The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Wow, her eyes are so blue in that picture. So intensely blue.

Wow, why was this worth a neg?
(edited 10 years ago)
Paprika (2006) is a masterpiece. But it took me some time to appreciate it and brand it as one. It's a concoction of "bizarre, fanciful, interesting and ingenious" all served in one cocktail. It certainly gives Nolan's Inception a run for its money.

I should be seeing Blue Jasmine sometime in the immediate future. The trailer looks great and the cast look great. This will be the first film directed by Woody Allen I see.

I saw the trailer of Gravity and it really does look like Apollo 13 on steroids. Exciting stuff.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8862
Today I saw Concussion. Had been hearing a lot of buzz about it and wanted to see if it was more than just a 'lesbian movie'.

http://ohthatfilmblog.wordpress.com/2013/10/07/concussion-age-old-theme-new-age-protaganists/
Oh!

Finally got Before Midnight. Can't wait for the weekend to watch it :smile:
Reply 8865

Great post, have followed your blog. :h:

Did a similar thing on my blog a while back, my top ten childhood films. http://ohthatfilmblog.wordpress.com/2013/02/26/top-ten-childhood-films/
Reply 8866
Saw Prisoners today. A good thriller, had me anxious in all the right places but did have a few problems that stopped it from being really great.

Thoughts! http://ohthatfilmblog.wordpress.com/2013/10/09/prisoners/
Original post by aja89
Saw Prisoners today. A good thriller, had me anxious in all the right places but did have a few problems that stopped it from being really great.

oh! Good review, will put that on my to watch list :smile:
Original post by aja89
Great post, have followed your blog. :h:

Did a similar thing on my blog a while back, my top ten childhood films. http://ohthatfilmblog.wordpress.com/2013/02/26/top-ten-childhood-films/

I saw your blog, it's really nice that you spent time writing these reviews :smile:

All of the films you chose were made even before I was born but I've still watched some of them
Original post by aja89

Totally agree. I loved it. Amazing film, loved every moment. Although there was a massive giveaway with the *SPOILER*

Maze on the dead guy.
Reply 8870
Watched Jobs. Hated it. Contrived structure, poor acting, superfluous and confused editing, ineffective dialogues, and the whole thing played out like a two-hour advert for Apple. Possibly the worst film I'll watch this year (and I watched most of The Hangover 3 earlier this year).

Original post by joecotterill
Totally agree. I loved it. Amazing film, loved every moment. Although there was a massive giveaway with the *SPOILER*

Spoiler tags: [NOPARSE]

Spoiler

[/NOPARSE]

(This will get you:

Spoiler

)
Original post by Abiraleft
Watched Jobs. Hated it. Contrived structure, poor acting, superfluous and confused editing, ineffective dialogues, and the whole thing played out like a two-hour advert for Apple. Possibly the worst film I'll watch this year (and I watched most of The Hangover 3 earlier this year).

Spoiler

[/NOPARSE]

(This will get you:

Spoiler

)

Man, I thought Hangover 3 wasn't bad. It was a lot better than 2, which was just a stupid copy of 1.

Spoiler

[/NOPARSE]

(This will get you:

Spoiler

)

Thank you! Didn't know if it would work on here!
Reply 8873
Original post by danny111
Man, I thought Hangover 3 wasn't bad. It was a lot better than 2, which was just a stupid copy of 1.

To confirm, is the second one the one where they go to Bangkok? (Because that's the one I watched; clearly, I was paying a lot of attention and did a substantial amount of research on it afterwards :p:)

Original post by joecotterill
Thank you! Didn't know if it would work on here!

No worries. :h:
To confirm, is the second one the one where they go to Bangkok? (Because that's the one I watched; clearly, I was paying a lot of attention and did a substantial amount of research on it afterwards :p:)

No worries. :h:

Yea Bangkok is 2. Which might have been okay had you not seen 1. But if you did it was just silly.
Reply 8875
Original post by tazzron
Watched 'Prisoners' recently and it's honestly one of the best films I've seen of it genre if not ever. But that's partly because I love detective related films (Se7en, Gone Baby Gone and Zodiac to name a few). It's very realistic in terms of how people react to certain situations (which you can't say for many movies nowadays), emotional and there's so many suspenseful and shocking scenes. The acting is excellent as well, especially Hugh Jackman and Jake GyllenhaaI. I would compare it to 'Gone Baby Gone' and people say it's a mixture between that and 'Ransom' which I've not seen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have not seen it yet but really want to. I wouldn't say Ransom's as good as Gone Baby Gone. Ransom is.....decent. You might want to check out Mystic River. Same genre.
Original post by silent ninja
Midnight in Paris

Charming little movie. I've never really watched Woody Allen movies before. Enjoyable, well written. I'd recommend it. 8/10

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah. I love that film. Adrian Brody was so obsessed with Rhinos in that film lol. He only came in for a bit but I loved his cameo.

Woody Allen has made so many films. He's got so much creativity. Not a big fan of his old films. His only other film that I liked was Match Point.

Was it as bad as they say it is lol?
Reply 8879
Original post by mali167
Was it as bad as they say it is lol?

Absolutely. :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest