The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6060
Original post by techno836
^^ Caught me whilst i was on :wink: i've added you both :h:

Original post by NinjaPandaa
anyone do the ALIS tests with their school to work out A2 predictions?

Yeah that sound reliable :colonhash:

Original post by techno836
^^ Caught me whilst i was on :wink: i've added you both :h:

Hey hey add me :tongue:

Maths: OCR
Chemistry: OCR A
Physics: AQA A
Psychology: AQA A
Latin: OCR
Creative Writing: AQA :awesome:
Original post by MangoFreak
Yeah that sound reliable :colonhash:

Hey hey add me :tongue:

Maths: OCR
Chemistry: OCR A
Physics: AQA A
Psychology: AQA A
Latin: OCR
Creative Writing: AQA :awesome:

Creative writing? What *******s :tongue:

Psychology? Your choices are strange :wink:

Snap for chem though :biggrin:
Original post by L'Evil Fish

I see that you are, as ever, so very reasonable in your opinions :h:

Nothing wrong with psychology :unimpressed:
I see that you are, as ever, so very reasonable in your opinions :h:

:mmm: psychology is actually decent when it's not memorizing case studies.

But seriously.... Creative writing? That can't be equivalent to AS?
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Nothing wrong with psychology :unimpressed:

I know there isn't, it's actually quite interesting. I just thought psychology, Latin and creative writing were a really strange combination :tongue:

Wait! That's a lot of "A Levels"
:mmm: psychology is actually decent when it's not memorizing case studies.

But seriously.... Creative writing? That can't be equivalent to AS?

It's not like I'm taking it for the qualification :lolwut: Nobody is taking it because it's a "good" A-Level. It's similar to the EPQ (which is AS-equivalent, not that means anything really), in a way. I don't actually go to the lessons, as I have an extra Further Maths lesson in that period.

I like the case studies in Psychology; they're interesting :tongue:
I know there isn't, it's actually quite interesting. I just thought psychology, Latin and creative writing were a really strange combination :tongue:

OOOOOOOOH WELL, I didn't realise that my A Levels had to check out on your "normality scale" :colonhash: :lol:

I apologise for being broad in my interests :pierre:
It's not like I'm taking it for the qualification :lolwut: Nobody is taking it because it's a "good" A-Level. It's similar to the EPQ (which is AS-equivalent, not that means anything really), in a way. I don't actually go to the lessons, as I have an extra Further Maths lesson in that period.

I like the case studies in Psychology; they're interesting :tongue:

Creative writing though... Next there'll be a "South Africa" qualification or something, they narrow them down so much that they're pointless.

They're really sad!:lol:
OOOOOOOOH WELL, I didn't realise that my A Levels had to check out on your "normality scale" :colonhash: :lol:

I apologise for being broad in my interests :pierre:

It's okay, you'll conform one day :tongue:

So maths, f.maths, chem, physics, Latin, creative writing and psychology?

How did they have enough for Latin and not German?
Creative writing though... Next there'll be a "South Africa" qualification or something, they narrow them down so much that they're pointless.

They're really sad!:lol:

Oh yeah they're ****ing upsetting, but they're interesting :tongue:

That's an incredibly, well, wrong view to take of the subject. It's hardly narrowed down. If anything it's a way for me to do the parts of English I like, without the ****.
It's okay, you'll conform one day :tongue:

So maths, f.maths, chem, physics, Latin, creative writing and psychology?

How did they have enough for Latin and not German?

Latin's not officially a subject offered by the school, my Latin teacher is just awesome :ahee: We do it after school on Mondays and at Thursday lunchtimes.

Plus, there was all of 1 person wanting to do German (moi), while there are 3 of us in Latin (that's 200% more than German! :mmm:).
Oh yeah they're ****ing upsetting, but they're interesting :tongue:

That's an incredibly, well, wrong view to take of the subject. It's hardly narrowed down. If anything it's a way for me to do the parts of English I like, without the ****.

I'd get too upset all the time :colondollar:

But it's the part of English that's useless (less useful) unless you want to be an author or something. I mean don't get me wrong I loved to write stories and descriptions and ****, but it's a silly qualification to have.

Actually it's good it exists. Then they should remove it from English and have both the English A Levels respected :wink:

(In case you've not gathered. I'm trying to grate on you :tongue:)
Latin's not officially a subject offered by the school, my Latin teacher is just awesome :ahee: We do it after school on Mondays and at Thursday lunchtimes.

Plus, there was all of 1 person wanting to do German (moi), while there are 3 of us in Latin (that's 200% more than German! :mmm:).

I see!

What's the difference between Classics and Latin?

I was joking haha. Its so much work tbh, not worth it
Original post by mynameisntbobk
I was joking haha. Its so much work tbh, not worth it

I'm not, I think it is quite interesting. But it should be called the memory a level :tongue: a qualification which would be a measure of how well you retain information
I see!

What's the difference between Classics and Latin?

Well, you don't learn Latin in Classics, for one thing :mmm: :lol:

I'd get too upset all the time :colondollar:

But it's the part of English that's useless (less useful) unless you want to be an author or something. I mean don't get me wrong I loved to write stories and descriptions and ****, but it's a silly qualification to have.

Actually it's good it exists. Then they should remove it from English and have both the English A Levels respected :wink:

(In case you've not gathered. I'm trying to grate on you :tongue:)

YOU SO HILARIOUS HAHAHAHAHAHA

I do the same thing to my friend regarding his doing Music Technology :mmm: (he's perfectly fine with it, so am I, he wants to do it, although he does want to apply to Cambridge, so he's expecting to have to retake a year or two to get subjects that are actually liked)
I'm not, I think it is quite interesting. But it should be called the memory a level :tongue: a qualification which would be a measure of how well you retain information

Well AS is hardly interesting, there's a few bits here and there though. That's exactly what it is at A2, which is what actually makes it hard
Well, you don't learn Latin in Classics, for one thing :mmm: :lol:

YOU SO HILARIOUS HAHAHAHAHAHA

I do the same thing to my friend regarding his doing Music Technology :mmm: (he's perfectly fine with it, so am I, he wants to do it, although he does want to apply to Cambridge, so he's expecting to have to retake a year or two to get subjects that are actually liked)

Oh :lol: they seem such random a levels, I mean can you speak Latin? If so, what does that do for you?

I know I am :wink:

What else is he doing?

Latest