The Student Room Group

17 male bi boy help plz

Hey I'm 17 year old male, I am bi and I need help asking a gay guy out. I have known this guy for years and he's a open gay guy. Now I have a crush on him(its no a phase I've had this crush for 6 years), I just need help in asking him out. I'm a shy person who is really scared to ask him out.

Please could u give me some tips or advise please

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Does he know you're bi? If not I understand it can be difficult, but just chat to him, get the conversation flowing and then maybe mention if he wants to go get coffee or lunch sometime or something?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hey I'm 17 year old male, I am bi and I need help asking a gay guy out. I have known this guy for years and he's a open gay guy. Now I have a crush on him(its no a phase I've had this crush for 6 years), I just need help in asking him out. I'm a shy person who is really scared to ask him out.

Please could u give me some tips or advise please

Does he know you're bi? You can start by just bringing that in conversation and see where it leads.

You could ask him if he wants to go out somewhere. Don't ask to go on a 'date' if you don't know the person very well, just say to go for a coffee or cinema or something like that. You'll be able to get to know their intentions a bit better then, and whether they might like you or not!

You might also want to try some subtle flirting and see if they do it back - it's always a good way to start. This might lead somewhere!

You can also literally just tell him outright that you're attracted to him. Try not to freak him out though you don't want to come onto him too much. You could just say you think he's hot etc. and see where it leads.
Reply 3
He has kinda guessed I'm bi by the way I act around him.

He has even asked me straight if I'm bi to which I couldn't respond, but however we are meeting up to hang out within a weeks time.

Which is sorta a bonus because its just me and him.

Is there any ways I could tell him I'm bi.
Like how to word it, I don't wanna scare him away
Reply 4
Original post by callum12334
He has kinda guessed I'm bi by the way I act around him.

He has even asked me straight if I'm bi to which I couldn't respond, but however we are meeting up to hang out within a weeks time.

Which is sorta a bonus because its just me and him.

Is there any ways I could tell him I'm bi.
Like how to word it, I don't wanna scare him away

You could just be like 'You know you asked me before if I'm bi and I didn't answer? Well I am!' or something. You could bring up the subject of sexuality in general, like ask him 'when did you first start liking boys?' etc then lead onto telling him that you're bi. I can't really think of a way of you telling him you're bi that would even scare him off to be honest, so I wouldn't worry about it.

You could tell him before you meet up with him so when you see him it would be more of a 'date' :biggrin:
To be honest, just do it. If he says no, then at least you know, and if he says yes, then win.

If you don't do it, you'll always wonder and possibly regret not saying anything. Who knows, you might have spent the last 6 years scared when you could have spent it with him, so just swallow your fear and tell him how you feel.
Reply 6
Thanks for the advise, I've text him that I'm bi and why I was scared to answer him before. He's changed the day of meeting up from next week. To today. Thanks for the advise and tips. I will keep you updated on how it goes today.
Reply 7
Thanks for the tips people, and I decided to tell him eariler, I rang him late last night and he wants to meet up today. I wonder what's going to happen . But thanks to everyone helping me to come over my fear of telling him. I will keep you updated on how things goes and if I got a bf at the end of the day.
Reply 8
Thanks for the tips people. I will give updates on how things goes.A quick update: I've decided to tell him early and now we are meeting up today.He's going to meet me at my college and stay near the area and we will meet up at my 2 breaks and lunch time. I will update u later tonight on what's happened.
Thanks for the tips people. I will give updates on how things goes.A quick update: I've decided to tell him early and now we are meeting up today.He's going to meet me at my college and stay near the area and we will meet up at my 2 breaks and lunch time. I will update u later tonight on what's happened.

Good lucK!!
Reply 10

Well that's good news then :smile: hope it all goes well. Keep us updated.
Another quick update before work.We met up and he asked me lots of questions of when I was bi etc, I told him everything about my self.He asked who I fancied on both genders, I said only one.He said whoI told him I fancied him for quite a while. At that point he got up and walked away.The rest of the day I was scared of what I did.Did I just gave him a shock and he went away to bring him self around to the news I gave him?(I mean have time to think of what I just told him)
Reply 12
Another quick update before work.We met up and he asked me lots of questions of when I was bi etc, I told him everything about my self.He asked who I fancied on both genders, I said only one.He said whoI told him I fancied him for quite a while. At that point he got up and walked away.The rest of the day I was scared of what I did.Did I just gave him a shock and he went away to bring him self around to the news I gave him?(I mean have time to think of what I just told him)

aw I think he's just trying to make what you said sink in. I think he will come around. :smile:
Original post by Roshany
aw I think he's just trying to make what you said sink in. I think he will come around. :smile:
I hope he does because I've got a crush on him. However, if he can't sink it in and come to the terms of me liking him, I can understand that because I did hide it away from him for 8 years(8 years of being bi) (6years of liking him)
Reply 14
I hope he does because I've got a crush on him. However, if he can't sink it in and come to the terms of me liking him, I can understand that because I did hide it away from him for 8 years(8 years of being bi) (6years of liking him)

I'm sure he will don't worry :smile:
Reply 15

I'm sure it will be fine, obviously it's pretty big news someone coming out to you and telling you that they fancy you. It will probably just take a while for it to sink in. You never know, he might like you too and never thought you'd like him back! Why don't you text him asking him what's up?
Reply 16
Hi - I went through the same situation a few months ago except I had know this guy for five months and hadn't even come out of the closet myself.
The first thing I did was that I felt like I really loved him and that a relationship is miserable if you have to hide a relationship so I cam out and all was good - but lets go to your part now shall we :smile: - The way I would do it is just say what I am going to wright in capital letters:

STEP#1:
Hi (name of guy) - I'm going to be honest and straight forward with you, I've had a crush on you for (however many years) years and I was wonderring if you wanted to go out on a date sometime. (I WOULD RECOMMEND YOU THINK OF A PLACE, A FEW DIFFERENT TIMES, AND A DATES SO YOU SEAM ORGANISED).

STEP#2: WHEN YOU'RE ON THE DATE - ASK QUESTIONS THAT AREN'T TOO PERSONEL AND DON'T GIVE ANYTHING PERSONAL AWAY HOWEVER WELL YOU KNOW THEM SIMPLY BECAUSE IT'S A BIT STRANGE EVEN IF YOU LOVE EACH OTHER VERY MUCH - USE QUESTIONS AS THE FOLLOWING:
So what do you think you're going to have, everything looks amazing - (IF YOU SEE SOMETHING ON THE MENU YOU'VE EATEN ABROAD ASK HIM IF HE HAS EVER TRIED IT BEFORE TO START UP A CONVERSATION)
A matter of fact I actually ate this when I was in (name of country) and it was absolutely delicious I would personally recommend it - so anyway lets talk about you. Favorite movie of all time? Why so? - What is your favorite way to spend a Saturday? What should I know about you that I’d never think to ask about? Did you—or do you—have a nickname? What’s the story behind it? What do you hate most about the dating process? (Tell me so I can avoid it!) (use of sarcasm so you can make it as if you were joking aut at the same time to get a bit of information out)
Once all of the talking is done you need to know who is paying although this should normally be thought about - if you are choosing the location make sure you can afford to pay for both of you never split because that is what friends do not potential boyfriends/girlfriends).

STEP#3 The last is always the easiest
After a few dates at the end of lets sat the second or third date go back to your place and lie on your bed and talk about whatever and just say "would you like to be my boyfriend" but not in a too desperate voice and not in a tone that's going to be like "yes I've won him over".

WARNING: At the beginning of a relationship you will probably be all lovy-duvvy with eachother like kissing, hugging...on a regular basis but it will slow down because a relationship is like an extremely strong friendship where you love each other and you would do anything to keep them happy but you don't need to constantly hold there hand, do things for them, hug and kiss to keep them happy they are simply happy to be with you but still do have a bit of hug and kiss :smile:

I am Bi guy myself and so is my boyfriend and our relationship is absolutely amazing despite us now being a bit further away due to work I only see him from Friday evening after college to Monday early morning but we Skype and text. Oh and remember don't call and text all the time it makes you look desperate but do send the occasional text... GOOD LUCK!!!
Original post by Patched
I'm sure it will be fine, obviously it's pretty big news someone coming out to you and telling you that they fancy you. It will probably just take a while for it to sink in. You never know, he might like you too and never thought you'd like him back! Why don't you text him asking him what's up?
I text him and he wants to hang out tomorrow, wonder what he's gnna say
Reply 18

Yayy Good luck and don't worry 👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19

That means he definitely isn't freaked out by you having a crush on him! If he was freaked out about it he wouldn't ask to hang out with you. I'm sure everything will be great tomorrow :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending