The Student Room Group

Where to find British Asian MAN??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Me and my sisters are dead against marrying someone who is FOTB. Hard to find aren't they?

Is it worrying as a white guy I know what FOTB is? Or is it a sign of cultural interactions? :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 61
I always think of Chinese or Koreans or Japanese when people say Asians
Reply 62
Original post by Ggmu!
How can anyone hate freshies? Why can't be people just be nice, it's not like they're particularly harmful. Most are timid and just nice people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

When someone says 'freshie', I don't think of people new to this country; they have every much as right as we do to this country. I respect them. What I don't respect is the way some people born in this country act; talking and dressing up like chavs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Occams Chainsaw
I see :lol:

Something still doesn't sit right with me about it. :dontknow:

I know the real reason. Different culture = 90% chance of being more primitive. I'm Algerian, but I would never marry/date an Algerian person who was raised in Algeria because they're more likely than not to be very controlling of their wives/girlfriends in a relationship and have very sexist expectations, unless they were brought up in a country that was more modern. I'm assuming there's something similar with Indian people.

Edit: I think that applies to women too, but much less so because wherever the men are in a position of power, the women are more likely than not to be submissive. In fact for that reason alone, some white British men go to Asian countries to find a wife. I obviously think that's taking advantage of those women, but there's the reason for you. Women from third world countries won't be nearly as obnoxious as their men.

That's why when people come to Britain and complain about how rude/bitchy British women are, all I can think is "good, I guess we're in a better country than wherever they're from".
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Strangey
Is it worrying as a white guy I know what FOTB is? Or is it a sign of cultural interactions? :tongue:

Tiz the latter. Or maybe you're an inverted coconut! :bhangra:
Reply 65
Original post by Dragonfly07
I know the real reason. Different culture = 90% chance of being more primitive. I'm Algerian, but I would never marry/date an Algerian person who was raised in Algeria because they're more likely than not to be very controlling of their wives/girlfriends in a relationship and have very sexist expectations, unless they were brought up in a country that was more modern. I'm assuming there's something similar with Indian people.

Edit: I think that applies to women too, but much less so because wherever the men are in a position of power, the women are more likely than not to be submissive. In fact for that reason alone, some white British men go to Asian countries to find a wife. I obviously think that's taking advantage of those women, but there's the reason for you. Women from third world countries won't be nearly as obnoxious as their men.

That's why when people come to Britain and complain about how rude/bitchy British women are, all I can think is "good, I guess we're in a better country than wherever they're from".

When I went to Delhi, there was definitely a certain 'air' of men thinking they could do what they want -- even today women are blamed for their own rape by lots of Indian people :dontknow:
For that reason, your rationale makes sense. In the same way you girls wouldn't want a controlling man, I wouldn't go to Saudi to find a wife where she would inevitably have been taught that she was the lesser part of the relationship and of society.

Where's the fun in having a partner with no views, anyway? :smile:

Thanks for such an honest answer.
When I went to Delhi, there was definitely a certain 'air' of men thinking they could do what they want -- even today women are blamed for their own rape by lots of Indian people :dontknow:
For that reason, your rationale makes sense. In the same way you girls wouldn't want a controlling man, I wouldn't go to Saudi to find a wife where she would inevitably have been taught that she was the lesser part of the relationship and of society.

Where's the fun in having a partner with no views, anyway? :smile:

Thanks for such an honest answer.

I have been to Saudi. Let me assure you on one thing what you said about Saudi women is very inaccurate. They are strong willed and they can be feisty too. Easily slap up majority British women. There are those who are unbelievably beautiful. I tell you another thing, they can be kinda arrogant.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 67
Original post by tossmyfruitsalad
I have been to Saudi. Let me assure you on one thing what you said about Saudi women is very inaccurate. They are strong willed and they can be feisty too. Easily slap up majority British women. Some of them are unbelievably beautiful. I tell you another thing, they can be kinda arrogant.

I lived in Saudi for 6 months. I appreciate your sentiment but I'm not sure it will change my view :nah:
I lived in Saudi for 6 months. I appreciate your sentiment but I'm not sure it will change my view :nah:

Course you did. That's why you have warped views. I have family there. Don't know which imaginary place you been to. Lesser in society my ass. I'm hearing the opposite from people who are there. 6 months. Haha.
Reply 69
Original post by tossmyfruitsalad
Course you did. That's why you have warped views. I have family there. Don't know which imaginary place you been to. Lesser in society my ass. I'm hearing the opposite from people who are there. 6 months. Haha.

It was honestly long enough. Are your family Islamic, by any chance? I'm sure that would warp a view or two, under the circumstances.

My friend's dad also lives in Saudi Arabia. He's lived there for years for work. He has a very similar view of the culture. We talked a lot about it and how it was different from when I lived in Egypt for a couple of years.

What do you make of male guardians or namus?
Only 17% of Saudi women work. This is because they are taught that their role is the be a house-bound wife who cooks, looks after kids/man and the segregation from other men - which probably stems from over-protective or jealous husbands - means that they hardly ever have contact with anyone apart from their own family. Do you not think that this is wrong and would lead to a Saudi woman feeling that she is innately inferior to her male counterparts? I do. Many academics do.
Out of interest, as a white, british male - why are you so hung up on them being British born and bred?

Not the OP and a guy as well (ofc :biggrin: ) It means you have a similar mindset (ie: A Western one) and also that someone isn't going to pretend to like you for a passport..

I mean personally I wouldnt marry someone from Pakistan because of those two reasons

The Pakistani culture side of it is "Man works. Woman cleans and looks after kids" Which tbh, sounds incredibly boring to me. I mean why would you want a guy who tell you every thing that you HAVE to do, or a wife, that doesn't talk that much

And the crazy amount of superficialness. What annoys me is that people in PK tend to say "If a girl isn't married by 25, there's no hope" I mean how sexist! ? But at the same time, unfortunately it rings true....

Well I wouldnt mind marrying someone from Pakistan, so long as they were sufficiently Westernised

Original post by Tpos
Move to Birmingham.

EDIT:

Oh, mrhedgehog already suggested that lol

I feel people from Bradford aren't very "British" compared to other Asians...just saying.

Hey, I'm from around there. I'm pretty "British" to the extent that my own cousin (tbf, I don't really like him) said that I "act white" How on Earth do you act white lol

Though I do see where you're coming from

Original post by habs10
When someone says 'freshie', I don't think of people new to this country; they have every much as right as we do to this country. I respect them. What I don't respect is the way some people born in this country act; talking and dressing up like chavs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tbqh, some of the "freshies" at my uni are pretty cool
(edited 10 years ago)
My advice
1) when you are on the train , at grocery store , at x place when you see a guy you are interested in MAKE EYE CONTACT and smile. even in the street

2) if it is the street only 10% will approach you, if it is a static setting few smiles will draw the guy to you. else he is taken or he is a pussy.

Indian girls are the most unapproachable people on planet, East asian and EU girls are always friendly.
Reply 72
Original post by de_monies

Hey, I'm from around there. I'm pretty "British" to the extent that my own cousin (tbf, I don't really like him) said that I "act white" How on Earth do you act white lol

Though I do see where you're coming from

lol Well a person can act white but may be you're just less of a bradistani than your cousin :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Tpos
lol Well a person can act white but may be you're just less of a bradistani than your cousin :tongue:

Tbh, I really don't know what that's meant to mean any way :biggrin: And yeah I don't really say "Bradistan" lol. Though Im one of the lucky few who have escaped (to the west midlands lol )
Reply 74
Plenty of asian men in the West Midlands :biggrin:

Although the ones on here are most likely to be 18-23 ish, if you're willing to settle for that!

Or just go dating sites.
Reply 75
what about me? but ... where are your photos?
Reply 76
Oh my gosh, tell me about it!! I can't find any decent ones either and it's so frustrating!!! And I'm definitely NO ONE'S green card/meal ticket!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
start going out to shisha places/ indian spots

and stop holding that bichy face that indian girls seem to have, gets pretty annoying when you smile at someone and they just look away or ignore you
Original post by Ggmu!
She probably means an Indian Hindu rather than Asian. Don't even bother with oriental Asians.

Posted from TSR Mobile

what's wrong with orientals?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
Original post by donutaud15
what's wrong with orientals?

Posted from TSR Mobile

... Nothing

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending