The Student Room Group

How to get a body like Sergio Ramos?

This might sound like a stupid question but I really like his physique, I feel it is not too big and muscular and not too skinny- its perfect!
I am 18 and currently on my gap year so I have decided to start going to the gym. My ultimate goal is to get a body like Ramos and I understand it will take time. I am currently quite skinny :frown:
What training exercises would you recommend and how often to do them?
Thank you!

Sergio-Ramos-in-miami-shirtless-six-packs-abs-stomach-toned-fit-footballer_zps6d824019.jpg
Do plenty of jogging bro and you'll look like that in no time
Exercises: Squats, deadlifts, bench press, bent-over rows, overhead press, chin-ups/pull ups, glute-ham raises, barbell curls, dips, farmers walks, leg press, close-grip bench press, Romanian deadlifts.

Do a mixture of these 3 times a week.

Eat 500-1000 calories over your maintenance. (maintenance= body weight in lbs x 15)

Give it a 1-2 years.

Cut fat using HIIT.

Boom Segio Ramos double.
Reply 3
Original post by EonBlueApocalypse
Exercises: Squats, deadlifts, bench press, bent-over rows, overhead press, chin-ups/pull ups, glute-ham raises, barbell curls, dips, farmers walks, leg press, close-grip bench press, Romanian deadlifts.

Do a mixture of these 3 times a week.

Eat 500-1000 calories over your maintenance. (maintenance= body weight in lbs x 15)

Give it a 1-2 years.

Cut fat using HIIT.

Boom Segio Ramos double.

Thank you so much for the advice but what does HIIT mean?
Original post by mrhedgehog

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw40.htm

To be honest if you stick to a decent training and diet plan then you'll get results better than Ramos, is physique is easily obtainable.
Reply 5

High Intensity Interval Training.

It's a form of exercising (based on interval training itself as far as I know). Basically, do short intense periods of excersies with minimal rest periods.

I.e - Sprint for 30 seconds, jog for 15, sprint for 30 seconds, jog for 15 etc..

As for your weightlifting, I'd recommend you rep quickly and release slowly.

I.e - 100kg dead lift. Bring the weight up as fast as possible (but you need to ensure your technique and form is good before trying to go to quickly..) then lower it down slowly. Up quick, down slow.

It's high intensity interval training, excellent for fat loss. Typical HIIT session last between 15-20 minutes and are better at increasing fitness and fat burning than your average 30-60 minute treadmill run.

They involve a period of maximal output for 15-30 seconds followed by 30-60 seconds rest repeated for 5-10 sets.
Reply 7
Original post by EonBlueApocalypse
It's high intensity interval training, excellent for fat loss. Typical HIIT session last between 15-20 minutes and are better at increasing fitness and fat burning than your average 30-60 minute treadmill run.

They involve a period of maximal output for 15-30 seconds followed by 30-60 seconds rest repeated for 5-10 sets.

Okay got that, do you recommend any ab exercises or is the main priority getting rid of the fat on top of the abs?
Okay got that, do you recommend any ab exercises or is the main priority getting rid of the fat on top of the abs?

You could do some ab exercises like weighted sit-ups or leg raises to build up your ab muscles. The big lifts, such a squats and deadlifts hit your core pretty hard as well. But you're right in suggesting fat loss as the best way to get visible abs. As they say: Abs are made in the kitchen.
Original post by OMG TOOTHBRUSH
Do plenty of jogging bro and you'll look like that in no time

Jogging is a chore man, buy a bike and start swimming, way more enjoyable and get the same if not better results.
Reply 10
Original post by bazookabrad
Jogging is a chore man, buy a bike and start swimming, way more enjoyable and get the same if not better results.

I agree. Or implement it into a sport that you like?

I go jogging everyday, but the only reason I can do this without falling asleep through boredom, is because I take a football with me and dribble round with it :tongue:

Plus along the way I'm improving control and agility, I pretend lamposts are defenders. How cool am I.

Quick Reply

Latest