The Student Room Group

The TSR Musicians' Society

Scroll to see replies

Hey! Can't believe I didn't see this society before haha...or maybe I did XD
Anyways I'm a musician, play quite a few instruments to a high standard with my strongest instruments probably being Piano, The Voice & Trombone.
I play pretty much all genres since I love pretty much all genres haha :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by HJ M
That's cool, what type of things do you play???

any really, one's miss gives us and then one's my friends chooses we play in a group most of the time

And then we also perform in assembly which is a little scary but fun also
gained more confidence out of it and now I want to do performances :biggrin:
Original post by lucine.B
Anyways I'm a musician, play quite a few instruments to a high standard with my strongest instruments probably being Piano, The Voice & Trombone.

That's great, welcome to the musicians society! :biggrin:
Original post by AMYC1999
That's great, welcome to the musicians society! :biggrin:

Thank you very much! :biggrin:
Violin! Working on grade 8 ... might take a few more years even though I have all the pieces!
Original post by lucine.B

A Trombonist! Hallelujah! I was beginning to think they were an endangered species. Always the hardest section to fill in a big band or concert band, let alone finding soloists. Are you in much demand? What kind of stuff do you play?
Any serious recorder players here? I also play violin, oboe (although I haven't played it recently) and piano (not very well, my main one's are violin and recorder) :smile:
Original post by Fingersmith
A Trombonist! Hallelujah! I was beginning to think they were an endangered species. Always the hardest section to fill in a big band or concert band, let alone finding soloists. Are you in much demand? What kind of stuff do you play?

Hahaha! Nope we're just in long term hibernation :lol:
Yeah it really is though in my school not so much, there's quite a few of us. Oh yeah soloists are definitely hard to find! 'Much demand'??? As in am I often being asked to play??? Um..not really in school and at a music school where I started learning I sometimes play. I'm classically trained but started playing jazz a few years ago :smile: I'm trying to expand because I'm love pretty much every genre of music so to be able to play as many genres as possible would be great haha.

Original post by Zaphod77
Any serious recorder players here? I also play violin, oboe (although I haven't played it recently) and piano (not very well, my main one's are violin and recorder) :smile:

I play violin and little oboe :smile: Though I'm better at the Bassoon (still learning though).
Original post by Agrippina
I play the flute, viola and piano. Attached is a pic of my lovely viola, Hector, who was made in 1895 in Germany! :biggrin:

I've named my violin too! She's called Ffion, and was also made in Germany in 1895.
Original post by gwen.james
I've named my violin too! She's called Ffion, and was also made in Germany in 1895.

Named both the cellos I've had. The one I had in primary was called bubbles and my current one is called T.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2130
I used to play the flute but mine was rented from the music academy and I had to give it back once I quit flute lessons in there :frown: Switched to electric guitar but I guess I can still belong to this society 'cause I play classical guitar and a bit of piano, too
Original post by izzeeh
I used to play the flute but mine was rented from the music academy and I had to give it back once I quit flute lessons in there :frown: Switched to electric guitar but I guess I can still belong to this society 'cause I play classical guitar and a bit of piano, too

Nothing wrong with electric guitar :biggrin:
Reply 2133
hey i am a violinist and flutist, just sat both at grade 8 a few weeks ago, still waiting for results. I have played violin for 8 years and flute for 4 years and my favourite genres to play are classical and baroque and in particular Bach. Currently giving flute a break as I want to focus on violin and learn the full bach e major concerto (played 3rd movement in grade 8).
Original post by oscan
hey i am a violinist and flutist, just sat both at grade 8 a few weeks ago, still waiting for results. I have played violin for 8 years and flute for 4 years and my favourite genres to play are classical and baroque and in particular Bach. Currently giving flute a break as I want to focus on violin and learn the full bach e major concerto (played 3rd movement in grade 8).

i did my grade 8 violin a couple of months ago! what pieces did you do (other than the 3rd movt. of the bach concerto)? :biggrin:
Reply 2135
Original post by Fingersmith

Well that was absolutely awesome! It like showcases all the possibilities of the electric guitar as a "classical" instrument (the ability to get many different sounds, wide range of available octaves, the easiness of playing fast etc.) while keeping it totally beautiful. Now I'm impressed. And now I feel like a bad guitarist too :biggrin: Thanks for showing me this!

Quick Reply

Latest