The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Original post by gracelich
Ahh, I know a guy in 2nd year doing econ. History!

Wow, you must have good predicted grades. I've applied to UCL, LSE, Leeds, Nottingham Trent and Leicester. (The last two choices are for if I f*uck it all up.)
History at LSE is AAA, but even though I'm predicted A*AA, I'm still super nervous! It's 10:1 per place for History
-________- (annoying)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, I'm only predicted A*AA paha so it's bog average for most places I'm going for really, teacher's were quite stubborn to predict me any higher :/

I was going to go for safe options but I just thought I'd never go to them if I get rejected from the others and I'd end up re-applying!

Ahh so it's a bit higher than Econ History by about 2 places!

But don't they usually accept two people per place anyway? Because the other one will either put it as insurance/not get grades? Well that's what I'm hoping is true just to keep my hopes up haha
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 401
Original post by ErHi?
Nope, I'm only predicted A*AA paha so it's bog average for most places I'm going for really, teacher's were quite stubborn to predict me any higher :/

I was going to go for safe options but I just thought I'd never go to them if I get rejected from the others and I'd end up re-applying!

Ahh so it's a bit higher than Econ History by about 2 places!

But don't they usually accept two people per place anyway? Because the other one will either put it as insurance/not get grades? Well that's what I'm hoping is true just to keep my hopes up haha

History at lse is EXTREMELY competitive because of the limited number of places available. There are more people being rejected from oxbridge than LSE, i think there based on my own personal observations.
Reply 402
Original post by arminb
History at lse is EXTREMELY competitive because of the limited number of places available. There are more people being rejected from oxbridge than LSE, i think there based on my own personal observations.

I know the competition is fierce :frown:

EH at LSE is my dream course and I reckon I'd be devastated if I didn't get in but I know there's a very probably chance I won't :/
Original post by arminb

*dreams crushed*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 404
Original post by Law-Hopeful
I sent off my LSE application for law today! :biggrin:

Anyone else applying for law at LSE? :smile:

Another LSE Law applicant here (Anthropology & Law). Also applied to Cambridge, Kings, Edinburgh for various combinations of Anth/Law/Phil/Pol.

Has anyone received a response of any sort from LSE yet?
Original post by BooDiddly
Another LSE Law applicant here (Anthropology & Law). Also applied to Cambridge, Kings, Edinburgh for various combinations of Anth/Law/Phil/Pol.

Nice choices!
What Cambridge college did you apply to? I went for Caius! :tongue:

Nope, I've had nothing from the LSE so far!:smile:

I recently received an email from LSE telling me that they're assessing my personal statement and that I should hear from them in around 2 weeks. Not really sure what to make of it - presumably in 2 weeks they'll tell me to wait another X number of weeks. At least they're in contact with me, that's always helpful.
Reply 407
Original post by Law-Hopeful
Nice choices!
What Cambridge college did you apply to? I went for Caius! :tongue:

Nope, I've had nothing from the LSE so far!:smile:

Nice choice. I went for Kings College, Cambridge (bit of a Kings theme emerging in my applications). I have just received an email from LSE informing me that they are considering my application, checking qualifications and PS, and will be in touch in 2 weeks. All a bit of a waiting game now for us all.
Reply 408
Original post by QuestionsQ
I recently received an email from LSE telling me that they're assessing my personal statement and that I should hear from them in around 2 weeks. Not really sure what to make of it - presumably in 2 weeks they'll tell me to wait another X number of weeks. At least they're in contact with me, that's always helpful.

Me too. Look on the bright side ...... We're still in the running!
Nice choice. I went for Kings College, Cambridge (bit of a Kings theme emerging in my applications). I have just received an email from LSE informing me that they are considering my application, checking qualifications and PS, and will be in touch in 2 weeks. All a bit of a waiting game now for us all.

Kings College is amazing in fairness, probably the best looking college!

Oh that's good! I haven't got that yet! :frown: But I have got my SAQ form now :tongue:
Reply 410
Hi everyone :smile: Wanna ask when will LSE management usually give their offer?
Reply 411

I've just got the same email as well, the wait begins :cool:
Reply 412
Original post by mm14
I've just got the same email as well, the wait begins :cool:

When did you send yours off?
Reply 413
Sent mine off yesterday for Economic History!

Loads of people saying that they give some sort of reply within two weeks makes me very nervous :frown:
Reply 414
Hey!

Anybody else heard about offers yet?

I'm an international student for Law and I got my offer today.

Would love to meet other future LSE students!
Original post by Chab-Chab
Hey!

Congratulations!

You heard so quickly! A lot must have changed with the speed they process applications... I got my offer in late March and applied in September (I have an unconditional for 2014, deferred entry). Are you Indian (your location thing says you're in India)...I'm Indian as well though I haven't studied much in India.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 416
Original post by Chab-Chab
Hey!

WOAH congratulations!! very well done :smile:

I'm applying for Economic History, haven't even got my confirmation email yet!

LSE's course is a dream course to me so I really hope I get an offer
Reply 417
Original post by abhiksetia
Congratulations!

You heard so quickly! A lot must have changed with the speed they process applications... I got my offer in late March and applied in September (I'm going to start in 2014 as well, deferred entry). Are you Indian (your location thing says you're in India)...I'm Indian as well though I haven't studied much in India.

Yes, I'm from India. :smile: Born and brought up and studied in India all my life. So coming to a place like London would be a real dream come true.

I'm equally surprised by the very quick admissions decision. My application was sent off exactly two weeks ago so this was an extremely pleasant surprise! I'm still waiting to hear back from the other 4 unis I applied to, but if I get rejected from everywhere else, I really wouldn't mind because LSE is a dream all on its own.

Congratulations to you too! (Late though it may be :tongue:)

What course are you coming to study and what was your conditional offer (if you don't mind me asking)?

Original post by ErHi?
WOAH congratulations!! very well done :smile:

I'm applying for Economic History, haven't even got my confirmation email yet!

LSE's course is a dream course to me so I really hope I get an offer

Thank you!

Best of luck with your application! :hugs:
Reply 418
Original post by CD315
When did you send yours off?

Exactly a week ago, all my universities have come back to me except Queen's Belfast (Applied Oxford, LSE, Kings and York)
Reply 419
Original post by mm14
Exactly a week ago, all my universities have come back to me except Queen's Belfast (Applied Oxford, LSE, Kings and York)

Which course at QUB? I firmed there last year. :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending