The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chab-Chab
Yes, I'm from India. :smile: Born and brought up and studied in India all my life. So coming to a place like London would be a real dream come true.

I'm equally surprised by the very quick admissions decision. My application was sent off exactly two weeks ago so this was an extremely pleasant surprise! I'm still waiting to hear back from the other 4 unis I applied to, but if I get rejected from everywhere else, I really wouldn't mind because LSE is a dream all on its own.

Congratulations to you too! (Late though it may be :tongue:)

What course are you coming to study and what was your conditional offer (if you don't mind me asking)?

Thank you!

Best of luck with your application! :hugs:

Ah, nice. I've had to move around a whole lot between the US, India and the UK. London's awesome, it'll be a great place to study!

Woah! It was 7 months of gut-wrenching wait for me, a little jealous that you got yours so soon , but that's fantastic. My offer asked for AAA in Econ, Maths and Further Maths to study Business Mathematics and Statistics.

Enjoy the day, its a great accomplishment .
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 421
Original post by CD315
Which course at QUB? I firmed there last year. :lol:

Law M100, do they send emails or do they only email you once they've made decision? Oh well it's my fifth choice so I'm not sure why I'm so bothered about it :lol: , what made you go on to reapply this year if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 422
Hi everyone... I got the same email today that's been mentioned here about them processing my application and I would hear back within 2 weeks... Then a few hours later I got a second email saying congrats your application is strong enough to make it through to the next stage of applications and I'd hear about an offer/rejection within 5 weeks. Has anybody else got the second email? I'm literally having nightmares that I'm not going to get any offers :'(
Reply 423
Original post by mm14
Law M100, do they send emails or do they only email you once they've made decision? Oh well it's my fifth choice so I'm not sure why I'm so bothered about it :lol: , what made you go on to reapply this year if you don't mind me asking?

QUB will only email once they've made a decision I think - that's how it was for me anyway (applied for actuarial science).

Decided that turning down Warwick and Imperial maths offers last year just to stay in NI was a silly, silly decision.. :lol:

Original post by buzfail
Hi everyone... I got the same email today that's been mentioned here about them processing my application and I would hear back within 2 weeks... Then a few hours later I got a second email saying congrats your application is strong enough to make it through to the next stage of applications and I'd hear about an offer/rejection within 5 weeks. Has anybody else got the second email? I'm literally having nightmares that I'm not going to get any offers :'(

It seems that the first email states that you'l hear within two weeks whether or not you're being considered - I'm assuming it's a check to see if your predicted grades match the requirements. Then, within this two weeks you'll get the second one, which you got after 2 hours, stating you're being considered and will hear within 5 weeks.

I think it's awesome that they're keeping in contact this year.
Reply 424
Original post by Law-Hopeful
Kings College is amazing in fairness, probably the best looking college!

Oh that's good! I haven't got that yet! :frown: But I have got my SAQ form now :tongue:

Good news that you've got the SAQ now and the LSE email should arrive soon:smile:
Reply 425
Original post by CD315
When did you send yours off?

About a week ago.
Reply 426
Original post by buzfail

Hey congratulations! :smile: Let's hope that you don't have to wait for the full 5 weeks for the next instalment! Good luck !
Original post by BooDiddly
Good news that you've got the SAQ now and the LSE email should arrive soon:smile:

Speaking of King's, I just got an email from King's College (London) that they've received my application! :tongue:
Reply 428
Original post by CD315
QUB will only email once they've made a decision I think - that's how it was for me anyway (applied for actuarial science).

Decided that turning down Warwick and Imperial maths offers last year just to stay in NI was a silly, silly decision.. :lol:

It seems that the first email states that you'l hear within two weeks whether or not you're being considered - I'm assuming it's a check to see if your predicted grades match the requirements. Then, within this two weeks you'll get the second one, which you got after 2 hours, stating you're being considered and will hear within 5 weeks.

I think it's awesome that they're keeping in contact this year.

I can't wait that long for a decision though, as much as I may sound like a spoilt child begging mama for something I have to say it, I want a decision NOW! :lol:
Reply 429
I've applied for maths with Economics. Does anyone know if I'm required to fill in a form with my UMS? Or is that just for economics?
Reply 430
Original post by NLoR
I've applied for maths with Economics. Does anyone know if I'm required to fill in a form with my UMS? Or is that just for economics?

Just for courses offered by the economics department. Maths with economics is the maths department - so no.
Reply 431
Original post by mm14
I can't wait that long for a decision though, as much as I may sound like a spoilt child begging mama for something I have to say it, I want a decision NOW! :lol:

Hahaha I feel exactly the same! Even if it was a rejection I'd rather know now than wait!
Hey!

Anybody else heard about offers yet?

I'm an international student for Law and I got my offer today.

Would love to meet other future LSE students!

seem like they alrdy started giving out offers to law applicants congrats to you fellow indian :wink: i am applying for economics so still waiting fingers crossed :smile: hope to meet you there :smile: if i get in :tongue: by the way are you from cbse board?
Hey!

Anybody else heard about offers yet?

I'm an international student for Law and I got my offer today.

Would love to meet other future LSE students!

Hey man, what were your grades (in which country btw) , and when did you send your application please ?
Reply 434
Original post by acidwiredheart
seem like they alrdy started giving out offers to law applicants congrats to you fellow indian :wink: i am applying for economics so still waiting fingers crossed :smile: hope to meet you there :smile: if i get in :tongue: by the way are you from cbse board?

Hello fellow countryman! I'm actually doing the IB Diploma. Gave up on the Indian system after 10th. :tongue:

Original post by StudioBagel
Hey man, what were your grades (in which country btw) , and when did you send your application please ?

I'm from India and I sent my application on 30th September. I'm doing the IB Diploma, my grades are:
Higher Levels: English Lit, History, Economics, Maths, Theatre (extra certificate) and Dance (extra certificate) (predicted 7777 77)
Standard Levels: Biology and French Ab Initio (predicted 67)
ToK + EE (predicted 2)
Total prediction: 43/45 (+14/14 in certificates)
+ 1 year course in AP Calculus (Grade 5 achieved)
Total UCAS score: 1,056 points.
Hello fellow countryman! I'm actually doing the IB Diploma. Gave up on the Indian system after 10th. :tongue:

I'm from India and I sent my application on 30th September. I'm doing the IB Diploma, my grades are:
Higher Levels: English Lit, History, Economics, Maths, Theatre (extra certificate) and Dance (extra certificate) (predicted 7777 77)
Standard Levels: Biology and French Ab Initio (predicted 67)
ToK + EE (predicted 2)
Total prediction: 43/45 (+14/14 in certificates)
+ 1 year course in AP Calculus (Grade 5 achieved)
Total UCAS score: 1,056 points.

ohh u mind telling me where u from i mean north india or south :tongue: (kinda weird question i know but just wondering) and i m in 12th cbse trying to survive the competition :wink:
Reply 436
Original post by acidwiredheart
ohh u mind telling me where u from i mean north india or south :tongue: (kinda weird question i know but just wondering) and i m in 12th cbse trying to survive the competition :wink:

I'm from New Delhi. What about you?
Reply 437
Original post by Law-Hopeful
Speaking of King's, I just got an email from King's College (London) that they've received my application! :tongue:

Excellent! Have you heard from all of your universities except LSE now? I'm just booking for the LNAT test .... no peace for the wicked eh!:wink:
Original post by BooDiddly
Excellent! Have you heard from all of your universities except LSE now? I'm just booking for the LNAT test .... no peace for the wicked eh!:wink:

I haven't heard from Warwick either! I'd have thought that LSE and Warwick would be the quickest to reply as they don't ask for the LNAT or an interview. :rolleyes:

Filling in the SAQ is tough! :frown:

When did you book your LNAT for? :tongue:
Reply 439
I just got my acknowledgment email from the Maths department. It said that I will get another email within 2 weeks updating me on progress of my application.

It also said, which was the most interesting part, that a decision will take no longer than 12 weeks. That means I'll know for sure by January which is awesome compared to having to wait until March last year!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending