The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sultana
Urgh sometimes the feelings of self-hatred just get so overwhelming. :cry2: dont know how to live with myself.
:console:I bet you have a veritable array of fine qualities...
Original post by -FireFlies-
Oh I am always a burden to people.. The amount of **** I've dumped on people is unbelievable :/
It may feel like that to you, but to the people who care about you it is totally different. They just want to do whatever they can to support you. That's what people who care about us do. They just want to be there for you.

Original post by Sabertooth
Feel so bad. :frown: I'm actually feeling glad my wife has locked me in her office because if I was at home, well, yeah. :frown: I just...**** I don't know. I just want everything to stop I want the spies and agents to leave me the **** alone, but they don't they never will.
Don't know what to say. Except for :console: and hang in there. Try and have faith in those that care and want to protect you.
Original post by los lobos marinos
Don't know what to say. Except for :console: and hang in there. Try and have faith in those that care and want to protect you.

Thanks. Feeling a little less **** now but **** I don't know how I'm going to keep this up.

Did you get your essay draft done?
Did you get your essay draft done?
Yes and no. The essay was done, but something happened and to say I was freaked and disorientated would be an understatement. Cut a long story short, I couldn't leave home due to my state of mind. I emailed the essay instead. Missed a class too. :frown: Means I have to seek the support of the disability office in the campus to ensure the essay is accepted in email format and I hate using them. for anything as it makes me feel different.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by -FireFlies-
Sorry I didn't reply last night! Thanks for the offer.. I will take you up on that at some point :P

I'm just struggling so freaking much.. I put on a happy face and tell everyone 'yeah it's fine.. I'm fine.. Nothing to worry about' etc etc.. But I know it's so not okay.. I just don't know how to tell "them" :/

No problem - feel free to take me up on it anytime :smile:

I understand, in fact my biggest problem is I keep things to myself as opposed to tell those I care about. So I am afraid I can't help much in telling you how to be better. But you can talk to me if you want advice on anything or just to rant - and hopefully it will be easier for you to talk to me as you don't know me personally, but the thread doesn't think I can't be trusted, so you can bounce how you feel / etc off me without it being relayed to anyone - but I know I at least worry about troubling those I know well with how I feel. :hugs:

(I do apologise if that is just a bludge of text!)
Original post by los lobos marinos
Yes and no. The essay was done, but something happened and to say I was freaked and disorientated would be an understatement. Cut a long story short, I couldn't leave home due to my state of mind. I emailed the essay instead. Missed a class too. :frown: Means I have to seek the support of the disability office in the campus to ensure the essay is accepted in email format and I hate using them. for anything as it makes me feel different.

They should accept it by email although yeah you might need the disability office to vouch for you. I can relate to you not wanting to and feeling different but if it was a physical problem then I think everyone would expect you to utilize the disability office, mental should be no different. Sorry to hear you had a bad day, you feeling any better now?
Reply 8526
Still haven't been able to sleep, and also having difficulty trying to start some work, I don't want to let my group down so early
Original post by avhhs
Still haven't been able to sleep, and also having difficulty trying to start some work, I don't want to let my group down so early

If you're not getting any sleep, given the time why not go make a cup of tea, maybe a few biscuits and then come back and try to start the work with a fresh mind? You're just going to frustrate yourself by lying in bed.
Starting uni has both been amazing but has also made me see just how much I dislike myself because everyone in everything is better than me and i have absolutely nothing worth talking about, I don't think i could hate myself any more than i currently do.

People might just say stop comparing yourself to others but how can I be content with being 5000th best at everything I do in my life?
Original post by Willum Infanta
Starting uni has both been amazing but has also made me see just how much I dislike myself because everyone in everything is better than me and i have absolutely nothing worth talking about, I don't think i could hate myself any more than i currently do.

People might just say stop comparing yourself to others but how can I be content with being 5000th best at everything I do in my life?

Sorry to hear you feel that way Willum :hugs:

One way to look at it is there will always be someone better at doing things than you, it sounds harsh but it might also help you accept that. Who cares if you're not the best? If you're striving to do your best thats all that counts. You don't have to be the best in the world. Only a few people in the world can say they are the best in the world at something, should every other person be miserable because they are not? Your goal should be to be the best person you can be!

