The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It's gross.
Reply 2
I'm incesterested.
Reply 3
I'm not sure what to think
It's not the best idea to go for, especially if one day you have children. It's certainly going against typical family behaviour if you are attracted to someone you grew up with in a family environment. Humans tend to have affectionate feelings for members of their family, but due to living with them, get annoyed with them and would rarely think of any lusting thoughts.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
A game for all the family :colone:

Spoiler

Reply 6
Well the Targaryans have been doing it for centuries, so I see no harm in it.

Plus Joffrey was born of incest and he turned out to be a great king.
If both parties consent, are adults, and protection is used so no pregnancy occurs then I think it's fine. - At the end of the day it's between 2 people who are not hurting anybody by what they're doing - provided this is the case I just can't see what business it is of the state or anyone else to interfere, we should be mature enough to value the liberty of the individual above the "eew" factor. I think the same argument can be made for homosexuality too (though thankfully we're enlightened enough to have legalised that).
(edited 10 years ago)
Oddly, me and my friend discussed this earlier. I don't get it. If you've grown up separately and don't know you're related, I can see how it would happen, and I think that's awful and unfair on the people involved. But when you've grown up with people? I think of my brother and want to give him a hug, maybe an affectionate kiss on the forehead (which would likely earn me a punch on the shoulder for being too soppy and girly), nothing in me even remotely fancies him. It's a horrible horrible thought. And nor should I. People who get into the whole incest thing have a whole host of issues far beyond that.
Reply 9
Original post by TheHistoryStudent
If both parties consent, are adults, and protection is used so no pregnancy occurs then I think it's fine. - At the end of the day it's between 2 people who are not hurting anybody by what they're doing - provided this is the case I just can't see what business it is of the state or anyone else to interfere. I think the same argument can be made for homosexuality too (though thankfully we're enlightened enough to have legalised that).

Sums my view up completely :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
Oddly, me and my friend discussed this earlier. I don't get it. If you've grown up separately and don't know you're related, I can see how it would happen, and I think that's awful and unfair on the people involved. But when you've grown up with people? I think of my brother and want to give him a hug, maybe an affectionate kiss on the forehead (which would likely earn me a punch on the shoulder for being too soppy and girly), nothing in me even remotely fancies him. It's a horrible horrible thought. And nor should I. People who get into the whole incest thing have a whole host of issues far beyond that.

You phobia because you don't personally understand the inclination is not really a good grounds of objection in the 21st century.

Most people cannot understand homosexual attraction, especially why a man would want another man being intimate with them, and they find it a horrible horrible thought. They think of someone that is same sex and all they want to do is be friends.

We still find them homophobic, so fear of the lack of familiarity is really not an argument or demonstration of an open-mind.
i do not understand why you would want to be an incest. It is obviously disgusted and its resultant in disabled children which is not fair on them.
Original post by modini

This....(always wanted to do the 'This' thing).:biggrin:
Reply 13
Original post by ilovecake123
i do not understand why you would want to be an incest. It is obviously disgusted and its resultant in disabled children which is not fair on them.

Your finding it disgusting is not grounds to hate it.

There are other issues (such as hereditary stuff) that can lead to disabled or disfigured children. Are you saying we should also ban 2 consenting and loving adults with faulty hereditary genes from having children?
Reply 14
the hair on my arse falls off thinking about this.
Original post by LutherVan
Your finding it disgusting is not grounds to hate it.

There are other issues (such as hereditary stuff) that can lead to disabled or disfigured children. Are you saying we should also ban 2 consenting and loving adults with faulty hereditary genes from having children?

i never said that? its not their fault (2 loving adults) that they have faulty genes and they probably do not know that they will produce disabled kids however with incest couples it is highly likely they will produce disabled children
Reply 16
Original post by modini

I thought you were referring to the mod for a minute :teehee:
Incest is plain disgusting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheHistoryStudent
If both parties consent, are adults, and protection is used so no pregnancy occurs then I think it's fine. - At the end of the day it's between 2 people who are not hurting anybody by what they're doing - provided this is the case I just can't see what business it is of the state or anyone else to interfere, we should be mature enough to value the liberty of the individual above the "eew" factor. I think the same argument can be made for homosexuality too (though thankfully we're enlightened enough to have legalised that).

This +1000.

I wouldn't do it myself, but who really cares if someone else does it? Why should we stop them from doing something both parties consent to? (Provided it isn't causing any harm to anyone, which in most cases, it doesn't.)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok so incest is wrong, and these are the current arguments.

- Inbreeding leads to child defects etc (good argument)
- It's gross.

So can anyone provide any rational arguments against incest that are not having children other than it's gross? surely this is the same as calling homosexuals gross and therefore not acceptable?

Latest