The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6000
Original post by Elm Tree
:hi:

Hey Nialisa! How are you? !
Reply 6001
Original post by Pabblethefish
Pretty good! I'm struggling a bit with maths but everything else is going really well! How are you? I'm taking maths, chemistry, physics and geography! :tongue:

Ah, maths is killing everyone I know! :/ I'm glad the rest is all good! Oh, your subjects are all so full on, but I forget that this is TSR! haha :biggrin: I'm ok, just like staying alive :smile:
Original post by Jina
Hey Nialisa! How are you? !

I'm good how about you?
When did you leave? Was it during the summer holidays? And even after your absence you still have more posts than me :redface:
Original post by Jina
Hola Senor! Haha, things are good. Had an interview for experience at a law firm today! Fingers crossed! Lol, my options are not at all what I thought i'd end up taking: Religious Studies, Biology, History and Politics. :frown: You? How are things with you, Prince? !

That's great, It's good to know you're doing well! Oh wow, a big-shot now :wink:, you'll be lawyering people around pretty soon then. As for your interview, I hope you get it! Those subjects don't look too bad: those essays tho! How come? What were you originally wanting to take?

How were your holidays, if you don't mind me asking?

Basically, this:

Original post by Princepieman
You lucky English folk, I'm just casually scrolling through this thread and I see some of your timetables - :eek: - some of you have FOUR frees (I'm talking about you financier!). I'm taking 5 Highers and suffice to say, the stress is starting to show: I've had about 4 NABs already, done 5 essays for English, 4 physics tests (failed every one bar the last one we had), 6 practical assessments for Technological Studies; 3 essays, 3 listening practice NABs and 3 "Directed Wrtings" for French.

For each subject I have 6 periods a week plus an enrichment where we have to learn how to record songs, host live gigs in our school and perform in front of the school (first one's tomorrow!)

Help ME!

I've also got 2 English essays due tomorrow, why, cruel world why?

I'm also starting a job at the O2 Store after the two weeks of October break. It doesn't end there, I've gone full-on insane with extracurriculars now: Started Duke of Edinburgh Gold (18 months :eek:), tutoring kids (little devils) on instruments and recording music, I'm doing THREE sports now - lacrosse, basketball and rugby, In addition, I'm planning to start both a mock trial club and a unicycling club.
Original post by sr-96
Yes i usually write notes just to make them neater and more appealing,but sometimes i find that whilst writing, the content does seem to stick:tongue: But i hate messy work so i have to write it out in neat, i can't help it!!:frown: I wonder if any one else writes their notes out in neat too?:curious:

I always make a neat copy of my Math homework as my methods are always here there and everywhere, I wouldn't know what the heck was going on otherwise! I also started putting all my economics work in one folder and I don't know what sheets go with what teacher/subject and most pages are 3/4 empty, now that I think about it neat copies sound pretty good right about now :tongue:
i don't know if you lot know about this already but there's this website http://www.gapmedics.co.uk/ which gives overseas hospital work experience placements (in Tanzania, Thailand and Central Europe) so if your interested in medicine, dentistry, nursing or midwifery, i dunno, check it out? but just to warn you guys its a little bit pricey, just though you lot ought to know cause there's a lot of you who want to study medicine....[h="1"]
Why I ought to.... Man, how are you even real?
Original post by Katie97
I had to put my human/physical in separate ones. The amount of room human geography has took up in the folder already is ridiculous - it's probably the same amount as all my other subjects combined. :lolwut:

:eek: Wow! We get tonnes of handouts, but the writing is all really tiny and compressed, so it doesn't take up too much room. I'm finding I have most notes in biology - I've got through an entire book, and we don't even do that many exercises in class!
Reply 6008
You lucky English folk, I'm just casually scrolling through this thread and I see some of your timetables - :eek: - some of you have FOUR frees (I'm talking about you financier!). I'm taking 5 Highers and suffice to say, the stress is starting to show: I've had about 4 NABs already, done 5 essays for English, 4 physics tests (failed every one bar the last one we had), 6 practical assessments for Technological Studies; 3 essays, 3 listening practice NABs and 3 "Directed Wrtings" for French.

I'm also a Scottish student taking five highers but I didn't take english!! My timetable is so full! I had three frees but filled them up with DofE, in class support and Swedish!

Last week I had 5 NABs. I was freaking out! Luckily I passed them all!

Posted from TSR Mobile

For each subject I have 6 periods a week plus an enrichment where we have to learn how to record songs, host live gigs in our school and perform in front of the school (first one's tomorrow!)

Help ME!

I've also got 2 English essays due tomorrow, why, cruel world why?

