The Student Room Group

Why do people chose 'Party Halls' if they're gonna complain?

So from what I've seen on TSR, and people in my house of 36 (we're all close) there are a few people who constantly complain when we come back drunk late at night, or play music loud. Some even complained during freshers. This one girl has come out to scream at her flatmates complaining about them waking her up at 2am.. on a Student Night..

My halls (and other well known social ones) are very desirable to get into, so it's not as if they were forced into them. They most likely first choiced them.

Anyway, rant over.

WHYYY?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Are they cheap halls??? Some people just like complaining ??? I'm kinda glad I didn't end up in halls. I got to pick my housemates and we are all getting along great. We're all stay-in with a movie and pizza kinda people but we have also been to the pub a couple of times.
Reply 2
They may not have chosen it, it could have been their second choice.

It being a "party halls" doesn't mean you can come back being loud when someone's trying to sleep or thinking you're funny because its FRESHERZZ UNAY.
Original post by Miracle Day
So from what I've seen on TSR, and people in my house of 36 (we're all close) there are a few people who constantly complain when we come back drunk late at night, or play music loud. Some even complained during freshers. This one girl has come out to scream at her flatmates complaining about them waking her up at 2am.. on a Student Night..

My halls (and other well known social ones) are very desirable to get into, so it's not as if they were forced into them. They most likely first choiced them.

Anyway, rant over.

WHYYY?

Because they have the best facilities.

I don't give a **** if it's "party halls", if you're going to be an immature prick with no restraint because you're finally away from your parents with access to unlimited booze and you want to be soooo cooool n hardkore and wake me up at 2am, I will tell you to shut up, I will bang pans at 7am and I will put in a complaint.

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister

I don't give a **** if it's "party halls", if you're going to be an immature prick with no restraint because you're finally away from your parents with access to unlimited booze and you want to be soooo cooool n hardkore and wake me up at 2am, I will tell you to shut up, I will bang pans at 7am and I will put in a complaint.

Do they? Or is that just an assumption?

In my Uni Talybont Court has the best facilities, and everytime I walk passed it, it's dead.
Hah I know right. It makes even less sense when they pick a party Uni (Manchester Unis) and still act surprised when there's music past midnight in freshers.

I've got very little sympathy for them really, they didn't research their halls and uni and they're gonna have a bad time.

Can always keep it down if it's a one off or something, but there's no way I would've compromised my uni experience because someone else messed up and came to the wrong place.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6

Spoiler

Bang pans :rofl:
Do they? Or is that just an assumption?

In my Uni Talybont Court has the best facilities, and everytime I walk passed it, it's dead.

At my uni one of the best is a party hall.

I chose not to live in them because I don't like the idea of halls, but honestly, I feel really sorry for people who aren't into getting smashed that live in halls it must suck ass
Original post by Ripper-Roo
Bang pans :rofl:

It's the most annoying sound in existence And I will inflict it on you if you annoy me and live next to me
lived in a 'party flat' in my first year..

There was one guy who complained, and he had just chosen it, because in this case it was the cheapest option..

To be honest it was ok, and quite an experiance living there.. I have some rather good stories now, thanks to that year :biggrin:

But I wouldnt want to do it again..

This year I live with mostly asian post-grad students.. and its bliss! its clean, quiet, they are all polite and friendly.. perfect for a final year student with a stupidly heavy workload :smile:
Reply 10
It's the most annoying sound in existence And I will inflict it on you if you annoy me and live next to me

I doubt it could be as annoying as giggling (or crying) girls coming in at 4 in the morning when you really want some sleep.

Not happened to me, but I would be so so angry.
Reply 11

Spoiler

I carried a motorbike up 3 flights of stairs and started it in the offenders bedroom. :biggrin:
Original post by JC.
I carried a motorbike up 3 flights of stairs and started it in the offenders bedroom. :biggrin:

That's pretty awesome :bigsmile:
Reply 13
Partying is fine at uni but when it disturbs the well-being of others then it's not fine. Why cant people stop being total douches and have fun at the same time? It's easy not to be a douche you know...
Original post by MancBoy
Partying is fine at uni but when it disturbs the well-being of others then it's not fine. Why cant people stop being total douches and have fun at the same time? It's easy not to be a douche you know...

This
At my uni the "party halls" were also the cheapest, so lots of people picked them. Plus putting something as your first choice doesn't guarantee you'll get it. I got my first choice, but several people didn't, so it's not right to assume that people deliberately picked the party halls as the first choice. And it may be a student night, but I had 9am's every day after student nights and although I'm nocturnal and was usually up anyway, some people are going to want to sleep. Weekends are one thing, but it's perfectly reasonable to want your flatmates to be quiet mid-week. 9am's are hard enough as it is!
At my uni one of the best is a party hall.

I chose not to live in them because I don't like the idea of halls, but honestly, I feel really sorry for people who aren't into getting smashed that live in halls it must suck ass

Thought Maple and TC were the party halls?

Elgar, Aitken and Mason all seemed pretty quiet to me whenever I visited compared to those 2.

OP, I think for the first couple of weeks fair enough, it is a bit much to complain given the uni is basically encouraging you to go out and get totalled as a group in your flat, but for the rest of the year it's really not hard to be quiet when drunk. I've been in some horrendous states sports night and no woken any of my block/housemates.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Le Nombre
Thought Maple and TC were the party halls?

Elgar, Aitken and Mason all seemed pretty quiet to me whenever I visited compared to those 2.

OP, I think for the first couple of weeks fair enough, it is a bit much to complain given the uni is basically encouraging you to go out and get totalled, but for the rest of the year it's really not hard to be quiet when drunk. I've been in some horrendous states sports night and no woken any of my block/housemates.

Mason is pretty party ful
(edited 10 years ago)

Anyway, rant over.

WHYYY?

You sound like a complete and total tit tbh. And I'm betting no amount of logic or reason is going to pull you out of 'me me me'.
Mason is pretty party ful

Ah OK. Birmingham doesn't seem bad for non party halls though, even on the Vale Elgar/Aitken seem quite quiet and the various Liberty ones have good facilities without the drinking. If you wanted a quiet halls at mine you were pretty much ****ed, had to live with all the post grads and Erasmus.

Sister's a fresher in tennis courts, thankfully she enjoys nights out!

Quick Reply

Latest