The Student Room Group

Kindest things you've witnessed on the London Underground

So what are the kindest things you have seen on the London Underground.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i once saw an argument between about 4 or 5 people. They had 2 ladies with them and 1 of the men pushed that lady onto the tracks. Almost immediately ALL the men (there was about 6 or so) tackled the guy who threw her and held him down for the police. 1 jumped onto the tracks and signalled to the incoming train (luckily it wasnt an automated one) and got it to slow down. Whilst he was doing that , another picked her up off the tracks and helped her onto the seats and then proceeded to comfort her as she was completely shocked and crying her eyes out. The only reason i saw this , was because i was on the other platform . It was amazing :wink:
Reply 2
a blowjob after she accidently wacked an entire pack of my cigarettes on the rails.
Reply 3
Original post by eXemp
i once saw an argument between about 4 or 5 people. They had 2 ladies with them and 1 of the men pushed that lady onto the tracks. Almost immediately ALL the men (there was about 6 or so) tackled the guy who threw her and held him down for the police. 1 jumped onto the tracks and signalled to the incoming train (luckily it wasnt an automated one) and got it to slow down. Whilst he was doing that , another picked her up off the tracks and helped her onto the seats and then proceeded to comfort her as she was completely shocked and crying her eyes out. The only reason i saw this , was because i was on the other platform . It was amazing :wink:

I thought you were going to say 'the only reason I saw this, was because I was one of the men helping' lol but that was so good of them!! Some people are really kind hearted :smile:
But goodness, you're everywhere eXemp!
But to the OP, I once saw someone offering to take a confused old lady to her destination and it was in the opposite direction to where the guy was heading....such a pure soul! I felt like I gained a bit more faith in humanity again...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by BlossomS
I thought you were going to say 'the only reason I saw this, was because I was one of the men helping' lol but that was so good of them!! Some people are really kind hearted :smile:
But goodness, you're everywhere eXemp!
But to the OP, I once saw someone offering to take a confused old lady to her destination and it was in the opposite direction to where the guy was heading....such a pure soul! I felt like I gained a bit more faith in humanity again...

Posted from TSR Mobile

i had a day off and nothing planned. Sue me :colondollar:
Reply 5
Original post by eXemp
i had a day off and nothing planned. Sue me :colondollar:

You're sued! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I lost my oyster case on the bus once (which contained my fitness first card, college id card and oyster). A few days later the college phoned me and said a man had found my oyster case and said the post would take too long and he couldnt deliver it himself so he put it on a taxi to my college. Wish i could say thanks but ah well.. the downside was that after i had lost my oyster, i cancelled it and also had to pay for a new membership card as i thought they were gone for good. 15 pounds down the drain..

Also id left my oyster at home once and the bus i usually took for college was so packed. Whilst i was rummaging through my bag, the bus driver got pissed off and told me to get out if i didnt have money to pay to get in. You can imagine how humiliated i was and 2 lovely people offered to pay.
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
I forgot to pick up my bag which was full of valuables and, as I was leaving the train through a crowd of people, a girl shouted out to me about my bag and proceeded to hold the doors open to allow me enough time to pick up the bag and leave.
Reply 8
A friend of mine was in London a few years ago and a little kid fell on the tracks with a train due in a minute or two, and a stranger climbed down, lifted him up and left without saying anything, they were trying to find out who he was to give him a reward but I'm not sure he ever came forward, faith in humanity restored :smile:
Original post by jm925
A friend of mine was in London a few years ago and a little kid fell on the tracks with a train due in a minute or two, and a stranger climbed down, lifted him up and left without saying anything, they were trying to find out who he was to give him a reward but I'm not sure he ever came forward, faith in humanity restored :smile:

Wow. I love people that do things without expecting things in return. Im wondering how he didnt get an electric shock though
One time I saw a guy with the same trousers as me. We both knew it. But he looked away and pretended he didn't. Such a sweetie :3
I saw two people having a conversation once
Original post by Guitarded

Shock horror! In London? No! :shock:

I've been to many cities and anyone can easily strike up a convo without being looked at weirdly :lol:
Reply 13
I fainted on a packed rush hour tube and everyone was so kind. People were giving me food and drinks from their bags and one woman even got off at the next stop and sat with me for ages making sure I was okay :h:.
Reply 14
Original post by eXemp

They weren't nice to hold him down
Reply 15
Original post by .Scout.
I fainted on a packed rush hour tube and everyone was so kind. People were giving me food and drinks from their bags and one woman even got off at the next stop and sat with me for ages making sure I was okay :h:.

Did the woman have anything better to do?

Were they from the North of England?
Reply 17

That was a mugging.
Reply 18
In general, I'd rather see a pregnant woman stand than a fat woman cry.
Reply 19
nothing so far! but nothing horrible either. london underground is so ..... i don't know ... everyone is in such a rush with earphones on or extremely busy in playing a game on their phone , i've never seen anyone in a convo , it sometimes feel awkward speaking cuz it's like breaking the silence, anyone feel the same way?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending