The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Athena_Laleak
Which one is your first choice? :smile:

My first choice is Exeter, but I only have ABB (final A2 grades) and the requirements are AAA-ABB so it is my risky choice Haven't yet decided which one I prefer out of Birmingham and Newcastle for my second choice
(edited 10 years ago)
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 121
Original post by Utterly-confused
No, I am improving it each day and it's just getting harder! Have you? I need to send mine off by the 23rd, this month. :frown: B'ham looks amazing! Well, the Uni! Do you live around here? What results did you get? Mine weren't as good as I hoped. :frown:

My results were terrible :// I'm predicted A for English Lit, A for English Lang and C for Economics and I don't have a predicted grade for History bc I'm doing it intensively. I really doubt I'm gonna get in. Wbu? I've just started mine! I only have two paragraphs I keep procrastinating and same. I really need to send mine off by the 24th it just seems impossible and Ikr it really does. I'm going to try and pull an all nighter to just get my first draft done it's taking forever. Where else are you applying? And no I'm from London wbu? :smile:
Original post by Zaphod77
Sorry to butt in, but they do, some international students had interviews the same day as me! They should tell you the date well in advance, but the problem with phone and skype is that it's MMI, so I don't know whether they would... It might be worth you emailing or ringing them and finding out :smile:

I tried emailing them about a month back and no reply :/
I'll try again. Thanks a lot!
Original post by Rubyx
My results were terrible :// I'm predicted A for English Lit, A for English Lang and C for Economics and I don't have a predicted grade for History bc I'm doing it intensively. I really doubt I'm gonna get in. Wbu? I've just started mine! I only have two paragraphs I keep procrastinating and same. I really need to send mine off by the 24th it just seems impossible and Ikr it really does. I'm going to try and pull an all nighter to just get my first draft done it's taking forever. Where else are you applying? And no I'm from London wbu? :smile:

Oh, that's not bad at ALL! I Those are actually pretty good! I am predicted A(English)B (History) C (Philosophy), which hits the nail. I was so upset with the C. Ugh. I should have worked harder for Philosophy. I am doing English lang and lit! :smile: We need AAB to get in, correct? With A2B, my offer goes to ABC. Yay! :smile: I got a C in History last year.. I have so much to retake. :frown: Me too! I started it, have sent it to my History teacher to check and then finally, I shall get my English teachers to proofread. :smile: You've got yours for the 24th but not started? :O Get a move on, girl or guy? :P If you need any help, don't be afraid to ask me!

OOOOH, my boyfriend lives in London. I visit often. He's from Islington. Where are you from, mind me asking? :smile: I am applying to QMUL, UOB, UOH, DMU and Westminster. So two in London. :P Yourself?
Reply 124
Original post by Gavan
Yeah i know exactly what you mean, mine is taking shape now. But I'm 300 characters over :/ And I've barely put anything about me in it. Hmm. Do you want to stay in accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

500 characters over and I'm still writing more. Yeah I'm gonna stay in accommodation as long as I have my own bathroom.
Original post by daehyuns
yes you can! the 3rd year is in industry and the forth year is spent abroad
theres more information on the website so heres a link to the course that does a year in industry and a year abroad
http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/students/courses/undergraduate/chemical-engineering/chemical-engineering-industrial-international-meng.aspx#CourseOverviewTab

Oh that's amazing, thanks for the link!
Do you know if this is only at Birmingham?
And do you have to have an A-level in the country you want to study in?
Reply 126
Can anybody who has visited the uni tell me what it's like? I'm considering applying here, but haven't had the chance to visit the place itself.
Original post by mddub39
Can anybody who has visited the uni tell me what it's like? I'm considering applying here, but haven't had the chance to visit the place itself.

I really liked the campus. All the departments are relatively close together so you don't have to worry about being stuck miles away from everybody and everything else.

The accommodation was within 10-15 minutes walking distance of the campus and, although there is obviously a range of prices and quality rooms, I was really impressed with the accommodation. It felt in a pleasant location, safe and somewhere I'd be happy to live.

All in all I really enjoyed my open day so much it's my first choice. The fact the university has it's own train station 10 minutes from the city centre made it even more appealing for obvious reasons. I have nothing bad to say about it from my open day but I'm sure some people will be able to give their opinions as well. :smile:
Reply 128
Original post by Mercy.O
500 characters over and I'm still writing more. Yeah I'm gonna stay in accommodation as long as I have my own bathroom.

Haha thats the exact same as me. No chance I'm sharing a bathroom with random people. When do you plan to send in your application? Im thinking end of november.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 129
Original post by Rubyx
Hi, I'm applying for English Literature & History :smile:

Yay, another English student!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 130
Original post by LucyW456
I'm pretty certain I'm going to apply for Physics and Astrophysics
I haven't been to the campus though- can anyone tell me what its like? and Birmingham in general?

It's beautiful! I was thinking of applying for chemistry or physics but then settled on English.
The department is lovely.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mddub39

It is a great university - lovely campus and in a fabulous city. I have visited in recent years (including last month) with my own children for their applications and was a student there myself in the 80s. Obviously I'm a bit biased!
Original post by aallen
It's beautiful! I was thinking of applying for chemistry or physics but then settled on English.
The department is lovely.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh cool, thanks
Reply 133
Original post by Gavan
Haha thats the exact same as me. No chance I'm sharing a bathroom with random people. When do you plan to send in your application? Im thinking end of november.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I'm planning to send mine off end of November too but I'm still thinking about other universities that I am gonna apply to.
me, I'm planning on doing marketing, can't wait for uni! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 135
Original post by Mercy.O
Yeah, I'm planning to send mine off end of November too but I'm still thinking about other universities that I am gonna apply to.

Ahh i see, i know 2 for definite but I'm still changing my mind about the others. Where are you putting for your insurance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 136
Original post by Gavan
Ahh i see, i know 2 for definite but I'm still changing my mind about the others. Where are you putting for your insurance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't really found any good insurances yet but maybe Aston. ABB-BBB is the entry requirements. What unis are you thinking of applying to?
Just wondering, has anyone got an offer from Birmingham yet?
I'll be applying for English Language. Hopefully I'll be sending off my application sometime near the end of this month! :smile:
Reply 139
Original post by Mercy.O
I haven't really found any good insurances yet but maybe Aston. ABB-BBB is the entry requirements. What unis are you thinking of applying to?

Well Birmingham and Nottingham are my top 2. Then i was thinking Bath, Sheffield and Aston. I keep changing my mind about the last 3 though. I just really want to go to Birmingham, i loved the course and uni!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending