The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

I'm a Swede going to Newcastle - help?

This is the first post, but not the original one. I thought I was going to Newcastle, but that's not the case anymore. Don't waste you time here :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Newcastle actually has a really compact city centre so you don't need buses to get around the central area. There are however plenty of buses going to the suburbs and nearby towns, and also a Metro (underground/light rail) system which takes you out to the east coast and the airport.

I personally really like Newcastle - it's a lot cheaper than many other cities and as I said, it's small. It has everything you might want in walking distance.
As there's 2 universities in Newcastle (also both right next to the centre) it does mean there's a lot of students, and therefore lots of things aimed at students - bars, clubs, restaurants, shops etc.

But I guess it depends what you like - if you're wanting a really huge city then Newcastle isn't that. But it ought to have everything you might want while living here.
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by sophia5892

But I guess it depends what you like - if you're wanting a really huge city then Newcastle isn't that. But it ought to have everything you might want while living here.
Everything you've said this far seems great. I don't think I need a huge city, but what I do want is a vibrant and lively city...:smile:
Original post by Tooove
Everything you've said this far seems great. I don't think I need a huge city, but what I do want is a vibrant and lively city...:smile:

You've just described Newcastle there.

It's well known for being one of the livliest places to live as a student in the UK.
Reply 4
Hi, i've recently left Newcastle Uni and my accommodation is available if anyone is interested? It's in central link so is really nice with a double bed and ensuite. The flat mates are really nice and friendly too and I'm still in contact with them.
If you're interested, please reply to this post! You can move in as soon as possible!! It's £118 a week, with all bills included.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending