The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520

ooohhh awesome did you get an interview last year with Leicester?
Good luck yo
Didn't end up applying to Leicester, but good luck everyone!
Original post by richtea5
ooohhh awesome did you get an interview last year with Leicester?
Good luck yo

No, I didn't apply to Leicester last year :tongue:
Thanks, good luck to you too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 523
Original post by spangie
x

Original post by richtea5
x

Original post by MissJayySee
x

Hell yeahhhh :five:

P.S. check out the OP :wink:

Original post by The Doctor!
Didn't end up applying to Leicester, but good luck everyone!

That's a shame :frown: good luck with your application!
Reply 524
Anyone got any idea when the earliest we may hear back is?
Original post by k1rby
That's a shame :frown: good luck with your application!

Yeah:frown: I kind of regret it now but I was a bit rushed in the end so I guess it's natural to feel that way.

But thanks, have fun at med school!:biggrin:
Yeah:frown: I kind of regret it now but I was a bit rushed in the end so I guess it's natural to feel that way.

I felt exactly the same! Started questioning my choices loads and really started hating my ps :tongue:

where did you end up applying?
Original post by Dr. Django
I felt exactly the same! Started questioning my choices loads and really started hating my ps :tongue:

where did you end up applying?

Yep, 4am thinking 'OH MY GOD I NEED TO REWRITE THIS ****!!!'

Ended up with King's, Birmingham, Oxford and Cardiff. Fingers crossed, I'd love to be at any of those universities so hopefully it'll pay off.

How about you?
Yep, 4am thinking 'OH MY GOD I NEED TO REWRITE THIS ****!!!'

Ended up with King's, Birmingham, Oxford and Cardiff. Fingers crossed, I'd love to be at any of those universities so hopefully it'll pay off.

How about you?

I'm sort of glad that it's pretty much final now so I cant do any more!

I went for Edinburgh, Leeds, Leicester and Newcastle!

Oxford is awesome (loved the open day) but the course didn't appeal to me due to lack of clinical shiz! Everywhere is great to be honest Good luck :smile:
I'm sort of glad that it's pretty much final now so I cant do any more!

I went for Edinburgh, Leeds, Leicester and Newcastle!

Oxford is awesome (loved the open day) but the course didn't appeal to me due to lack of clinical shiz! Everywhere is great to be honest Good luck :smile:

Yeah same, definitely!

Oh awesome, Edinburgh open day was incredible but I opted not to apply due to it being super competitive for non-Scots and being so stupidly far away from my home haha. Nice choices though, you must have had a decent UKCAT score?

Yeah I'd agree with that, but I'm not overly fussy as long as it's not PBL to be honest haha. I'm thinking Oxford was a little over ambitious now, hence regretting not applying to Leicester. Ah well, it's done now - good luck to you too!
Yeah same, definitely!

Oh awesome, Edinburgh open day was incredible but I opted not to apply due to it being super competitive for non-Scots and being so stupidly far away from my home haha. Nice choices though, you must have had a decent UKCAT score?

Yeah I'd agree with that, but I'm not overly fussy as long as it's not PBL to be honest haha. I'm thinking Oxford was a little over ambitious now, hence regretting not applying to Leicester. Ah well, it's done now - good luck to you too!

I originally submitted UCAS with Oxford but then changed to Edinburgh :tongue: I realised Oxford was (for me) a step too far!! Yeah I got 3170 :smile:

Same here, PBL didnt look my cup of tea but id happily go everywhere else!! No regrets, Oxford is amazing (i'm a little annoyed with myself for pussying out :tongue:)!
Reply 531
Hey guys. i've finally chosen to apply here after much deliberation.. What are my chances of landing an interview?
gcses: B in English Lang, A* in the other 5 subjects (maths, add science, core science, history, french)
AS: chem B, bio B, maths A, r.s B, French A.
UKCAT: 690 (2760) I heard we need 58/60 or something for the interview! :angry:
I originally submitted UCAS with Oxford but then changed to Edinburgh :tongue: I realised Oxford was (for me) a step too far!! Yeah I got 3170 :smile:

Same here, PBL didnt look my cup of tea but id happily go everywhere else!! No regrets, Oxford is amazing (i'm a little annoyed with myself for pussying out :tongue:)!

They're both amazing and extremely competitive so I wouldn't say there's that much difference! Oh wow, nice haha - my friend got average of 835 lol... maybe I should say 'ex-friend'.

It's probably the wiser decision, I feel like I've already cut down my chances to 3 before starting.
They're both amazing and extremely competitive so I wouldn't say there's that much difference! Oh wow, nice haha - my friend got average of 835 lol... maybe I should say 'ex-friend'.

It's probably the wiser decision, I feel like I've already cut down my chances to 3 before starting.

True, I definitely didn't want to apply to both and went for Edinburgh as I preferred the city and the course (more clinical shiz)! AND NO BMAT :tongue:

I hate your friend :tongue: ahah! At my school im the hated one as out of 5 of us no one else got above average :s-smilie:

No you havent, have some belief :smile: It's worth a shot as it is such a beautiful uni
Original post by k1rby
:teeth:

Read the first post. I contacted Leicester regarding this and have a definitive answer there. :smile:

Read the first post and calculate your score. :smile:

Yes I'm well aware how to do that but that's not what I asked. I know I will maybe get an interview but past that do I have a good chance?
Original post by TheBrownWizard
Yes I'm well aware how to do that but that's not what I asked. I know I will maybe get an interview but past that do I have a good chance?

No one can tell you as the interview alone will pretty much decide from that point! And as we don't know you we really don't know how you'll perform in interview :tongue:
Reply 536

Well they base an offer on your interview score alone. Your grades and work experience won't tell us whether or not you will be good at interview, so none of us can tell you your chance of getting an offer. :curious:
Original post by k1rby
:smile:

Did you do a lot of research on medical ethics n shiz for interview?? If so what resources did you use and were there many ethical scenarios in the interview??

Thanks, you're my go-to-gal for all things Leicester related :biggrin:
Original post by k1rby
Well they base an offer on your interview score alone. Your grades and work experience won't tell us whether or not you will be good at interview, so none of us can tell you your chance of getting an offer. :curious:

Sorry let me clarify, I meant, have what I done suffice in terms of clinical and work experience etc. Because what if they called someone for an interview based on score, they are well spoken with a good knowledge and desire etc. but little or no previous experience in a work place or clinical establishment? would they give them an offer?
Reply 539
Did you do a lot of research on medical ethics n shiz for interview?? If so what resources did you use and were there many ethical scenarios in the interview??

Thanks, you're my go-to-gal for all things Leicester related :biggrin:

I can't really remember but there was nothing that would require knowledge of current news or intricate knowledge of the NHS guidelines. It all just needed common sense really. Obviously learning about that stuff would be helpful as you might be able to slip in some knowledge of informed consent, confidentiality etc even if they question doesn't mention it specifically and you'll need to know that stuff at some point. :smile:

Sorry let me clarify, I meant, have what I done suffice in terms of clinical and work experience etc. Because what if they called someone for an interview based on score, they are well spoken with a good knowledge and desire etc. but little or no previous experience in a work place or clinical establishment? would they give them an offer?

Ohh right, well you've done more work experience than most! You could have done like 1 week in a gp surgery only but learnt so much in that week that you could talk about it for ages. Once you've got to interview, they base an offer on your performance in it alone. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending