The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by purplemind
That's good. :smile:
I'm hoping to get the Bristol offer too. Will make me feel so much safer.

Don't worry too much, was the error 'a big thing'?

You know how you're personal statement is meant to show motivation for the course? I talked about the Austrian school of thought, heard of Hayek? I don't think there's anything about it in any of the 5 we applied to. I even said I'm looking forward to studying it. :facepalm:

I'm afraid this will come across as "lack of research into what the degree entails" or something along those lines. It's too late to change it now though. It's not that I think I'll get rejected due to that, it's the fact that I wanted to get rejected giving it absolutely 100% so I can be satisfied that I tried my best, since that's what matters right? This stops it from be a perfect attempt from my side.
Original post by mynameisntbobk
First few days are the worst, it gets easier though :yep:

I can imagine! :redface: oh thank goodness :tongue:
Original post by Hodan1996
Same I get mine sent off in 9 days!!! I haven't even perfected my PS yet, I can't wait till next year I'm so stressed and it's not even half term yet :confused:

Oooh scary! Think mine's getting sent off Thursday :smile: never mind, I'm sure it'll be okay :biggrin: slightly worried about my PS but I really don't know what I'd change. Same hahaha :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NedStark
You know how you're personal statement is meant to show motivation for the course? I talked about the Austrian school of thought, heard of Hayek? I don't think there's anything about it in any of the 5 we applied to. I even said I'm looking forward to studying it. :facepalm:

I'm afraid this will come across as "lack of research into what the degree entails" or something along those lines. It's too late to change it now though. It's not that I think I'll get rejected due to that, it's the fact that I wanted to get rejected giving it absolutely 100% so I can be satisfied that I tried my best, since that's what matters right? This stops it from be a perfect attempt from my side.

You can talk about motivation for the couse in Cambridge SAQ. That might help a bit. :smile:
I don't know too much about him but I can recall that he probably won a shared Nobel prize? And he was quite liberal, didn't like too much intervention. :tongue:

Maybe there would be something about him in Economic History? I don't know really.
Original post by purplemind
You can talk about motivation for the couse in Cambridge SAQ. That might help a bit. :smile:
I don't know too much about him but I can recall that he probably won a shared Nobel prize? And he was quite liberal, didn't like too much intervention. :tongue:

Maybe there would be something about him in Economic History? I don't know really.

Have you filled in the SAQ?

Economic history would probably cover Adam Smith and people like him but it's fine. As long as Bristol give an offer it's all good! Don't forget to keep us updated with your UCAS on that Econ thread!
Original post by NedStark
Have you filled in the SAQ?

Economic history would probably cover Adam Smith and people like him but it's fine. As long as Bristol give an offer it's all good! Don't forget to keep us updated with your UCAS on that Econ thread!

I have but I didn't use all the characters. I mean, when I wrote it first I did but then I cut out half of it. I don't really have work experience I could talk about and most important things were in my PS so I just mentioned which parts of the Cambridge course I found attractive.

I saw your UMS on the stalking thread so I don't think Hayek should harm your application. :tongue: I will. :smile:
Reply 4965
Finally sent off my UCAS. :woo:

Think I'm just going to be hitting F5 on Track until results day... :s-smilie::biggrin:
Original post by Paramore<3
Finally sent off my UCAS. :woo:

Think I'm just going to be hitting F5 on Track until results day... :s-smilie::biggrin:

Good luck with your application :h:

Just saw your academics very nice :smile:
Reply 4967
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Good luck with your application :h:

Just saw your academics very nice :smile:

Thank you! (Spamming all the threads I watch just to say 'look at meeee, I've sent off my UCAS too', sorry... :tongue:) You too, you're applying to Cambridge, right?
Ah, thanks! :redface: Hopefully they'll keep me in good stead for what I want to do...!
Original post by Paramore<3
Thank you! (Spamming all the threads I watch just to say 'look at meeee, I've sent off my UCAS too', sorry... :tongue:) You too, you're applying to Cambridge, right?
Ah, thanks! :redface: Hopefully they'll keep me in good stead for what I want to do...!

Well I don't blame you :tongue: it's fine, yes I sent my application off last Wednesday :smile:.
Yh you should be fine with those to be honest, what college at Camb? :u:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Leicester! My sister lives there atm :biggrin:

Great city :smile: its my second choice
Original post by Lucy96
I can imagine! :redface: oh thank goodness :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, you'll go on every so often, but not excessively
Reply 4970
Original post by Lucy96
You poor thing! :frown: you'll get through it! :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs:

how is year 13 treating you?
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Haha, you'll go on every so often, but not excessively

I probably will do hehe :tongue:
Original post by lilGem
:hugs:

how is year 13 treating you?

Okay thank you very much :biggrin: Far happier without chemistry because now I love all of my subjects :smile: biology seems to be the biggest step up, but history and lit are pretty similar!

Any more on the situation with him? :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys for the SAQ instead of writing each topic covered from now till December, can we just write: "Whole of C3, Whole of C4, Whole of S2"? I'm asking this because we would have finished all of A2 Maths before Christmas and there's not enough space to list all the topics :s-smilie:
Reply 4973
Original post by Lucy96
Okay thank you very much :biggrin: Far happier without chemistry because now I love all of my subjects :smile: biology seems to be the biggest step up, but history and lit are pretty similar!

Any more on the situation with him? :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm glad! :biggrin: if you need any help with biology then give me a shout and I'll help :smile:

the normal, I'm still getting used to him saying he loves me 3 times a day and that he misses me:lol: I still have re-read texts and be like :lolwut: we skyped last week and he said he loved me as I was clicking the end call button. . .slightly awkward :colondollar: but he called back and we said we love each other. He called me beautiful yesterday again the :lolwut: but he'll hopefully be coming here soon :yep:

Got a bitchy text from my friend about him though :unimpressed: it was tinged with jealousy :sad:
Reply 4974
Original post by lilGem

Got a bitchy text from my friend about him though :unimpressed: it was tinged with jealousy :sad:

What did she say? And does she like him?

Posted from TSR Mobile
:hi:
So... anybody else send their UCAS application off today? I'm so excited! :awesome: :excited: :crazy:
Guys for the SAQ instead of writing each topic covered from now till December, can we just write: "Whole of C3, Whole of C4, Whole of S2"? I'm asking this because we would have finished all of A2 Maths before Christmas and there's not enough space to list all the topics :s-smilie:

I was told not to because of the difference in exam board specs. What will you have studied? Want me to see if I can make it more concise? :smile:

EDIT: on the other hand, pure and further pure have very distinct boundaries so maybe saying C3, C4 and S2 would be okay :dontknow:
(edited 10 years ago)

I think it'd be fine because although you cover different things in them on different boards, all boards cover the same things over the whole A2. As well as S1 and S2 overall.

If that makes sense.
Sent my ums off to Durham for Maths :holmes:
I sent my UCAS to school on the 2nd. and they haven't sent it to UCAS. Its nerve wrcking as its out of my control :/

Latest