The Student Room Group

Where to find British Asian MAN??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by meenu89
Yes, fresh of the boat so to say. I suppose it is because you have less in common with them. To be honest I can understand it.

I see :lol:

Something still doesn't sit right with me about it. :dontknow:
Reply 41
Original post by yaboy
Seriously...

No, not seriously. It's a joke. Hilarious, right! :awesome:
Go to Soho Road in Birmingham you will find plenty there.
Reply 43
Original post by Occams Chainsaw

Each to their own I suppose. I know people who have gone to India to get married, probably more common for the Men to do this, but I also know a few Women who have done the same thing.
West London represent. All about Hayes fam.
Reply 45
200px-Tamwarmasood.jpg
Reply 46
Move to Birmingham.

EDIT:

Original post by mrhedgehog
Go to Soho Road in Birmingham you will find plenty there.

Oh, mrhedgehog already suggested that lol

Original post by yaboy
Bradford *Cough*

I feel people from Bradford aren't very "British" compared to other Asians...just saying.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 47
Original post by meenu89
Each to their own I suppose. I know people who have gone to India to get married, probably more common for the Men to do this, but I also know a few Women who have done the same thing.

Well, my last girlfriend was a Japanese exchange student so I guess I just don't have the same problem with cultural differences as the OP. I just think that there are more important critereon to a relationship than having been brought up in the same country :dontknow:
I know I'm being a little facetious but I'm sure you understand where I'm coming from. I, for example, spent from just after my birth until around 14 years old in a variety of different countries and didn't actually spend more than a few weeks holiday in the UK but I am very much British even without having been here the majority of my life.
Reply 48
Well, my last girlfriend was a Japanese exchange student so I guess I just don't have the same problem with cultural differences as the OP. I just think that there are more important critereon to a relationship than having been brought up in the same country :dontknow:
I know I'm being a little facetious but I'm sure you understand where I'm coming from. I, for example, spent from just after my birth until around 14 years old in a variety of different countries and didn't actually spend more than a few weeks holiday in the UK but I am very much British even without having been here the majority of my life.

What, would you say, makes you very much British as opposed to anything else?

I don't think not being brought up in the same country is as much of a problem than just not understanding the norms and values of someone from somewhere else. If someone can understand and appreciate then it's all good.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 49
Original post by Tpos
What, would you say, makes you very much British as opposed to anything else?

I expect no buses at all then 3 at a time :yep:

Sarcasm, maybe? :tongue:

Probably the fact that my family is British and when we went to a new country we always introduced ourselves as British. It's been my identity through my childhood. My dad was also always representing Britain wherever we went so I guess that counts too.
(edited 10 years ago)

She's Indian from what I gather and therefore probably means FOTB brown asians. I guess the generalisations are that they're using you to try and get a passport, they tend to have 'backward' views of women and are apparently overprotective (like prevents their girlfriends going out to clubs and partying and whatnot) because of the society they lived in, etc.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 51

I don't think British Asians have an issue with other races being from other nations

I think it's specifically other Asians being fresh off the boat.

if an Asian guy was from Australia and an Asian girl was from England I doubt it would be viewed in the same way.

it's Dat Accent
Reply 52
Original post by eliza.anne
To answer your question though, I cannot give you an exact location of where all the handsome Asian men are.

That's only because I don't post my address on the Internet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
She probably means an Indian Hindu rather than Asian. Don't even bother with oriental Asians.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
Original post by Ggmu!

Posted from TSR Mobile

All British Asian men are in your house? Whatever floats your boat
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 55
Original post by Ggmu!

Lmao

They're right, I thought you were white. :colonhash: I imagined you as a ginger white guy so...I was pretty far off I'm guessing. :lol:

Yes of course, I shall imagine you as Asian George Clooney.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 56
Original post by habs10
All British Asian men are in your house? Whatever floats your boat

Jesus christ I curse you with all my might

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Lol what a discussion. From finding out where british asian men are.. to hating freshies
Reply 58
How can anyone hate freshies? Why can't be people just be nice, it's not like they're particularly harmful. Most are timid and just nice people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
Original post by Ggmu!
How can anyone hate freshies? Why can't be people just be nice, it's not like they're particularly harmful. Most are timid and just nice people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agreed and I live in the abode of all freshies.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest