The Student Room Group

Citroen DS3

Hi does anyone have a Citreon DS3? I really want one after learning in that car and passing my test in it, I actually love that car now. I see a lot around and wish that I owned one, however price is an issue. Just wondering if people have the same thoughts and who has got one?
Reply 1
I had one for learning to drive as well, I think they are really comfortable and easier to drive compared to my instructors old car (Ford Focus something). If price wasn't an issue I would get one, but it's a shed on wheels for me! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by HJ M
I had one for learning to drive as well, I think they are really comfortable and easier to drive compared to my instructors old car (Ford Focus something). If price wasn't an issue I would get one, but it's a shed on wheels for me! :smile:

I really really want one now that I have finished all my lessons. Need someone to buy me one haha they are mint cars.
Reply 3
Does anyone else have any views on this car?
Reply 4
Nothing special, wouldn't pay money for something like this as it's just a jazzed up Citroen C3 which in itself isn't all that great a car.
Original post by Alfissti
Nothing special, wouldn't pay money for something like this as it's just a jazzed up Citroen C3 which in itself isn't all that great a car.

+1, agree. And based upon my previous C3 experiences (among with other Citroens I have used in the past), I would never buy one. Glad I don't have it anymore, it was more often in the garage than on the road.

Thankfully my current car hasn't once been to the garage, touch wood. Its bulletproof in comparison to the C3 and most other French cars. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Sgt.Incontro
+1, agree. And based upon my previous C3 experiences (among with other Citroens I have used in the past), I would never buy one. Glad I don't have it anymore, it was more often in the garage than on the road.

Thankfully my current car hasn't once been to the garage, touch wood. Its bulletproof in comparison to the C3 and most other French cars. :smile:

What you got now?
Original post by MJ1012
What you got now?

Focus.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymousgirll
Hi does anyone have a Citreon DS3? I really want one after learning in that car and passing my test in it, I actually love that car now. I see a lot around and wish that I owned one, however price is an issue. Just wondering if people have the same thoughts and who has got one?

I suggest you don't get one......it looks very pretty, etc but maker has a poor reputation in terms of reliability, so its kinda risky.

Also don't forget about insurance cost, parking, petrol, mot, etc
I suggest getting a VW polo has a starter car, fabia is also a good shout its a polo underneath.
Reply 9
Original post by Sgt.Incontro

I just avoid Citroëns like the plague after my mum had a brand new (mistake anyway) C3 and all the electrics went after about a year or maybe two. She went to a w plate micra and has had it for about 3 years with no problems! And people wonder why I hate French cars :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by .gina
I just avoid Citroëns like the plague after my mum had a brand new (mistake anyway) C3 and all the electrics went after about a year or maybe two. She went to a w plate micra and has had it for about 3 years with no problems! And people wonder why I hate French cars :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly, I avoid ALL French cars like the plague too. Too many bad experiences, not just one off's. Every other car I've experienced other than the French ones have had almost no problems. Staying away permanently.
Reply 11

Don't buy french, my mum has a 206 and she lets me take it out sometimes however it has a few problems with it
The service light does not go away, the gearbox sometimes plays up and the rear tail lights seem to fuse every other month

Buy Volkswagen! How old are you? I can convince you to change your mind!
Original post by MichaelP
Don't buy french, my mum has a 206 and she lets me take it out sometimes however it has a few problems with it
The service light does not go away, the gearbox sometimes plays up and the rear tail lights seem to fuse every other month

Buy Volkswagen! How old are you? I can convince you to change your mind!

I am 18

haha same, I passed in a DS3, it's a really nice car. Very responsive engine.

But it will never happen :frown:

It's expensive and also the insurance is high

I'd much rather go for a VW Golf for my second car.
Original post by James A
haha same, I passed in a DS3, it's a really nice car. Very responsive engine.

But it will never happen :frown:

It's expensive and also the insurance is high

I'd much rather go for a VW Golf for my second car.

Is insurance very high on it, I thought it was a small litre engine? Do you have a car now. I like the VW Golf and Polos but much rather pefer the DS3.
Is insurance very high on it, I thought it was a small litre engine? Do you have a car now. I like the VW Golf and Polos but much rather pefer the DS3.

Nah, haven't got a car yet. In my second year of uni, I might consider getting a car, but even then I'm doubtful.

The only car I've driven after passing my test is my Dad's Honda Civic and I think that will remain for a long time haha.

If I did have a chance to get a car, it would be a Polo for a first car, then I would move up to a golf. VW make some very reliable cars :biggrin:
Reply 16
I am 18

Posted from TSR Mobile

How much are you willing to pay for insurance and the car itself?
Original post by MichaelP
Posted from TSR Mobile

How much are you willing to pay for insurance and the car itself?

Not too sure maybe if I can pay it off over a couple of years. But not loads of money.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending