The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6020
Got a Maths test to revise for on Thursday. We finished the chapter on coordinate geometry today. I think it's safe to say that tangents of circles has completely ****ed with my head.

Everyone doing MEI Maths, where are you all up to? I feel like I'm going so fast (almost too fast...).. We cover a topic a lesson..

Because I have German homework that I have to hand in tomorrow (was meant to be in yesterday but I 'forgot' it, so I'm handing it in tomorrow because I'm helping out with the open day my sixth form college is having) and I'm trying to put it off, I'll try and show you how fast I'm going.

I have 2 Core lessons a week (Thursday and Friday). So far I've had 10 lessons altogether.

Lesson 1: Binomial Expansion
Lesson 2: Binomial Expansion
Lesson 3: Completing The Square
Lesson 4: Completing The Square
Lesson 5: Distance Between Two Points
Lesson 6: Gradient Between Two Points
Lesson 7: Equation Of A Straight Line
Lesson 8: Points Of Intersection
Lesson 9: Equation Of A Circle
Lesson 10: Equation Of A Circle/Tangents Of A Circle

Wayyyyyyyyyyy too fast for me.
Off for a week !! Bet you hate being English just now eh ? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6022
Original post by Bromaldehyde

Posted from TSR Mobile

omg im so envious of you right now..:colonhash:
got higher than everyone else on the biology test when i havent had a lesson yet. textbooks are the way forward my friends
Reply 6024
Original post by Bromaldehyde

Posted from TSR Mobile

Two weeks off...bet you are envious of us tuchtors

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've managed to find work experience today and pass a telephone interview for a job interview in Debenhams!

I'm loving chemistry so much right now! :biggrin:
Original post by Freypops
It is! It's teamwork cooperation and learning new skills

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmmmmm grumble grumble grumble
I've been so tired recently :emo: I can't even be bothered to turn my computer on after school, I just lie in front of the TV (this is a new chapter of my life) :lol:

Ironically, my free periods end up leaving me more fatigued, as I often walk with my friends to get lunch in town. I think this may have made me actually, physically fit :colonhash: I may need to exercise to maintain energy now...
Original post by MangoFreak
I've been so tired recently :emo: I can't even be bothered to turn my computer on after school, I just lie in front of the TV (this is a new chapter of my life) :lol:

Ironically, my free periods end up leaving me more fatigued, as I often walk with my friends to get lunch in town. I think this may have made me actually, physically fit :colonhash: I may need to exercise to maintain energy now...

I've resorted to drinking lucozade otherwise i function like i've ran to china and back with a truck on my back
My stance just gets lower as the day goes on so by the time I get hone I just colapse, like 'im gone. Thats it. Leave me.' For a good hour or 2 aha.

Whats all yous favourite bit about college/6th form/yr 12?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6030
Original post by Glitch96
I always make a neat copy of my Math homework as my methods are always here there and everywhere, I wouldn't know what the heck was going on otherwise! I also started putting all my economics work in one folder and I don't know what sheets go with what teacher/subject and most pages are 3/4 empty, now that I think about it neat copies sound pretty good right about now :tongue:

I know my maths notes in class are very scruffy and I just get confused with all the numbers flying about everywhere:tongue:
Theres a good side to writing them in neat and a bad, I guess it just depends on the person:smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6031
Original post by Katie97
I do usually. In class I find myself rushing & my writing looks messy. I've got OCD and it just can't be put into my folder if it looks messy.

Snap! I have a notepad for each subject:biggrin: do u feel like its a waste of time?:dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thread has been rather quiet :redface:

Original post by Lucas.
x

Higher Level Maths is a reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal bitch. It's ridiculously fast paced.
In about 5 weeks we've covered, in great depth:
Complex Numbers
Logarithms & Exponents
Relations and Functions
Quadratics, Discriminants and Roots
Radian Measure
Bit of Trig
Triangles
Circles (Arcs & Sectors)
Original post by Bude8
Thread has been rather quiet :redface:

Higher Level Maths is a reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal bitch. It's ridiculously fast paced.
In about 5 weeks we've covered, in great depth:
Complex Numbers
Logarithms & Exponents
Relations and Functions
Quadratics, Discriminants and Roots
Radian Measure
Bit of Trig
Triangles
Circles (Arcs & Sectors)

Those are quite easy, but HL is SO intense :O good luck for the rest of it :tongue:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Those are quite easy, but HL is SO intense :O good luck for the rest of it :tongue:

well the easy questions are a bit tricky, but the questions that actually require you to think... :frown:

The worst thing is, no error carried forward marks.

I had a 4 marker about the roots of a quadratic, I got the inequality sign the wrong way around when I got the discriminant, got all the right values but inequality sign wrong = 0/4 marks...
Original post by Bude8
well the easy questions are a bit tricky, but the questions that actually require you to think... :frown:

The worst thing is, no error carried forward marks.

I had a 4 marker about the roots of a quadratic, I got the inequality sign the wrong way around when I got the discriminant, got all the right values but inequality sign wrong = 0/4 marks...

That sucks!

I think that's really unfair actually, especially when it's when you've typed something wrong in the calculator and have actual numbers on page right :redface:
That sucks!

I think that's really unfair actually, especially when it's when you've typed something wrong in the calculator and have actual numbers on page right :redface:

accuracy bro :frown:
Original post by Bude8
accuracy bro :frown:

Not fair when you have fat fingers :tongue:
Not fair when you have fat fingers :tongue:

Not a problem for me :biggrin:
But have you seen the IB calculators? I mean, bricks...

Spoiler

Reply 6039
I got set 9 pieces of physics homework this week. :eek: Seems this weekend will be pretty busy!

Latest