I have all of Monday Morning,Wednesday Afternoon and Friday Afternoon off-just 2hrs 45mins of lessons tomorrow:colondollar: but I have one day when I'm in from 9.00-5.30:angry:

I have found that I am getting a lot less homework than I thought I would-I have received one piece of homework this week and I haven't done it yet.I have had no homework for 5 weeks in Maths and 2 weeks in Further Maths-I have had quite a lot of homework in Geography though but only one piece this week.
Original post by Freypops
I'm also a Scottish student taking five highers but I didn't take english!! My timetable is so full! I had three frees but filled them up with DofE, in class support and Swedish!

Last week I had 5 NABs. I was freaking out! Luckily I passed them all!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Someone who understands my pain, except you didn't take English, at least I'm not alone with my full timetable and NABs! Ooh, DofE as well, what level?

What subjects are you taking this year? Also, how do you find Highers compared to Standard Grades/Int 2s?

I only have one left, and that's after the holidays. I'm still working on my essays - I might just give up and continue in the morning.
Original post by Dalek1099
I have all of Monday Morning,Wednesday Afternoon and Friday Afternoon off-just 2hrs 45mins of lessons tomorrow:colondollar: but I have one day when I'm in from 9.00-5.30:angry:

I have found that I am getting a lot less homework than I thought I would-I have received one piece of homework this week and I haven't done it yet.I have had no homework for 5 weeks in Maths and 2 weeks in Further Maths-I have had quite a lot of homework in Geography though but only one piece this week.

I'm so jealous right now, so incredibly jealous! Jeez, that's a good 8 and a half hours of school! At least you won't have to work - I'll have three days a week where i won't come home till 9:00 pm. I assume you to to a sixth-form college?

Can we actually just switch places, you finish my 2 English essays for tomorrow and I just chillax while reading around my subjects. To be quite honest, it seems that you guys have a fairly low intensity of work at the beginning of term. We just get thrown into the deep end, with all the random tests, homework every week and essays we do.
Reply 6012
Someone who understands my pain, except you didn't take English, at least I'm not alone with my full timetable and NABs! Ooh, DofE as well, what level?

What subjects are you taking this year? Also, how do you find Highers compared to Standard Grades/Int 2s?

I only have one left, and that's after the holidays. I'm still working on my essays - I might just give up and continue in the morning.

Yes!! We seemed to have done so little coursework before they have us a NAB! And they can be used as evidence so it's not like a little class test!

I am doing my gold DofE, it so much fun!

This year I took maths, physics, chemistry, history and human bio as a self study! However I did higher modern studies last year so I got a rough idea of how much work was required. I found maths to be the biggest step up from int 2 to higher, and physics to be the smallest. I still have about four hours of homework a night :,(

Good luck with your last nab!! What subject is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
Ah, maths is killing everyone I know! :/ I'm glad the rest is all good! Oh, your subjects are all so full on, but I forget that this is TSR! haha :biggrin: I'm ok, just like staying alive :smile:

Hmmm, I wouldn't say I'm the 'model TSR student' though :wink: I'm not going to lie, I will most definitely have to work my butt off for maths! I have a backup plan if I don't do very well at AS though, I'm going to do some form of apprenticeship in law or accountancy (neither interest me but I'm thinking of $ in the future since my goal of becoming some form of chemist become so much slimmer on dropping out) :tongue:
Original post by Freypops

I am doing my gold DofE, it so much fun!

Posted from TSR Mobile

No
Reply 6015
No

It is! It's teamwork cooperation and learning new skills

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha my response exactly tf is fun doing describing duke of ed
Hell

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6017
Original post by sr-96
Yes i usually write notes just to make them neater and more appealing,but sometimes i find that whilst writing, the content does seem to stick:tongue: But i hate messy work so i have to write it out in neat, i can't help it!!:frown: I wonder if any one else writes their notes out in neat too?:curious:

I do usually. In class I find myself rushing & my writing looks messy. I've got OCD and it just can't be put into my folder if it looks messy.
Reply 6018
Oooh, well done! What was yours on? Our was on the first topic of mechanics about forces - balancing moments and equilibrium etc.

same mechanics- F=ma, vector quantities, vetors, displacement etc
I'm so jealous right now, so incredibly jealous! Jeez, that's a good 8 and a half hours of school! At least you won't have to work - I'll have three days a week where i won't come home till 9:00 pm. I assume you to to a sixth-form college?

Can we actually just switch places, you finish my 2 English essays for tomorrow and I just chillax while reading around my subjects. To be quite honest, it seems that you guys have a fairly low intensity of work at the beginning of term. We just get thrown into the deep end, with all the random tests, homework every week and essays we do.

I have been unlucky today and got a Physics Assignment and more Geography homework-my Geography teacher always gives out 2 pieces of homework each week:angry: