The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4780
Original post by Blueray2
I make time mother****ers hahah ohh yeah bitches :colone: :cool: *feeling gangsta* :gangster:

(lol above is a joke, sixth form can be evil :tongue:)

YOU WILL NEVER BE A GANGSTA

over and out
Original post by IceKidd
YOU WILL NEVER BE A GANGSTA

over and out

You're right a true don doesn't say he is one. I see you're level of thinking. I get my gangsta bitches to do my bidding for me :colone:
Original post by Blueray2
I make time mother****ers hahah ohh yeah bitches :colone: :cool: *feeling gangsta* :gangster:

(lol above is a joke, sixth form can be evil :tongue:)

:lol:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
can't do that here :tongue:

:tongue: you can't call yourself a sixth former until you've bunked at least 1 day
Original post by mynameisntbobk

:tongue: you can't call yourself a sixth former until you've bunked at least 1 day

Private school remember :wink: I've bunked unnecessary stuff :teeth:

I guess I'm not a sixthformer then

:getmecoat:
Original post by Robbie242

Me neither. :redface:
Private school remember :wink: I've bunked unnecessary stuff :teeth:

Oh yeah haha poor you

Have you never bunked? Maybe I'm the odd one then, I bunk whenever I just cba which is like 1-2 times every term

Have you never bunked? Maybe I'm the odd one then, I bunk whenever I just cba which is like 1-2 times every term

Same here :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
A2's going well for me,thriving in A2 chemistry and doing better than expected in maths and biology.Seriously think i can turn a BCD into an AAB now if i continue working like this :smile:
Could anyone offer any M1 help?

Q) The engine of a van of mass 400kg cuts out when it is moving along a straight horizontal road with speed 16m/s. The van comes to rest without the brakes being applied. Assume the resistive force against the van to be 200N.

a) find how long it takes the van to stop.
b) find how far the van travels before it stops.
c) comment on the suitability of the modelling assumption.

Is this suvat? I'm really confused about a) and b).

Glad I'm not the only one. Sometimes I literally just can't do it, so I won't bother :mmm:
Oh yeah haha poor you

Wait actually now that I think about it I kinda did bunk in the exam season, but I called up ill for 2weeks straight, they didn't give us study leave :mad:
(edited 10 years ago)
Wait actually now that I think about it I kinda did bunk in the exam season, but I called up ill for 2weeks straight, they didn't give us study leave :mad:

That's understandable, how can they not give you study leave? I think I remember you talking about it around that time
Original post by Endless Blue
Could anyone offer any M1 help?

Q) The engine of a van of mass 400kg cuts out when it is moving along a straight horizontal road with speed 16m/s. The van comes to rest without the brakes being applied. Assume the resistive force against the van to be 200N.

a) find how long it takes the van to stop.
b) find how far the van travels before it stops.
c) comment on the suitability of the modelling assumption.

Is this suvat? I'm really confused about a) and b).

Use F = ma to find the acceleration (well, deceleration) and then you can use SUVAT. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4794
Oh yeah haha poor you

I have bunked lessons. My parents wouldn't dare let me bunk school.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by usycool1
Use F = ma to find the acceleration (well, deceleration) and then you can use SUVAT. :smile:

Argh, thanks, that was really simple. I'm stuck on the next question though... :colondollar:

Q) Albert and Bella are standing in a lift. The mass of the lift is 250kg. As the lift moves upward with constant acceleration, the floor of the lift exerts forces of magnitude 678N and 452N respectively on Albert and Bella. The tension in the cable at the which is pulling the lift upwards is 3995N.

a) Find the acceleration of the lift.
b) Find both Albert's and Bella's mass.

I really am clueless on this question. I know it's F=ma but no idea where to go with finding the acceleration, as I can't work out the resultant force :sigh:

I bunked my free periods :lol:
Reply 4797
Managed to visit a few weeks back. Its amazing! :biggrin:

It is :biggrin: CHE/PHA are minutes from where I live :redface:
Original post by Endless Blue
Argh, thanks, that was really simple. I'm stuck on the next question though... :colondollar:

Q) Albert and Bella are standing in a lift. The mass of the lift is 250kg. As the lift moves upward with constant acceleration, the floor of the lift exerts forces of magnitude 678N and 452N respectively on Albert and Bella. The tension in the cable at the which is pulling the lift upwards is 3995N.

a) Find the acceleration of the lift.
b) Find both Albert's and Bella's mass.

I really am clueless on this question. I know it's F=ma but no idea where to go with finding the acceleration, as I can't work out the resultant force :sigh:

Do you have the answers?

F = ma
3995 - 678 - 452 = 250a
Do you have the answers?

F = ma
3995 - 678 - 452 = 250a

Yes. I thought that, but what you've got there is wrong (I had it too). The answer is 1.5ms^-2.

Latest