Besides Willum you're a funny guy and you seemed like a really nice person so chin up :h:
Original post by tasha96
Managed an hour of school, an hour of helping out with a younger class, went food shopping with mum, ate a normal amount of food and now I AM going to manage senior section and interacting with people tonight. :woo:
Bite me depression. :tongue:

Go Tasha! So pleased for you, lovely :hugs:
Original post by Willum Infanta

I'm sorry to hear you're finding it so difficult. I don't know if this will help at all or not but not everyone CAN be the best at something. There aren't enough things for everyone. At Uni especially you will be exposed to people's successes but that is not everything. You are still at such an early stage in your life and you WILL make accomplishments in the rest of your life. It's a harsh wait sometimes and you may not even recognise just what you have achieved for a long time but there will be things, great things.
You will pretty much only be meeting people who have made some sort of achievement at Uni, or that's how it will seem at least. Those who haven't will tend to stay quiet about it while those who have will usually want to be more talkative about it. Just getting into Uni is a huge achievement- tacky line but it's true. So you have already made achievements that others have not just by being there.
It's rough sometimes to hear about everything others are good at, but try not to compare yourself so much and not to let it get you down. Your time will come.
Life is a game of patience. You need alot of it to get by without a scratch and nobody has that much patence but any scratch you get on the way will be wort it once you recognise just what you have achieved.
It may not be something visable like football or maths but it can be equally momentous every time you talk to somebody. You are changing their life by doing that and if you are a good person then each interaction you have with anybody is bettering the world around you in ways you don't even know.

I tend to ramble on a lot but I hope I could help a little. :h:ugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by avhhs
Lots of tears running down my cheeks right now :cry: Thought I'd catch up on this week's episode of Waterloo Road but it has a really sad ending :sad: :cry:

Iv seen spoilers and iv told rory i WILL have to watch it on my own as i know fine well ill be a blubbing mess :bawling:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8533
Original post by ParadoxSocks
I understand. I'm just starting out at the gym again and starting to eat healthily after recovery and remembering how far to go safely is holding me back so much. I am completely unfit and unhealthy and would like to change that but those earlier patterns kicking in makes me so reluctant to change.

Doesn't help that my mum and my mother in law point at photos of me from when I was unwell and say how lovely and thin I was back then because I know how to get to that shape but not in a healthy balanced way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs:
I'm sure you're not terribly unhealthy, could just be feeling a bit uncomfortable with your new body. The way I try to rationalise it is 'Am I having fun doing this? Is it improving my whole life or just perfecting a bubble?'
If the answer's yes I can go, and that makes for moderation :smile:

Sorry to hear they were being so triggering :/ all that matters is you're happy with who you are, not what weight they reckon suited you. And if you prefer being a bit slimmer but still healthy then that's fine too. Just put it all in perspective :smile:

I'm absolutely terrible at stopping my other worries though-need to go back to CBT :redface:
Reply 8534
If you're not getting any sleep, given the time why not go make a cup of tea, maybe a few biscuits and then come back and try to start the work with a fresh mind? You're just going to frustrate yourself by lying in bed.

I was on the computer when I posted that, I thought I'd try and do some work but it didn't happen. And I did have some biscuits, finally opened the pack that was sitting on my desk for 10 days :tongue:

Original post by PonchoKid
Iv seen spoilers and iv told rory i WILL have to watch it on my own as i know fine well ill be a blubbing mess :bawling:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:jumphug: Hope you manage it :smile: I found it incredibly sad what happened
Original post by avhhs
:jumphug: Hope you manage it :smile: I found it incredibly sad what happened

im building myself up to it.
i was a mess when he nearly died, let alone this time :frown:
Eurgh. Everything's been so much worse again since I got back to uni. I was terrified of coming back because I know stress can often play a big role in making my anxiety & depression worse, and it definitely has so far. I've mentioned it to my personal tutor and the welfare tutor and I'm starting counselling again on Monday, but right now I feel so overwhelmed by everything.

I've got a piece of coursework (a 2,500 lab report in the style of a scientific paper which constitutes 40% of the marks of a 20-credit module) to do by the 24th (and I couldn't have started it any earlier because we only finished in the lab on Thursday this week) and I feel like I don't know what I'm doing with it at all, and feeling overwhelmed about it is making me procrastinate more. I keep getting upset about it around my boyfriend who keeps saying that I'll be fine because I'm clever but I don't feel fine or clever. I just feel like I want to give up and go home a lot of the time at the minute, I just feel like I don't want to be here, like I'm not good enough. I'm hoping it's just this piece of work and the time constraint and just not knowing where to start with it that's making me feel bad, because I don't think I could deal with feeling like this all year even though it's nowhere near as bad as I felt last year.

I just keep thinking "why?" - I'm studying at a great university and sitting on a 66% average from last year, I have a family who love me and a wonderful boyfriend who loves me (and who I'll have been with for 2 years next Saturday), yet I feel like giving up a lot of the time. I hate how mental illness can just happen and make you unhappy when you have no reason to be.
really struggling right now for some reason.

cant find any motivation to do my essay, i dont even know HOW to do it :sad:
also have to find motivation to hang the washing out but cant be arsed, currently hiding on an arm chair in the bedroom listening to music in my headphones so im not part of the world :s-smilie:

keep taking my meds late aswell at the moment :frown:

need to also talk to my mum about getting some more, but not sure how to go about it :s-smilie:
Reply 8538
Hey everyone! I'm just checking in :smile:

I hope you're all well and I 100% believe in you all! You may not believe you are, but you're all special in your own way. Don't worry about what others say, try and be the best version of you :h: Keep that faith and take care and I wish you all the best :hugs:
How long should a post be before a thread should be made?

Latest