The Student Room Group

Which is the most horniest gender in this planet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by thoyub
I don't agree with that at all. One is a really crap, horrible place to live and the other is an amazing place to live. I think America is very close to utopia. If your sort of thing is doing cocaine, heroin and smoking cigarettes then by all means come to the UK, the smoking capital of the world.

I wouldn't wish it on anybody though.

I've never done drugs and smoke rarely and I've lived in the UK all my life, but that doesn't matter, you've decided your opinion must be dead on so I suppose that makes it true

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 101
Original post by thoyub
I have lived in Oxford in the UK and currently live there. Lived there all my life. I haven't lived anywhere else in the UK.

When I was in the USA I was in Houston, Texas.

You've been to one part of the US for a short period of time but are convinced its perfect, nice one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jamesey_
You've been to one part of the US for a short period of time but are convinced its perfect, nice one

Posted from TSR Mobile

he makes a lot of generalisations, I wouldn't bother with him.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 103

Posted from TSR Mobile

Obviously the US isn't perfect. But the people I met there were perfect.
Reply 104
Original post by thoyub
I don't agree with that at all. One is a really crap, horrible place to live and the other is an amazing place to live. I think America is very close to utopia. If your sort of thing is doing cocaine, heroin and smoking cigarettes then by all means come to the UK, the smoking capital of the world.

I wouldn't wish it on anybody though.

So people in America don't do drugs?
CDC Announces Drug Overdoses the Number One Cause of Death in the U.S. in 2010
http://www.hightimes.com/read/drug-overdoses-number-one-cause-death-us-2010

Drug overdoses kill more people than auto accidents in 29 states
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/wp/2013/10/08/drug-overdoses-kill-more-people-than-auto-accidents-in-29-states/

Spike in drug-dependent newborns is warning to nation]
http://www.nbcnews.com/health/just-flooding-us-tenn-spike-drug-dependent-newborns-warning-nation-8C11375654

U.S. Leads The World In Illegal Drug Use

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-500368_162-4222322.html

Btw, those pages took only over a minute and a quick google search to find. Who knows what else I'd find about america's drug use if I actually gave it some time and effort.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 105
Original post by glousck
So people in America don't do drugs?
CDC Announces Drug Overdoses the Number One Cause of Death in the U.S. in 2010
http://www.hightimes.com/read/drug-overdoses-number-one-cause-death-us-2010

Drug overdoses kill more people than auto accidents in 29 states
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/wp/2013/10/08/drug-overdoses-kill-more-people-than-auto-accidents-in-29-states/

Spike in drug-dependent newborns is warning to nation]
http://www.nbcnews.com/health/just-flooding-us-tenn-spike-drug-dependent-newborns-warning-nation-8C11375654

U.S. Leads The World In Illegal Drug Use

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-500368_162-4222322.html

Btw, those pages took only over a minute and a quick google search to find. Who knows what else I'd find about america's drug use if I actually gave it some time and effort.

I can't believe that some people find this so hard to understand. YES, there are lots of people in America that do drugs. There are also people in America that DON'T do drugs. That's why America is way better than this hellhole country.
Reply 106
Original post by thoyub
I can't believe that some people find this so hard to understand. YES, there are lots of people in America that do drugs. There are also people in America that DON'T do drugs. That's why America is way better than this hellhole country.

"USA leads the WORLD in illegal drug use"

Doesn't sound great to me.
Original post by thoyub

I can't believe that you find this so hard to understand. YES, there are lots of people in the UK that do drugs. There are also people in the UK that DON'T do drugs. That's why the USA and the UK are both quite good, and way better than a lot of other countries.
Reply 108
Original post by glousck
"USA leads the WORLD in illegal drug use"

Doesn't sound great to me.

There are people that don't do drugs in America...

Are British people really that dumb that they can't even understand that simple fact? They say Americans are dumb but i'm beginning to think its the other way around. You people are really quite thick.

Stop trying to bring down Americans and start focusing on your own issues. America can hardly lead the world in illegal drug use when not everyone there does drugs.
I think it's Britain that leads the world in illegal drug use.
Reply 109
Original post by thoyub

Are British people really that dumb that they can't even understand that simple fact? They say Americans are dumb but i'm beginning to think its the other way around. You people are really quite thick.

Stop trying to bring down Americans and start focusing on your own issues. America can hardly lead the world in illegal drug use when not everyone there does drugs.

You think it, ergo, the statistics must be wrong, because your opinion is always correct! We are all aware not all Americans do drugs, same as all Brits don't. And I don't know why you constantly refer to Brits in the 3rd person, you've lived here all your life, I've got some news for you buddy, much as you hate it, you're pretty much one of us

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 110
Original post by cant_think_of_name
I can't believe that you find this so hard to understand. YES, there are lots of people in the UK that do drugs. There are also people in the UK that DON'T do drugs. That's why the USA and the UK are both quite good, and way better than a lot of other countries.

Im getting a bit tired of people saying that kind of thing to me now, what are you trying to do? Mess with my mind or something? It has been proven time and time again on this forum alone which is an excellent representation of the British population.

How come the first time that I actually met someone who didn't and had never done drugs was when I went to America for the first time? This country needs serious help. Creeps, the lot of them.
Original post by thoyub

Not everyone here does drugs :facepalm:
If you think so Americans are so wonderful, why is it legal to smoke weed in some states? Drug use is a lot less taboo over there than it is here. Do you have any evidence that Britain leads the world in illegal drug use? Don't just say 'because everyone I know does drugs'
Reply 112
You think it, ergo, the statistics must be wrong, because your opinion is always correct! We are all aware not all Americans do drugs, same as all Brits don't. And I don't know why you constantly refer to Brits in the 3rd person, you've lived here all your life, I've got some news for you buddy, much as you hate it, you're pretty much one of us

Posted from TSR Mobile

I may be British in person but I have American ideas and opinions. I am not proud to be British.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
The way you phrased the OP implies there are many, many types of gender....

To answer it certainly seems as if men have a greater sex drive

I don't know if anyone else has already pointed this out, but there are many different genders, e.g cismale, cisfemale, non-gender, bi-gender, tri-gender, transmale, transfemale, transmasculine etc (I think you get the point). To be fair though most people don't know the difference between gender and sex, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
Reply 114
Original post by pink pineapple
Not everyone here does drugs :facepalm:
If you think so Americans are so wonderful, why is it legal to smoke weed in some states? Drug use is a lot less taboo over there than it is here. Do you have any evidence that Britain leads the world in illegal drug use? Don't just say 'because everyone I know does drugs'

Are you kidding? I find it hard to believe you just said that. From comparing my experiences in Britain to America, I would say drug use is more taboo over there.

It's legal to smoke weed in some states because they have liberals in government. It's that simple and just because it is legal in some states, it doesn't mean that everyone or even most people will be using it.

It seems that Britain leads the world in drug use when you look at forums like this and see how so many people do that.
Original post by thoyub
Are you kidding? I find it hard to believe you just said that. From comparing my experiences in Britain to America, I would say drug use is more taboo over there.

It's legal to smoke weed in some states because they have liberals in government. It's that simple and just because it is legal in some states, it doesn't mean that everyone or even most people will be using it.

It seems that Britain leads the world in drug use when you look at forums like this and see how so many people do that.

One experience of a country does not equal an overall impression. In fact because the US society is so diverse, it would be incredibly difficult to say what Americans are like in general.
It isn't as simple to say 'because there are liberals' in government. Do you know anything about how US government works? If a law has been passed decriminalising weed, this suggests it is already popular enough and the law would be welcomed.
Drug use is a problem worldwide, it's hardly concentrated in the UK. You cannot simply say Britain leads the world in drug use by looking on the internet. If you think about how many people use this forum and how many people live in this country (Which is about 60 million), it isn't really representative of Britain, let alone drug use in the UK.
Reply 116
Original post by thoyub
Im getting a bit tired of people saying that kind of thing to me now, what are you trying to do? Mess with my mind or something? It has been proven time and time again on this forum alone which is an excellent representation of the British population.

How come the first time that I actually met someone who didn't and had never done drugs was when I went to America for the first time? This country needs serious help. Creeps, the lot of them.

Because you went to a conservative part of America where not many drugs are consumed? If I went to an old peoples house in Torquay they're not going to be snorting coke off every orifice of their body but if I went to an illegal rave in Bristol then drug use is obviously going to be present. America has a serious drug problem, to deny that is to stick your fingers in your ears and go LA LA LA that people are trying to crush your view of America as this place that isn't utter utopia. I guess a country where millions are uneducated to the point they can't read, a country that has the highest % of drug users in the world, a country where some states have over 50% morbid obesity problems is paradise. Let's not get started onto all the extremities in class difference there compared to England or the abhorrent level of health care.
Reply 117
Original post by glousck
Because you went to a conservative part of America where not many drugs are consumed? If I went to an old peoples house in Torquay they're not going to be snorting coke off every orifice of their body but if I went to an illegal rave in Bristol then drug use is obviously going to be present. America has a serious drug problem, to deny that is to stick your fingers in your ears and go LA LA LA that people are trying to crush your view of America as this place that isn't utter utopia. I guess a country where millions are uneducated to the point they can't read, a country that has the highest % of drug users in the world, a country where some states have over 50% morbid obesity problems is paradise. Let's not get started onto all the extremities in class difference there compared to England or the abhorrent level of health care.

Let me try and say this again. There are people over there that DON'T do drugs. I'm not denying it has a drug problem.

Go and smoke some weed or something and stop trying to bring down Americans.
Original post by thoyub
Let me try and say this again. There are people over there that DON'T do drugs. I'm not denying it has a drug problem.

Go and smoke some weed or something and stop trying to bring down Americans.

But on the flip side there are people over here that DON'T do drugs. Your idea of America is very simplistic, while on the surface it may seem like a fine country to live in (better than Britain), beyond that there are are a whole heap of problems. Health care, class divisions, education, obesity, war minded government, MASSIVE debt. If you look at it as a country you can certainly find fundamental flaws.
Reply 119
Original post by the golden god
But on the flip side there are people over here that DON'T do drugs. Your idea of America is very simplistic, while on the surface it may seem like a fine country to live in (better than Britain), beyond that there are are a whole heap of problems. Health care, class divisions, education, obesity, war minded government, MASSIVE debt. If you look at it as a country you can certainly find fundamental flaws.

I'm not pretending that it doesn't have it's issues and problems and that drug use is very widespread over there. But I think it's unfair when people generalise all Americans to be drug users when they are not. Not all Americans do drugs. Don't put them all into the same category. It's not nice and it's not fair on the good Americans that don't do drugs.

I don't think it's simplistic. I don't think it is free of problems but it's far better than Britain. People there actually have lives and many choose love over lust. People in America don't make fun of you when you say you don't care about a girls breast size. They don't call you "gay" or a "faggot" if you say there is more to a girl than her breasts. They don't call you names if you say you don't smoke or do drugs. They accept that people have standards for relationships.

Those are just a few reasons why America is better than Britain.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest