The Student Room Group

Medicine 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 900
I've got a quick question.. I'm thinking of applying to Imperial, Southampton, Cardiff and Brighton & Sussex
Would you guys say that's pretty decent in terms of having roughly 1 risky, 2 average and maybe 1 sort of insurance application?
Original post by vasuki8
I've got a quick question.. I'm thinking of applying to Imperial, Southampton, Cardiff and Brighton & Sussex
Would you guys say that's pretty decent in terms of having roughly 1 risky, 2 average and maybe 1 sort of insurance application?

That would entirely depend on what you're applying with...
Reply 902
Original post by Becca-Sarah
That would entirely depend on what you're applying with...

*facepalm* I'm so stressed out, I didn't even think to put down my grades.
GCSE 7.5 A*, 5A, 1B
AS AAAA (dropped French at AS)
A2 predicted A* AA
UKCAT 717.5
VR - 530
QR - 650
AR - 790
DA - 900
Original post by vasuki8
GCSE 7.5 A*, 5A, 1B
A2 predicted A* AA
UKCAT 717.5
VR - 530
QR - 650
AR - 790
DA - 900

Those are some good grades and good choices, well done :smile: How's the BMAT prep going?
Reply 904
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Those are some good grades and good choices, well done :smile: How's the BMAT prep going?

Okay thank you :smile: I haven't done much yet.. I was too worried about my personal statement.. :/
Reply 905
Original post by MrSupernova
Not sure Birmingham's a good shout if you didn't get A*s in English. Sheffield decide based on the strength of your personal statement as long as your UKCAT is above 650. Bristol are 80% personal statement, 20% academics, but you're right it is very competitive (less than Leeds though). Queen's Belfast, like the person above me said, is a good shout. Have you considered Liverpool (mainly use GCSE's and PS, don't use UKCAT at all) or Cardiff (also GCSE's and PS, UKCAT only in borderline cases)?

I picked birmingham, because i went to a summer school there and talked to an admissions tutor and i also rang them, and they said that if you've got majority a*'s anyway and a's at as level, and no below than a's in the subject u missed out on a* they do not mind, i know people who have applied to birmingham with B's in chem AS level, surely an A in english gcse and A at as level, is better than an A*in enlgish gcse and B in chem AS. i have also done enlglish extra cirrucluat and recieved an english speaking board qulaification, which may compensate for that i hope. i loved it at birmingham, i just wish i get offered a place.
Reply 906
Original post by MrSupernova
This probably sounds really condescending, but you are logging in with your UCAS number, rather than your username, aren't you? Took me 10 minutes and a locked account to figure that one out :colondollar:

Haha yes I am, think I'll call them up tomorrow :smile: just to check
Reply 907
Original post by vasuki8
GCSE 7.5 A*, 5A, 1B
A2 predicted A* AA
UKCAT 717.5
VR - 530
QR - 650
AR - 790
DA - 900

This is going to sound really stupid but I'm curious how can you have 0.5 of a grade?
Reply 908
Original post by FreyaCat
This is going to sound really stupid but I'm curious how can you have 0.5 of a grade?

Short course probably.
Reply 909
QUICK QUESTION GUYS...

While filling in the UCAS form do we need to put the uni's according to choices ??

like which uni as first choice, 2nd choice ??
Original post by Shiam
QUICK QUESTION GUYS...

While filling in the UCAS form do we need to put the uni's according to choices ??

like which uni as first choice, 2nd choice ??

No.
Reply 911

Shortcourse in RS :smile:
Reply 912
What do you guys score when you do mock BMATs? Gotta get to know my competition :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hummi_C
What do you guys score when you do mock BMATs? Gotta get to know my competition :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, sorry I'm not taking BMAT, just wondering where you're applying to for the BMAT? (and where else)
Reply 914
Original post by DrumChops
Hey, sorry I'm not taking BMAT, just wondering where you're applying to for the BMAT? (and where else)

Ah no worries :smile: Cambridge and UCL for BMAT, also applying to Birmingham and Bristol
What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hummi_C
Ah no worries :smile: Cambridge and UCL for BMAT, also applying to Birmingham and Bristol
What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh sweet. I've applied to Barts, Birmingham, St George's and Hull York

Good luck with tackling the beast (the BMAT) :wink: I nearly went for it but then decided that Oxbridge/Imperial/UCL was not really for me.
Reply 916
Original post by DrumChops
Oh sweet. I've applied to Barts, Birmingham, St George's and Hull York

Good luck with tackling the beast (the BMAT) :wink: I nearly went for it but then decided that Oxbridge/Imperial/UCL was not really for me.

Aha thanks! :wink: yeah that's fair enough, they're not for everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 917
Hi guys, I called ucas today because I hadn't received a conformation email from them when I applied (Wednesday morning) and it was because my application hadn't gone through properly, so if anyone doesn't receive the apply acknowledgement email I would advice calling ucas.
Hi guys, I called ucas today because I hadn't received a conformation email from them when I applied (Wednesday morning) and it was because my application hadn't gone through properly, so if anyone doesn't receive the apply acknowledgement email I would advice calling ucas.

Phew! I'm glad you called them. That could have been a bit of a disaster...

Posted from TSR Mobile
UKCAT results are out. See my post in the main forum.

The mean average for 2013 is 2643 which is very relieving indeed :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending