The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4660
Original post by lilGem
The last week of term is looking to be horrible :sad: 3 deadlines and about 2/3 summative course tests :cry2:

Thursday isn't looking much better with an essay deadline, vaccination and a chemistry test

university is hard work :erm:

You're frightening me :frown:
Reply 4661
Original post by Qari
You're frightening me :frown:

Don't get me wrong I'm loving it, it's just a bit overwhelming being thrown into the deep end :redface:
Econ remark stayed exactly the same, I'll admit I was too vague. Was worth a good try though and thank god it didn't go down!
Original post by Robbie242
Econ remark stayed exactly the same, I'll admit I was too vague. Was worth a good try though and thank god it didn't go down!

Sorry to hear that! Hope it hasn't changed any of your plans.
Original post by NedStark
Sorry to hear that! Hope it hasn't changed any of your plans.

It's fine honestly, I would be devastated if it went down so the feelings neutral :smile: Nope everything is going full steam ahead, just looked at my reference... It captures exactly what Cambridge and other unis want in a nice way!

Sent it off to my ucas corodinator and she should send my reference off tonight - then UCAS will probably send it sometime next week, I'm thinking Monday
Original post by usycool1
Thanks! :biggrin:
Hmm...no idea, but you could try Edexcel's website? I think they list them there :yep:

Damn :colonhash: What are you doing right now in FM? :smile:

I'll check it :smile:
Well I started with three classes. Four periods of Fp1-3, 1 period of D1 and 3 periods of S2,3. I dropped the 3 periods of S2,S3 to do music.
In my core class, we finished Fp1 on Tuesday and did a mock today. We should be starting Fp2 on Monday.
In my D1 class, we've done algorithms, quick sort, bubble sort, binning, kruskle (something like that) algorithm, prim's algorithm and we did Prim's matrix last week.
Original post by keromedic
I'll check it :smile:
Well I started with three classes. Four periods of Fp1-3, 1 period of D1 and 3 periods of S2,3. I dropped the 3 periods of S2,S3 to do music.
In my core class, we finished Fp1 on Tuesday and did a mock today. We should be starting Fp2 on Monday.
In my D1 class, we've done algorithms, quick sort, bubble sort, binning, kruskle (something like that) algorithm, prim's algorithm and we did Prim's matrix last week.

Good! :biggrin:

Ah I see! We're not doing things chronologically in FP or Decision modules. In FP, we've pretty much covered FP2, a bit of FP3 and most of FP1. In the Decision section, we only have a lesson a week (thank goodness! :tongue:) so we haven't done as much as you. :nah: We've pretty much covered all of M2 too now and are about to start M3. :smile:
Good! :biggrin:

Ah I see! We're not doing things chronologically in FP or Decision modules. In FP, we've pretty much covered FP2, a bit of FP3 and most of FP1. In the Decision section, we only have a lesson a week (thank goodness! :tongue:) so we haven't done as much as you. :nah: We've pretty much covered all of M2 too now and are about to start M3. :smile:

Ah I see. We did do Fp2 series as well and I know bits and pieces from my own curiosity:h: but nothing else seemed to be common between the modules so we concentrated on Fp1. We may jump between Fp2 and Fp3, my teacher has said. To have completed Fp2, Fp1 and M2 is insanely quick-your mathematicians must collectively be at a greater aptitude! :smile: I think the people doing M2 and S2 are aiming to finish it at the end of this term!
(edited 10 years ago)

Yeah, about the same, although I did a section 1 paper yesterday and scored 3.8 for some reason :rofl: Hopefully it was just a bad day though! Taking the day off today to get some work done for it (no important lessons anyway, this is far more important atm. :tongue:).
Neither have I tbh...but I've heard that as long as you answer all parts to the question, no matter how badly you answer it, you'll score at least 3...and that's good enough for Imperial. Also, have you read Medical Ethics: A Very Short Introduction by Tony Hope? It's a very good (and short) book to help you with section 3 ethics questions IMO :yep:

I'm worried i'm not doing enough work for it now... :s-smilie:

I've ordered it off Amazon, it looks good :smile:
Reply 4669
It's fine honestly, I would be devastated if it went down so the feelings neutral :smile: Nope everything is going full steam ahead, just looked at my reference... It captures exactly what Cambridge and other unis want in a nice way!

Sent it off to my ucas corodinator and she should send my reference off tonight - then UCAS will probably send it sometime next week, I'm thinking Monday

what grades did u get?
Original post by IceKidd
what grades did u get?

I got AAAA at AS with 96.6reccuring% average in Maths and 88.3reccuring% average in Further Maths (79 in S1 :angry: ) and Econ and History were 81% and 85% respectively
On the subject of retakes, how can my friends exam go up by 20 marks :eek:
Reply 4672
I got AAAA at AS with 96.6reccuring% average in Maths and 88.3reccuring% average in Further Maths (79 in S1 :angry: ) and Econ and History were 81% and 85% respectively

Oh thats good . what are you applying for... maths or economics im going to assume
Original post by furryface12
Ohh- I was gonna say, I always thought usy was male! :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha yeah, I'm dying... Haven't eaten in 10 hours :colonhash:
Original post by IceKidd
Oh thats good . what are you applying for... maths or economics im going to assume

Applying for Maths :smile:

What about you? or are you just lurking on this thread :tongue:
Reply 4675
Applying for Maths :smile:

What about you? or are you just lurking on this thread :tongue:

Oh nice! Thats a strong maths UMS u got for cambridge then, 95+! I nearly applied there myself haha! Im applying for maths too but not at cambridge...my chem ums let me down a bit, and mainly...i really dont want an offer on STEP.

hahaa im applying for maths and am a lurker :colone:
Writing a personal statement is soo long... :confused:
Original post by IceKidd
Oh nice! Thats a strong maths UMS u got for cambridge then, 95+! I nearly applied there myself haha! Im applying for maths too but not at cambridge...my chem ums let me down a bit, and mainly...i really dont want an offer on STEP.

hahaa im applying for maths and am a lurker :colone:

Yeah I suppose, I've being told by Pembroke that my exact average for m and fm (92.5%) is the average, but 95%+ is usually the average successful applicant so I don't know :tongue:
Oh cool! where else are you applying then? I can only assume without STEP a place like Bristol or Durham perhaps? (two of my unis :colone: )
Was chem really that bad then :redface: ?

Ah cool nice to meet you fellow mathmo :awesome:
what is up with tsr, its not updating itself despite new posts until I make a post
Original post by IceKidd
Well u got bristol right. my others are oxford warwick imperial and lse... lool well i didnt think my maths was amazing compared to alot of the people on here and with a fairly low ums on chem compared to what they expect (87) i figured it was a waste of an application so i thgouht id give oxford a shot. the rest were above 90 though -.- (100,100,94,94)

Ah I see still thought it would've being worth a go but if you like Oxford just as much then that is good :smile:.

Nice choices, I'm applying for Bristol and Warwick out of those :smile: and then Bath as my last one

Hope we both get offers!

Latest