The Student Room Group

About to cry...

Ok, so...

Well it started...

Gotcha.

Do universities prefer to have candidates with their grades already guaranteed? I currently have A*BBb (English Literature, History, Psychology, Maths) and am looking into studying Business Management or English Literature.

Because I have A*BBb already and am planning on retaking one Psychology module to get A*ABb, do I need to have 2 safe options like most people do or can I be more ambitious since I've already got most of the grades I need for the courses?

And please, for the love of god, if any of you know anything about English Literature or Business Management applications:

Business Management: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2486714.

English: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2486668.
You suck! I really was crying before.. I thought maybe we could share the pain.. But naw you just decide to be a smart ass..
Original post by Hastro

Ok, so...

Well it started...

Gotcha.

Do universities prefer to have candidates with their grades already guaranteed? I currently have A*BBb (English Literature, History, Psychology, Maths) and am looking into studying Business Management or English Literature.

Because I have A*BBb already and am planning on retaking one Psychology module to get A*ABb, do I need to have 2 safe options like most people do or can I be more ambitious since I've already got most of the grades I need for the courses?

And please, for the love of god, if any of you know anything about English Literature or Business Management applications:

Business Management: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2486714.

You don't need to include any applications which ask for less than A*BB. However, as you aren't guarenteed your A in psychology, it would be risky to have all A*AB applications and you still need an insurance place. If you meet or exceed the grades required for the course, then it's very likely you will get an unconditional offer, whilst places asking for higher grades will probably make it conditional on your psychology result.

I would go for 1/2 A*BB options and 3/4 A*AB options.
Original post by Hastro

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2012563&p=37765516#post37765516
Reply 4
Original post by SlowlorisIncognito
You don't need to include any applications which ask for less than A*BB. However, as you aren't guarenteed your A in psychology, it would be risky to have all A*AB applications and you still need an insurance place. If you meet or exceed the grades required for the course, then it's very likely you will get an unconditional offer, whilst places asking for higher grades will probably make it conditional on your psychology result.

I would go for 1/2 A*BB options and 3/4 A*AB options.

Thank you so much. I honestly really, really appreciate any valuable responses.

I've been waiting forever to get some decent responses on any of my threads and I still need to know so much more.

I've looked at all the entry requirements for the business degrees and it looks like most apart from Oxford/Exeter/Lancaster/Warwick do AAB. I'm just really wanting to know if the universities that have AAB down as the entry requirements actually offer to AAB or if that's just a minimum and they're actually asking for AAA/A*AA off of people.

If any of you can read the threads that I linked above and give me some help I will <3 you.
Original post by Hastro
Thank you so much. I honestly really, really appreciate any valuable responses.

I've been waiting forever to get some decent responses on any of my threads and I still need to know so much more.

I've looked at all the entry requirements for the business degrees and it looks like most apart from Oxford/Exeter/Lancaster/Warwick do AAB. I'm just really wanting to know if the universities that have AAB down as the entry requirements actually offer to AAB or if that's just a minimum and they're actually asking for AAA/A*AA off of people.

If any of you can read the threads that I linked above and give me some help I will <3 you.

You might be best off contacting the admissions department of some of the universities you're interested in and explaining your situation, and asking if you'd be likely to get an offer.

In general, if a university says its standard offer is AAB, then this is what they offer (but they will not always consider A*BB equivalent, so check entry requirements carefully). They can chose to offer higher (or lower) and they may chose to make you an unconditional offer on the strength of the results you already have.

However, this will depend on a variety of factors, such as your reference and PS, and the standard of other applications this year, so no-one can give you a definate answer.
Reply 6
Original post by Ayesha.Tabassam95
You suck! I really was crying before.. I thought maybe we could share the pain.. But naw you just decide to be a smart ass..

Aww what about? :console:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hummi_C
Aww what about? :console:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Go away, I hate your species atm..
(That's what it was about)
Reply 8
Go away, I hate your species atm..
(That's what it was about)

But our species is... Okay we're pretty bad, but not all of us! Some of us are just labelled as bad :tongue: now tell, what happened? (Pm if you want)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hummi_C
But our species is... Okay we're pretty bad, but not all of us! Some of us are just labelled as bad :tongue: now tell, what happened? (Pm if you want)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Um no you're alright.
Reply 10
Um no you're alright.

Whatever :indiff:

Posted from TSR Mobile
So going off the title I thought this was going to be a little bit sadder....

Lol haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending