The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by tazzron
IMO, completely preventing a genetically defective person to have children they created themselves goes against their human right. The incest couple always has the alternative to each have children of their own if they wish to do so whereas genetically defective people do not.

And preventing an incestuous couple from having children they created themselves does not go against their human right?

Have you ever bothered reading the UN Declaration on Human Rights?
Reply 61
Original post by tazzron
I'm not against incest couples getting married though and, like I said in a comment later on, I'm not even saying incest couples should split up. I'm just saying that they have that option, as well as alternatives such as using donated sperm or adopting a child.

Why should you force options/alternatives on them when they are adults?

Are adults not suppose to pick options for themselves?
Reply 62
Always a fun topic to discuss with Atheists when it comes to their moral crises.
Original post by Al-Mudaari
Always a fun topic to discuss with Atheists when it comes to their moral crises.

at least they have morals
Original post by tazzron
Not extensively, no.

Because it's best to avoid defective children being born. Like I said, they are not completely being prevented from having children of their own individually. For genetically defective people, a complete ban would have to be implemented preventing them from having their own children which I don't agree with.

Not if there is a chance to prevent a defective child being born without denying them a human right (or at least what I consider as a human right).

That was written as to imply you were about to read Das Kapital; the UN declaration is one page you know.
Original post by John Stuart Mill
That was written as to imply you were about to read Das Kapital; the UN declaration is one page you know.

I know it, just not word for word (which I presume many people do, hence why I said extensively so as to show I don't know it word for word).

(To Everyone)

In any case, I've said my piece on what I think of the topic and the argument is effectively going around in circles. Maybe I'm being ignorant, and if so, I'm sure I'll eventually be swayed towards being happy to see incest couples having children. However, currently, I'm don't see anything wrong with preventing such an occurrence from happening.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ilovecake123
i do not understand why you would want to be an incest. It is obviously disgusted and its resultant in disabled children which is not fair on them.

I honestly doubt people "want" to be in an incestuous relationship, it's not like it's a choice they made, similar to homosexuality.
Original post by eggfriedrice
I honestly doubt people "want" to be in an incestuous relationship, it's not like it's a choice they made, similar to homosexuality.

That it a valid point and ill respect that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
Original post by tazzron
Not extensively, no.

Because it's best to avoid defective children being born. Like I said, they are not completely being prevented from having children of their own individually. For genetically defective people, a complete ban would have to be implemented preventing them from having their own children which I don't agree with.

Not if there is a chance to prevent a defective child being born without denying them a human right (or at least what I consider as a human right).

Well the UN Declaration of Human Rights does not allow you or the State to determine who people can marry, even if you believe it would lead to defective children.

Secondly, there is no certainty that they would have defective children, just a possibility that is quite very low. We all have possibilities of having defective children, theirs is just higher than average.

Thirdly, if as a civilisation, Western civilisation, we practice the ideology of "In the best interest of the child", then your argument of defective people having a right to have a child would be null and void.
Original post by Secretnerd123
My thoughts? Eugh thats plain disgusting and i dont know why it isnt illegal anymore

Why do people get absolutely slaughtered if they ever dare to say this about same-sex relationships?
Original post by LutherVan
You phobia because you don't personally understand the inclination is not really a good grounds of objection in the 21st century.

Most people cannot understand homosexual attraction, especially why a man would want another man being intimate with them, and they find it a horrible horrible thought. They think of someone that is same sex and all they want to do is be friends.

We still find them homophobic, so fear of the lack of familiarity is really not an argument or demonstration of an open-mind.

A lot of people don't understand paedophilia, that doesn't mean it should be approached with 'an open mind'

(nothing against homosexuals, just find incest wrong)
Reply 71
It's called wincest for a reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile
if she's hot, it's ok.
Reply 73
Well it was predicted. This is what they call the slippery slope argument. Where will this end? Legalisation of bestiality?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 74
Firstly.. it's illegal, right?

Yah.. It's morally wrong in 100 different ways.

"It's not normal." this is what people said about homosexuals too though? And now it's totally okay. Hmm! Good discussion!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SuziieB
Well it was predicted. This is what they call the slippery slope argument. Where will this end? Legalisation of bestiality?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Umm...well...an animal cannot consent....so no.
Reply 76
If I was the guy on the right I might give it a try!

Spoiler

Poor man. :frown:
Original post by UK_Menna
Firstly.. it's illegal, right?

Yah.. It's morally wrong in 100 different ways.

"It's not normal." this is what people said about homosexuals too though? And now it's totally okay. Hmm! Good discussion!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, I think as young people, making out or having sex with a cousin is normal, instant friends without having to make the effort and just get on with experimenting. That's the jest I get from it.
Reply 78
Original post by DorianGrayism
Umm...well...an animal cannot consent....so no.

You say that now. Sometime in the distant future, just like we are now making excuses for incest, excuses will also be found for bestiality. And then that begins the downfall of humanity.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by SuziieB
You say that now. Sometime in the distant future, just like we are now making excuses for incest, excuses will also be found for bestiality. And then that begins the downfall of humanity.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol. I was going to reply properly till I read "then that begins the downfall of humanity"

Latest