The Student Room Group

I'm Wonderful and I'm Single Society XX

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by lucine.B
Hows your chilled weekend going???

Interesting, i've been doing a lot of self reflection. Just a lot of inner thought. Sometimes I like to reality check myself and just consider what it is to be me. I'm usually so busy i never have time to just sit and think about nothing but my own self and nothing around me.

Sounds weird, I know :tongue: It's probably right between deep meditiation and being high, but it's neither of them and i've never done either :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Ah cool, not going in the car then??? :tongue: How far does she live from you???

Hey, remember I'm always here and totally get what you're going through since we're basically going through the same thing. I guess I hide behind my busy lifestyle so it never shows but deep inside I feel exactly the same. You are worthy of help and I'll help you if you'd like my help :redface: Its definite we both have MDD...how are we going to survive Laura??? I just hope it'll get better and quick. I'll help you through it anyways, we can help each other :h:

Like ten minutes in the car hah. Yeah, I hide behind my homework and just stay in my room. My moms drawn up this whole diet plan and has told me she'll pay me a pound for every pound I lose weight wise...I am so gonna make her regret that offer! So sick of her being absolutely horrible about the way I look. I'm sure she'd prefer me to starve!
I just don't see what will help tbh and I don't know how I'll survive hah. And I know you aren't a sharer, but feel free to hit me up anytime (I hope that's not a sexual phrase).
Reply 382
Original post by lauraaaaa
Yeah, i'm plodding along slowly but surely. Im not good at talking about feelings and cant stand people who constantly talk about how they're feeling. I'll be fine one day, just don't see the point in anything at the moment and in a constantly bad mood.

I think the way i deal with it is i find something that I have a thirst to develop or find out more about and work on it until i feel stable again.

It's previously been either working on getting fitter or researching something outside of school and university that i'm genuinely interested in. I think if you have a goal in mind it keeps you working towards something tangible and gives you a reason to get up the next day.
Original post by james1211
Interesting, i've been doing a lot of self reflection. Just a lot of inner thought. Sometimes I like to reality check myself and just consider what it is to be me. I'm usually so busy i never have time to just sit and think about nothing but my own self and nothing around me.

Sounds weird, I know :tongue: It's probably right between deep meditation and being high, but it's neither of them and i've never done either :tongue:

Ah right, I totally get you, makes so much sense! Thing is when I'm alone and not busy I just contemplate on past moments in m life nothing more, I'm not a big thinker but I tend to think before I do. So basically you know when you read an extremely narrative person in a book, well i can't think that much unless there's a certain situation I must contemplate about otherwise I just look like I'm in deep thought but if anything I'm probably writing a song, or singing one in my head or just fixated on an object haha.

Hahahahaha :laugh: :rofl2: :lol:
None of those situations actually came to mind! But haha, you certainly put a smile on my face :smile:
Reply 384
Ah right, I totally get you, makes so much sense! Thing is when I'm alone and not busy I just contemplate on past moments in m life nothing more, I'm not a big thinker but I tend to think before I do. So basically you know when you read an extremely narrative person in a book, well i can't think that much unless there's a certain situation I must contemplate about otherwise I just look like I'm in deep thought but if anything I'm probably writing a song, or singing one in my head or just fixated on an object haha.

Hahahahaha :laugh: :rofl2: :lol:
None of those situations actually came to mind! But haha, you certainly put a smile on my face :smile:

I think sometimes I think too deeply, i become obsessed by trying to understand things as opposed to being creative and singing along in my head or daydreaming about a particular thing that has happened in a memory or something.

Hahaha, well glad i made you smile :biggrin::colondollar:
I think the way i deal with it is i find something that I have a thirst to develop or find out more about and work on it until i feel stable again.

It's previously been either working on getting fitter or researching something outside of school and university that i'm genuinely interested in. I think if you have a goal in mind it keeps you working towards something tangible and gives you a reason to get up the next day.

I'm trying, i'm trying. If I just keep myself thrown into my work then I'll be fine!
Yeah its in the top 50 uni's in the world! I'm thinking about it but keeping my options open :smile: Cool, ah right. Mmm, it seems pretty good and again its one of the best uni's in the world! real good esp. for science & engineering! I'm looking at the Rockhampton campus as that seems lovely and very me (that's if I go to CQ). I was looking at South Wales uni but not so sure anymore. Thanks, I hope so too :smile:

Hehe, New South Wales :P
I live in New South Wales, but right at the top, near Queensland. I've never been to Rockhampton but it sounds very nice!
After witnessing another petty argument between my Mum and sister, I am quite...annoyed. I feel like even the smallest thing will send me into a rage :frown:
Reply 388
Hey fellow lonely people :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey! I'm new :smile: Little intro is I'm a first year engineering student at Aston Uni :smile: How's everyone tonight? :smile:
I think sometimes I think too deeply, i become obsessed by trying to understand things as opposed to being creative and singing along in my head or daydreaming about a particular thing that has happened in a memory or something.

Hahaha, well glad i made you smile :biggrin::colondollar:

Ah right. I think I do try to understand things but usually that comes to me naturally, I naturally understand subtext and what not. But that's not to say that I don't ever think about anything, like i said certain situations require deep thought. Cool, I'm a just an all round creative person so can't really help it haha. I'm such a day dreamer guilty as charged :colondollar: my mind just tends to drift :redface: needless to say it can usually turn out negative since I think very little of myself etc. etc. etc basically how Laura is feeling.

Haha, thanks :hugs: :smile:
Reply 391
Original post by DashingHero
Hey! I'm new :smile: Little intro is I'm a first year engineering student at Aston Uni :smile: How's everyone tonight? :smile:

Evening buddy, and welcome. It's going good. How are you?
Original post by DivinityA
After witnessing another petty argument between my Mum and sister, I am quite...annoyed. I feel like even the smallest thing will send me into a rage :frown:

:console:
Original post by Hummi_C

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello :smile: I'm not sure, are you new?

Hello and welcome to the thread :h: Long time no see :biggrin:
Original post by Clementine101
Hehe, New South Wales :P
I live in New South Wales, but right at the top, near Queensland. I've never been to Rockhampton but it sounds very nice!

Yep haha! :tongue:
Oh cool, right oh I see, nice! Queensland looks beaut haha :h:
Yeah it really does, it looks amazing too so will defo have to apply lol.

Original post by DivinityA

Wow. I'm constantly arguing with my mom, thank god most of my older siblings have moved out (except one...)
I think you'll be fine, maybe its stress or something??? Don't worry about it to much unless you start lashing out at someone for some unknown reason otherwise its okay to get angry from time-to-time, you may just have some unresolved problems/feelings...not too sure.

Hey! Welcome! :h: I'm lucine. How are you???
Thats real cool, what kind of engineering??? I'm alright thanks, getting ready to go to a rave but yeah I'm good :smile:
Original post by Hummi_C

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hiya! Welcome! :h: I'm lucine, how are you???
Reply 396
Hiya! Welcome! :h: I'm lucine, how are you???

Original post by incipientT

Hello :smile: I'm not sure, are you new?

Helloo :3 nice to meet you, I'm Hum and yesh I'm new! I'm good thanks, how're you guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hummi_C
Helloo :3 nice to meet you, I'm Hum and yesh I'm new! I'm good thanks, how're you guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, in that case Welcome to the thread :h:

I'm good thanks :biggrin: Haven't been up to much lately though.
Original post by lauraaaaa
Like ten minutes in the car hah. Yeah, I hide behind my homework and just stay in my room. My moms drawn up this whole diet plan and has told me she'll pay me a pound for every pound I lose weight wise...I am so gonna make her regret that offer! So sick of her being absolutely horrible about the way I look. I'm sure she'd prefer me to starve!
I just don't see what will help tbh and I don't know how I'll survive hah. And I know you aren't a sharer, but feel free to hit me up anytime (I hope that's not a sexual phrase).

Ah right cool. Same, its all I can do tbh. Aww, dw about it you're stressed and we're both going through some right and utter s*** right now! You carry on living as you are, you'll soon be fine :smile: I take it she doesn't know about what you're going through???
My mom used to be like that and I told her where to shove it (we have a crap relationship). I get so angry at my family for the littlest thing but I have an incredible amount of patience for my friends... definite sign of MDD its scaring me even more...ah well gotta get on with it. Music is my only lifeline, always has been gonna need it now more than ever (something I didn't think I'd say after all I've been through already).
I used to starve myself & purge (well I still do...).
Talking??? Feeling normal??? Knowing you're not alone??? I dunno, I'm not expert.
I'll try but I doubt that'll happen but thank you soo very much I do appreciate it! :hugs: And likewise, I'm here for ya whenever you need me!!! :smile:
Haha it can be, but then it depends on the context...can just mean come see me/ meet me/ search for me (on fb for example) etc. haha
Original post by Hummi_C

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought you were gonna rap there :biggrin:
Cool, I'm alright just coping haha which is all I can do I guess :smile:
What you up to??? Oh are you a student???

Quick Reply

Latest