The Student Room Group

Keep messing up with women

1) A girl I like messaged me early hours last night, asking me where I was and wanted to meet her.

I declined, played with the idea a bit, said to her only if she had ideas, then she told me where she was. Eventually I bottled it and told her I would check out the pub she wanted to go to when sober.

Basically I befriended the bar tender, and was getting free drinks all night.

I am now thinking I totally messed up. As I like this one.

2) Had a woman approach me last week, she asked me where I had been, playing with her hair etc as I was talking to her.

I ended up boring her to hell, she ended convo and walked off.

3) Another girl, rich and hot, ended up asking me for my number. I stupidly didn't ask for hers, so never got the chance to pursue things.

AND of course,

I do get my fair share of rejections. Like every guy. Can't win them all.

Help.
Reply 1
Hey, 3 women approached you in the last what? 2 weeks? You can still message the first girl and ask to meet up, say you were feeling a bit crap the other night. Just because a conversation didn't go amazing you can still talk to the 2nd girl, and shame about the 3rd but if you'll never see her again not much you can do. Just because everything didn't go 100% perfectly doesn't mean you mess everything up.
Reply 2
Original post by Orthonym
Hey, 3 women approached you in the last what? 2 weeks? You can still message the first girl and ask to meet up, say you were feeling a bit crap the other night. Just because a conversation didn't go amazing you can still talk to the 2nd girl, and shame about the 3rd but if you'll never see her again not much you can do. Just because everything didn't go 100% perfectly doesn't mean you mess everything up.

Yeah - tbh I get rejected a lot too. Like I had one play a stupid game last night and then tell me I wasn't her type.:colondollar:

I'm not over my ex - have trust issues so that isn't helping. Should I wait for a reply from the first girl, I really hate chasing girls as I don't want to be strung along.
Original post by Anonymous
1) A girl I like messaged me early hours last night, asking me where I was and wanted to meet her.

I declined, played with the idea a bit, said to her only if she had ideas, then she told me where she was. Eventually I bottled it and told her I would check out the pub she wanted to go to when sober.

Basically I befriended the bar tender, and was getting free drinks all night.

I am now thinking I totally messed up. As I like this one.

2) Had a woman approach me last week, she asked me where I had been, playing with her hair etc as I was talking to her.

I ended up boring her to hell, she ended convo and walked off.

3) Another girl, rich and hot, ended up asking me for my number. I stupidly didn't ask for hers, so never got the chance to pursue things.

AND of course,

I do get my fair share of rejections. Like every guy. Can't win them all.

Help.

Dude, come on. She put herself on a plate and you turned her down. That's brutal
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah - tbh I get rejected a lot too. Like I had one play a stupid game last night and then tell me I wasn't her type.:colondollar:

I'm not over my ex - have trust issues so that isn't helping. Should I wait for a reply from the first girl, I really hate chasing girls as I don't want to be strung along.

Well despite some rejecting you, they obviously do see you as a potential partner unlike some guys who complain about being "friendzoned" so you must be doing something right. It sounds like you do get a lot of female attention even if it doesn't work out with them.

You really didn't ruin it with the first girl at all, just let her know that you weren't up for meeting up that night, but you definitely do want to meet up some time and then ask her out :smile: She won't hate you just because 1 night you weren't feeling like meeting up. I'm sure she has nights where she would rather just stay in as well.
Reply 5
Original post by 9MmBulletz
Dude, come on. She put herself on a plate and you turned her down. That's brutal

I feel bad man. Cos I find the first girl interesting. But she kept going hot and cold on me, so last night took me by surprise.

It's funny because I got so drunk, met a random tourist later on that night and pushed her bag to the tube station. Remember doing bicep curls with it and other crazy stuff. Thought it was funny at the time. So did she.

Told my mate today, he was like you idiot!
Reply 6
Original post by Orthonym
Well despite some rejecting you, they obviously do see you as a potential partner unlike some guys who complain about being "friendzoned" so you must be doing something right. It sounds like you do get a lot of female attention even if it doesn't work out with them.

You really didn't ruin it with the first girl at all, just let her know that you weren't up for meeting up that night, but you definitely do want to meet up some time and then ask her out :smile: She won't hate you just because 1 night you weren't feeling like meeting up. I'm sure she has nights where she would rather just stay in as well.

I've been single for basically 3 years.

Don't have a lot of female mates either, it's very black and white with girls. Either they show extreme interest or none at all.

I wish I got more female attention tbh, I guess with this girl I was worried that I would get the cab to see her and she would reject me after seeing me again in person.
Serenade them. It never fails.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending