The Student Room Group

Medicine 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 840
I have a UCAS application question for you.

Q1- When you fill in the A-Levels grade under education in UCAS form, i mainly get two choices:-

Either to choose GCE Advanced Subsidiary (first award 2001) and then I can fill in my AS level grades in, including 3 modules each subject. ( given that i do not need to show that what A2 levels I am doing and only teacher will put the predicted grades in reference)

Or to choose GCE Advanced Level which comes with 6 modules per subject in which I can put 3 grades (for each module from AS) and put 'pending' for other 3 modules (A2 modules)

I personally think i should do both. Put AS grades in, then again put full a level as 3 modules done and 3 modules pending.

What do you say about that ?
Original post by FreyaCat
Hi, how quickly did anyone get conformation from the universities to say they had received their application?

I heard from Kings the next day, Warwick about a week later and Soton sent me a little "Thank You" card in the post which was sweet. Nothing from QMUL yet. X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 842
Original post by Pittawithcheese
I heard from Kings the next day, Warwick about a week later and Soton sent me a little "Thank You" card in the post which was sweet. Nothing from QMUL yet. X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay thanks, I sent mine off at the beginning of the week and haven't heard anything, but others heard back straight away...
I expect it's probably because they will be inundated this close to the deadline. Have you had acknowledgement from UCAS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 844
hi guys, does anyone know if it puts me at a disadvantage that i still haven't sent off my application to ucas?
well i have sent it off but its waiting for approval from my referee (my head of year)...
thanks
Reply 845
Original post by Pittawithcheese
I expect it's probably because they will be inundated this close to the deadline. Have you had acknowledgement from UCAS?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I haven't heard anything, should I have?
Reply 846
guys does anyone know what time on monday the application closes? my flipping reference is still in progress! quite worried my supervisor hasn't checked his mail! :/
Original post by nana96
hi guys, does anyone know if it puts me at a disadvantage that i still haven't sent off my application to ucas?
well i have sent it off but its waiting for approval from my referee (my head of year)...
thanks

No it won't. The medical schools won't even start looking at applications until after the deadline (apart from sending acknowledgments), some won't start until UKCAT/BMAT results are sent to them. Just make sure you don't miss the deadline.
Original post by kchop
guys does anyone know what time on monday the application closes? my flipping reference is still in progress! quite worried my supervisor hasn't checked his mail! :/

At midnight. So you need to send it by 23:59.
Reply 849
guys a quick question !!

can you choose dentistry s a fifth choice while applying for med ??

what are the chances of getting in ??
Reply 850
Original post by Shiam
guys a quick question !!

can you choose dentistry s a fifth choice while applying for med ??

what are the chances of getting in ??

No, you can only apply for four medicine/dentistry/veterinary courses. :smile::smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 851
anyone applying to sheffield medical school? I have an important question!
Original post by Shiam
I have a UCAS application question for you.

Q1- When you fill in the A-Levels grade under education in UCAS form, i mainly get two choices:-

Either to choose GCE Advanced Subsidiary (first award 2001) and then I can fill in my AS level grades in, including 3 modules each subject. ( given that i do not need to show that what A2 levels I am doing and only teacher will put the predicted grades in reference)

Or to choose GCE Advanced Level which comes with 6 modules per subject in which I can put 3 grades (for each module from AS) and put 'pending' for other 3 modules (A2 modules)

I personally think i should do both. Put AS grades in, then again put full a level as 3 modules done and 3 modules pending.

What do you say about that ?

i did both

Original post by FreyaCat
Hi, how quickly did anyone get conformation from the universities to say they had received their application?

i got one from hyms the next day. nothing from the other medical schools yet :/
Reply 853
Agh only been a couple of days and the wait for hearing from the unis is killing me!! :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hummi_C
Agh only been a couple of days and the wait for hearing from the unis is killing me!! :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too! :eek:
Reply 855
Original post by The Enlightment
Me too! :eek:

Quick, we must distract ourselves! :holmes: What unis did you apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by manupalace
No it won't. The medical schools won't even start looking at applications until after the deadline (apart from sending acknowledgments), some won't start until UKCAT/BMAT results are sent to them. Just make sure you don't miss the deadline.

Not actually true, I know for a fact that the first batch of PSs has already been sent out for review here.
Reply 857
Hi guys! Good luck on your applications! I'm a prospective applicant for 2015, and I wondered if you could tell me some things.. So, what advice would you give to me about AS levels? When should I start revising for them? What would you have done differently if you could do them again? I want to make sure I get the best results possible to stand a good chance for med school! All the best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hummi_C
Quick, we must distract ourselves! :holmes: What unis did you apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, yes. Not to mention I feel like I have a million things to do. :redface:
I applied to Edinburgh, Oxford, Aberdeen and ICL.
And you? :smile:
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Not actually true, I know for a fact that the first batch of PSs has already been sent out for review here.

Really? Interesting? But surely still no advantage to sending it off early (apart from the reduced stress)?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending