as you can. Once again, I'm very sorry.

ok

that is crap but you need to move on now

clearing lines are open in lots of places today

get on the phone

if there is something you want - GREAT

if not then a gap year is NOT the end of the world
Reply 19
UPDATE: thanks to everyone who replied! I actually got offered a foundation year at Manchester which is what I'm doing now, and then after that I'll get onto my course. I got straight up rejected from Leicester. My school are being investigated my the exam board for malpractice and the exam board decided to disqualify everyone's coursework which is why my result was so drastically affected =/... Anyway, everything turned out alright in the end as I'm at my first choice uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending