The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Riku
Thank you :smile:

Spoiler

I understand. I'm just starting out at the gym again and starting to eat healthily after recovery and remembering how far to go safely is holding me back so much. I am completely unfit and unhealthy and would like to change that but those earlier patterns kicking in makes me so reluctant to change.

Doesn't help that my mum and my mother in law point at photos of me from when I was unwell and say how lovely and thin I was back then because I know how to get to that shape but not in a healthy balanced way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Meaty_man
you must be the only person here that doesn't like you :tongue: :hugs: you're lovely!

i get days when i just don't want to even leave my room...let alone the house, i ain't any good at facing the world either :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its because only i tell the truth :tongue:

I left my room to make nutella toasties :drool: but nothing else, hibernation is deffo the way forwards :smile:

Hope your ok :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PonchoKid
I really am, can't even face the world today :frown:

Boyfriends sleeping so I'm watching mr bean in silence so I don't wake him

Posted from TSR Mobile

No - you're just having a bad day and that doesn't make you a horrible person at all:smile:
I'm always here to talk.. especially when your boyfriends asleep and you can't talk to him:colondollar:
Reply 8503
CBT was pretty difficult today.. slowly coming to terms with some things I think, and it felt like a bit of a shocking session in terms of realisations sinking in. It's pretty stupid because it's semantics really, and it's about things which happened a long time ago.

Feeling really tired now. Seeing friends tonight so hopefully that'll help hold me together for the rest of the day.
Original post by asdfgah
CBT was pretty difficult today.. slowly coming to terms with some things I think, and it felt like a bit of a shocking session in terms of realisations sinking in. It's pretty stupid because it's semantics really, and it's about things which happened a long time ago.

Feeling really tired now. Seeing friends tonight so hopefully that'll help hold me together for the rest of the day.

Am around for the next hour if you wanna chat on Facebook :hugs:
Managed an hour of school, an hour of helping out with a younger class, went food shopping with mum, ate a normal amount of food and now I AM going to manage senior section and interacting with people tonight. :woo:
Bite me depression. :tongue:
Original post by tasha96
Managed an hour of school, an hour of helping out with a younger class, went food shopping with mum, ate a normal amount of food and now I AM going to manage senior section and interacting with people tonight. :woo:
Bite me depression. :tongue:

Thats really good hun :smile:
You should deffinately be proud of your self! :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi all :smile: not sure if anyone remembers me but i was active early in the year, and i took a break for a while.

well while i was gone, my life got a lot better. the depression nearly disappeared all together. i think currently it's still with me, i never quite truly feel as if i've "escaped" it per say, but still. i'm not in such a dark stage as i was before :smile:

but bad news is that i think my anxiety is getting worse. before it was bearable and i could deal with it, but it really isn't anymore. i notice it all the time and it's horrible. i'm constantly worried people are looking at me and i'm constantly paranoid of making a fool of myself, and i'm always touching my hair - it's a nervous habit - and i do it so much that my friends take the piss out of me. i'm just so anxious about everything and i hate it. i don't really know what to do, but i don't want this to get worse.
Original post by rmhumphries
You can PM me if you want.

Sorry I didn't reply last night! Thanks for the offer.. I will take you up on that at some point :P

I'm just struggling so freaking much.. I put on a happy face and tell everyone 'yeah it's fine.. I'm fine.. Nothing to worry about' etc etc.. But I know it's so not okay.. I just don't know how to tell "them" :/

Original post by los lobos marinos
It wouldn't be a burden to anyone. Just type how you feel, post whatever you like, express freely what is troubling you and the folks here will do whatever to offer support, advice and guidance. (As already proven by the PM offer two posts up!)

Oh I am always a burden to people.. The amount of **** I've dumped on people is unbelievable :/

----

I just feel so lost in myself and so damn empty :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by -FireFlies-
Sorry I didn't reply last night! Thanks for the offer.. I will take you up on that at some point :P

I'm just struggling so freaking much.. I put on a happy face and tell everyone 'yeah it's fine.. I'm fine.. Nothing to worry about' etc etc.. But I know it's so not okay.. I just don't know how to tell "them" :/

Oh I am always a burden to people.. The amount of **** I've dumped on people is unbelievable :/

----

I just feel so lost in myself and so damn empty :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry i missed you on skype last night :frown:
And your NOT a burden at all hun i promise! :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Feel so bad. :frown: I'm actually feeling glad my wife has locked me in her office because if I was at home, well, yeah. :frown: I just...**** I don't know. I just want everything to stop I want the spies and agents to leave me the **** alone, but they don't they never will.
http://www.thunderclap.it/tipped/4990/twitter

My friend just tweeted about this petition about male suicide, thought id share it with you guys :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8512
Struggling again this evening :sad:
Original post by PonchoKid
Thats really good hun :smile:
You should deffinately be proud of your self! :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you. :colondollar:
I'm just pleased to have a day without tears (almost- I cried a little bit in school but we wont count that. :ninja: )
How are you? :hugs:

Original post by avhhs
Struggling again this evening :sad:

:jumphug:
Reply 8514
Original post by tasha96
I'm just pleased to have a day without tears (almost- I cried a little bit in school but we wont count that. :ninja: )

:jumphug:

Thanks :jumphug: Good that you had a day without crying :smile:
Original post by jargonglossary
hi all :smile: not sure if anyone remembers me but i was active early in the year, and i took a break for a while.

well while i was gone, my life got a lot better. the depression nearly disappeared all together. i think currently it's still with me, i never quite truly feel as if i've "escaped" it per say, but still. i'm not in such a dark stage as i was before :smile:

but bad news is that i think my anxiety is getting worse. before it was bearable and i could deal with it, but it really isn't anymore. i notice it all the time and it's horrible. i'm constantly worried people are looking at me and i'm constantly paranoid of making a fool of myself, and i'm always touching my hair - it's a nervous habit - and i do it so much that my friends take the piss out of me. i'm just so anxious about everything and i hate it. i don't really know what to do, but i don't want this to get worse.

Hey there :smile:

I'm glad to hear your depression is getting better, I bet that's a huge relief. As for your anxiety, are you getting any help with it? If you talk to your GP you could ask to try medication or therapy such CBT. Both can be pretty effective but it's up to you which one you would want to go for. I'd recommend reading up on each. There's an online CBT course called moodgym you could try if you find the waiting lists too long. Medication wise, there's drugs you take when you face something particularly anxiety-inducing or drugs you take everyday regardless of what you're doing that day. Anxiety is something that can very easily get worse so I'd say talk to your doctor before it does
Original post by tasha96

youv done amazing though hun, and i hope you had fun at SS :yep:

im ok thanks :smile:
Reply 8517
Urgh sometimes the feelings of self-hatred just get so overwhelming. :cry2: dont know how to live with myself.
Original post by Sultana
Urgh sometimes the feelings of self-hatred just get so overwhelming. :cry2: dont know how to live with myself.

:jumphug: Could've written this myself (as you know... I basically did tonight). You shouldn't hate yourself though - you're a lovely, friendly, supportive person, and thank you for listening to me tonight. I'm always here if you want to talk as well. :jumphug:
Reply 8519
Lots of tears running down my cheeks right now :cry: Thought I'd catch up on this week's episode of Waterloo Road but it has a really sad ending :sad: :cry:

Latest