The Student Room Group

Archaeology/Anthropology 2014 Applicants

Anyone else applying for any of these areas? :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I am! Am still working on my PS, it is a nightmare, just want to get it right! Also, because I am doing an on-line A level, I am not sure how to get hold of a reference, it is proving to be more difficult than I initially thought! You sent off yours? :smile:
Original post by MariaKaehne
I am! Am still working on my PS, it is a nightmare, just want to get it right! Also, because I am doing an on-line A level, I am not sure how to get hold of a reference, it is proving to be more difficult than I initially thought! You sent off yours? :smile:

Yay, I'm not alone! :tongue: I know what you mean :redface: ooh that does sound quite difficult? I hope you get it sorted soon! I have done :smile:

Where are you applying to, and for which course(s)? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I've applied for Anthropology at UCL Bristol Brunel Kent and Manchester. What about you?
Original post by colle009
I've applied for Anthropology at UCL Bristol Brunel Kent and Manchester. What about you?

Sounds great :smile:

I've applied for Biological Anthropology at Durham and Kent, Evolutionary Anthropology at Liverpool, BSc Anthropology at Exeter, and Bioarchaeology at York! (Got an offer for that) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Lucy96
Sounds great :smile:

I've applied for Biological Anthropology at Durham and Kent, Evolutionary Anthropology at Liverpool, BSc Anthropology at Exeter, and Bioarchaeology at York! (Got an offer for that) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only Kent that's similar then! Have you had an offer from them? I had one on Tuesday. The department looks so good there I'm just not sure on location.
Only Kent that's similar then! Have you had an offer from them? I had one on Tuesday. The department looks so good there I'm just not sure on location.

Yeah! And I haven't :tongue: congratulations! When did you send your application? I agree. Don't think Kent will be my firm or insurance if I get the offer, but I guess my mind could change :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Lucy96
Yeah! And I haven't :tongue: congratulations! When did you send your application? I agree. Don't think Kent will be my firm or insurance if I get the offer, but I guess my mind could change :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sent mine on the 11th, slightly different course though! Yeah me too just depends if I get any more offers! UCL would be my top but you have to do an interview, an essay and all sorts so it depends on a lot!
I sent mine on the 11th, slightly different course though! Yeah me too just depends if I get any more offers! UCL would be my top but you have to do an interview, an essay and all sorts so it depends on a lot!

Ah mine was only processed on the 18th so I'm not as worried now :tongue: true! Ah yeah, it'd be amazing :smile: sounds stressful :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am not sure what my final decisions are yet! Considering Archaeology and anthropology at Manchester, Exeter, Bournemouth and UCL and perhaps Ancient History and Archaeology at Manchester!! But gotta sort my reference first! If anyone has any tips it would be greatly appreciated! :smile:
Original post by MariaKaehne
I am not sure what my final decisions are yet! Considering Archaeology and anthropology at Manchester, Exeter, Bournemouth and UCL and perhaps Ancient History and Archaeology at Manchester!! But gotta sort my reference first! If anyone has any tips it would be greatly appreciated! :smile:

Sounds great, lovely choices :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
I've applied for BA anthropology at Manchester, Exeter, Bristol and Sussex and then HSPS at Cambridge :biggrin: I've got offers from Manchester, Exeter and Sussex but I was just wondering if anyone has applied to the Bristol course as it still says subject to availability? I'm assuming I won't hear back for a while as they need to make sure there's enough people to even do the course? :P
Original post by FranRose
I've applied for BA anthropology at Manchester, Exeter, Bristol and Sussex and then HSPS at Cambridge :biggrin: I've got offers from Manchester, Exeter and Sussex but I was just wondering if anyone has applied to the Bristol course as it still says subject to availability? I'm assuming I won't hear back for a while as they need to make sure there's enough people to even do the course? :P

Ah that's amazing :biggrin: congratulations! I'm still waiting for Exeter, it's been 10 days though so I shouldn't moan :tongue: and clearly your grades must be very impressive as you've applied to Cambridge :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by Lucy96
Ah that's amazing :biggrin: congratulations! I'm still waiting for Exeter, it's been 10 days though so I shouldn't moan :tongue: and clearly your grades must be very impressive as you've applied to Cambridge :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks you :biggrin: and not exactly! Cambridge are so so fussy and my UMS wasn't great so it's still a very long shot... Manchester is still an amazing second choice so hopefully I won't be ridiculously disappointed if I don't even get an interview :P
Thanks you :biggrin: and not exactly! Cambridge are so so fussy and my UMS wasn't great so it's still a very long shot... Manchester is still an amazing second choice so hopefully I won't be ridiculously disappointed if I don't even get an interview :P

I'm sure you're just being hard on yourself :tongue: best of luck though :redface: Yeah Manchester looks great! Awwwwww :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by Lucy96
I'm sure you're just being hard on yourself :tongue: best of luck though :redface: Yeah Manchester looks great! Awwwwww :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You too! I'm sure you'll hear from Exeter soon, they took about 2/3 weeks to get back to me!
You too! I'm sure you'll hear from Exeter soon, they took about 2/3 weeks to get back to me!

Thank you :smile: Oh that's good to hear!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applied for anthropology at Manchester, Bristol, UCL, LSE and Edinburgh :smile: got an offer from Manchester ABB which I'm so happy with and I'm hoping for a UCL firm Manchester insurance situation fingers crossed!
Original post by marm-alade
Applied for anthropology at Manchester, Bristol, UCL, LSE and Edinburgh :smile: got an offer from Manchester ABB which I'm so happy with and I'm hoping for a UCL firm Manchester insurance situation fingers crossed!

Congratulations! :biggrin: nice choices and best of luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19

Ive applied for manchester and bristol aswell and had an offer from Manchester. Yeah I presume we probably won't hear from Bristol until after the january deadline. I did email them about it and they said they are hoping to run the course but if for some reason they can't they may offer us a different course. Which basically means they would offer us arch and anth instead!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending