The Student Room Group

2014 Medicine Re-Applicants

Scroll to see replies

I have an interview for a Theatre Support Worker job on Thursday. There'll be a group interview/task and then a one-to-one interview. Can anybody please give me some advice? What are NHS interviews like for this kind of role? :redface: I really, really, really, really, really want this job. Also would you advise avoiding any mention of going to university?
Has anyone else had response from any of their choices yet, because on my application it says my place at St. George's for Medicine has been confirmed. Which is strange because its quite early for a decision without an interview, and really weird because the date of the message is the 12th and my school didn't send my application with the reference attached till the 14th.

I hope it's not that UCAS just messed up, but i definitely don't want to think i've definitely got a place if it isn't the case.

Any opinions/thoughts?
Original post by AAA_
Has anyone else had response from any of their choices yet, because on my application it says my place at St. George's for Medicine has been confirmed. Which is strange because its quite early for a decision without an interview, and really weird because the date of the message is the 12th and my school didn't send my application with the reference attached till the 14th.

I hope it's not that UCAS just messed up, but i definitely don't want to think i've definitely got a place if it isn't the case.

Any opinions/thoughts?

Wow, that's weird. What exactly did they state on your track? Sorry to be the bearer if bad news but there's probably a 99% chance they've made a mistake as its much too early for any medical school to make a decision!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AAA_

Any opinions/thoughts?

Probably a mistake, perhaps they meant your "application" is confirmed?
Just got an unconditional offer from Newcastle for Biomedical Sciences. I'm officially going to uni next year! :biggrin:
Original post by SusieShire
Just got an unconditional offer from Newcastle for Biomedical Sciences. I'm officially going to uni next year! :biggrin:

OMG, bet you died and came back to life when you saw something had changed on your UCAS e-mail!
Original post by ameelia22
OMG, bet you died and came back to life when you saw something had changed on your UCAS e-mail!

Actually I haven't even received an email yet! I just randomly decided to check track, fully expecting nothing to have changed and my heart stopped when I saw "You have received decisions from 1 out of 5 choices." at the top of the page!
Reply 2687
Actually I haven't even received an email yet! I just randomly decided to check track, fully expecting nothing to have changed and my heart stopped when I saw "You have received decisions from 1 out of 5 choices." at the top of the page!

Wow well done! When did you send your application? I want to know approximate how long do the biomed course take to make their decision.
It's starting to feel so much more real now that the confirmations are coming through! Don't know whether it's more exciting or scary!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SiMan
Wow well done! When did you send your application? I want to know approximate how long do the biomed course take to make their decision.

My application was sent on the 8th. :smile:
im a hopeful med applicant 2015!
only if i get my 3as and my as chem to an A tho lol
got average gcses (4.5a*,6a,2b)
but got ABCC in bio, maths, history and chem at AS
and predicted AAB for maths,bio and history at A2
taking a gap yr (hopefully) doing a lot of work experience and getting a job, doing a ukcat/bmat and hopefully applying to:
Imperial, QMUL, Kings, St Georges/Newcastle ...
Reply 2691
My application was sent on the 8th. :smile:

Ohh okay! Thanks and all the best!

Congrats :biggrin: (but hopefully you won't need to accept it)
Reply 2693
I have an interview for a Theatre Support Worker job on Thursday. There'll be a group interview/task and then a one-to-one interview. Can anybody please give me some advice? What are NHS interviews like for this kind of role? :redface: I really, really, really, really, really want this job. Also would you advise avoiding any mention of going to university?

Long post here so I'll just spoiler it:

Spoiler

Original post by kimsiclez
Long post here so I'll just spoiler it:

Thank you so much! I was planning on just saying I wish to pursue a career in healthcare and not mentioning medicine, so I'll stick to that plan! It seems like there's a lot to learn for the role, how are you finding the learning curve? Also what are the shifts like? Thanks for your help! :smile:
Reply 2695
Thank you so much! I was planning on just saying I wish to pursue a career in healthcare and not mentioning medicine, so I'll stick to that plan! It seems like there's a lot to learn for the role, how are you finding the learning curve? Also what are the shifts like? Thanks for your help! :smile:

That sounds like a good plan :smile: There is quite a bit to learn and it's all thrown at you during the first few weeks but apparently it does get easier! I'm starting to get the hang of it now. It's not like a lot of it is theory based but more how to do things so you pretty much learn as you go. It's not that intense though and you'll have plenty of support. The shift work is not bad, mainly 8-6 or 12-9 with a half an hour break (not including coffee breaks!) for 4 days a week. Although this might be different in other hospitals so maybe ask during the interview? Here nights are 8-8:15 but you're not expected to do them for a looong time until you're fully qualified/competent which would be at least 8-12 months from now! I don't know whether it may be different where you are though.
Reply 2696
What parts of a level are worth looking iver before starting med school (if we werw to get an offer like!!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2697
Original post by hl7495
What parts of a level are worth looking iver before starting med school (if we werw to get an offer like!!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow ur really thinking ahead. :redface:
Original post by hl7495

Posted from TSR Mobile

None. Most medical schools start with a refresher of the relevant parts since not everyone will have done A levels etc.
Reply 2699
Original post by Singha12345
im a hopeful med applicant 2015!
only if i get my 3as and my as chem to an A tho lol
got average gcses (4.5a*,6a,2b)
but got ABCC in bio, maths, history and chem at AS
and predicted AAB for maths,bio and history at A2
taking a gap yr (hopefully) doing a lot of work experience and getting a job, doing a ukcat/bmat and hopefully applying to:
Imperial, QMUL, Kings, St Georges/Newcastle ...

wrong thread

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending