The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
It can do. I'm just not very, errrrr, romantic and gentle, leyts say, which is probably why lighting never occured to me :rofl:

TSR's resident dominatrix?

We'll leave it there before one of us gets banned :tongue:
Original post by alis-volatpropriis
I prefer it with the lights on. But dim lights adds a certain allure. Hehe

So i'm not the only one, thought maybe I was going nuts for a minute there :s-smilie:
I always turn the lights off so I can go to sleep straight after lol, I wouldn't really want a guy to see my body in the light either though as I am very self conscious.
I've only ever had sex once with the light off and that's because we thought we were missing out - turns out sex with the light off blows.

We realised watching each other and looking at each other was half the fun, and without the lights we felt like we were fumbling about and trying to figure out what was going on using our other senses, turns out your eyes are quite important for that :biggrin:.

So we only have sex with the lights on or dimmed, never off. Neither of us have hang ups over our bodies, or we're just comfortable together. I think if I had body hang ups I'd just want to stay under the duvet but would still want the lights on.
Concentrate on your exams.
Well if it's night time and I'm going to bed then I just turn the lights off as an automatic relfex. Means you don't have to get up afterwards aswell. If I wasn't going to bed afterwards then I wouldn't. :dontknow:
And it's not like you can't see in the dark anyway :s-smilie: you're eyes become accustomed to it pretty quickly and you can see what you're doing pretty well. (well I can anyway)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 45
Original post by Caesar95

1) They want to keep alive the sense of mystery and unpredictability that is the core of every relationship. By moving and having sex in the darkness, they only see parts of their bodies, they only capture an expression in the face of the lover, then dark, then an arm raising, then dark again. It is like love itself is: a race in the dark, when you hardly see where you are going and who you are running with.

Oh dear.
To be honest, I don't mind either way. If they're off, it's usually because we went to bed not intending to have sex and then it just happened.
Reply 47
This only happened before the swinging 60s when everyone was too reserved to see each others private parts.
Reply 48
Am I the only person who has never given the lighting any thought when having sex? If the lights are on, they're on, if they're off, that's that. I didn't realise people thought so deeply :curious:

Yay I'm not the only one :biggrin: LOL. No. You are not, I thought I was the only one haha.
Much prefer the lights on.

Then again, I'm a maverick.
Yes, because people are insecure.
Original post by pandabird
Oh dear.

The amount of chit in that post :/ ...
Reply 52
Original post by pandabird
Oh dear.

Didn't you catch the irony? :wink:
Reply 53
Original post by james1211
Doesn't sound too clean :colondollar:

real sex is dirty
Reply 54
I'm not self conscious with partners if I'm having sex with them, but I prefer the light to be very dim (or off), the mystery around it puts me in the mood more, bright light does the opposite!
Reply 55
There was a couple who had been married for five years with three kids. Everything was great, except the husband would always want to make love to his wife in the dark.
One night while making love the wife flipped on the light and was shocked to see her husbad using a pickle instead of his penis.
She yells, “what are you doing? Have you always been making love to me this way? Explain yourself?!”
The husband replies, “if you explain our three children I will explain the pickle!”
Reply 56
Original post by WoodyMKC
I only turn the lights off when I've pulled a girl and I only realise what a munter she is once it's too late to back out.

A true gentleman. :rofl:

I feel awkward if the lights are off, I like to see what's happening. Though there's a streetlight right outside of my window so it's often pretty bright even with the lights out which is nice :moon: Otherwise a lamp or something is best.
Reply 57
I thought the norm was to do with lights off. At least that's how I daydream it.
Am I the only person who has never given the lighting any thought when having sex? If the lights are on, they're on, if they're off, that's that. I didn't realise people thought so deeply :curious:

nope, ive never worried about it either. Either one works for me.

However losing the sense of sight cos of doing it in the dark does make touch and sound more focul to the activity at hand
Original post by Bonmot
There was a couple who had been married for five years with three kids. Everything was great, except the husband would always want to make love to his wife in the dark.
One night while making love the wife flipped on the light and was shocked to see her husbad using a pickle instead of his penis.
She yells, “what are you doing? Have you always been making love to me this way? Explain yourself?!”
The husband replies, “if you explain our three children I will explain the pickle!”

Nice......

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending