The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by runjennyrun17
I got the email today saying that LSE is currently assessing my grades and PS.just asking how long will it take for the next update.......really panicking right now

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just received the exact same email!
Good luck with your application :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by thinkthings
When did you send your application?

13TH...
Original post by law-hopeful
i just received the exact same email!
Good luck with your application :smile:

yeah thanks!
Finger crossed!!
Original post by Chab-Chab
Some people got accepted in two weeks after that email, others got rejected, and some have been told that their applications will be considered further for another 5 weeks and that they've jumped over the initial hurdle. It varies from person to person.

THX!!!!
I got the email today saying that LSE is currently assessing my grades and PS.just asking how long will it take for the next update.......really panicking right now😱😱😱😱

Posted from TSR Mobile

So did I, like 40 minutes ago!!! Hugs! I may have panicked a lot when it came through too! Mine was sent off by the school on Sunday and LSE said they'd received it yesterday
Original post by ChangeOurWorld
So did I, like 40 minutes ago!!! Hugs! I may have panicked a lot when it came through too! Mine was sent off by the school on Sunday and LSE said they'd received it yesterday

i'm really worried about my ps cuz i heard that lse put great emphasis on it......I'm applying for economics:smile::smile:. how about u?
Reply 466
I have received my 2nd email from LSE, this one informing me that my application is strong enough to be considered further, may take up to 5 weeks. Heck........nervous now! Everything crossed.
i'm really worried about my ps cuz i heard that lse put great emphasis on it......I'm applying for economics:smile::smile:. how about u?

I heard they put a lot of emphasis on GCSE grades too...it seems theres no aspect of the application that's not allowed to be perfect! Ooo that's great!! Good luck with your application! I'm applying for Law, but I only got 4A*s at GCSE and I got 1B at AS so although I'm hoping I still get a place, I understand I'm not the most ultra-competitive applicant.
I heard they put a lot of emphasis on GCSE grades too...it seems theres no aspect of the application that's not allowed to be perfect! Ooo that's great!! Good luck with your application! I'm applying for Law, but I only got 4A*s at GCSE and I got 1B at AS so although I'm hoping I still get a place, I understand I'm not the most ultra-competitive applicant.

international applicant here so dont need to worry about GCSE...
as grades are ok but i know i'm not that good to secure an offer instantly hahhah...:redface:
Original post by BooDiddly
I have received my 2nd email from LSE, this one informing me that my application is strong enough to be considered further, may take up to 5 weeks. Heck........nervous now! Everything crossed.

congrats!!!
what course are you applying for?

Ahh, just got my 2nd email too. Will hear back from them in 2 weeks... Is this when they start giving out offers/rejections?
If I do get a rejection... I'd prefer to know ASAP.... I can't bare to wait for up to 12 weeks for a decision.... Wahhh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 471
Original post by gracelich
Ahh, just got my 2nd email too. Will hear back from them in 2 weeks... Is this when they start giving out offers/rejections?
If I do get a rejection... I'd prefer to know ASAP.... I can't bare to wait for up to 12 weeks for a decision.... Wahhh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here!

I think it might be offer/rejection in two weeks :/ if it's a rejection I just want it to be out of the way, if it's an offer, I'd be over the moon
Reply 472
congrats!!!
what course are you applying for?

Anthropology & Law. How about you?
Original post by ErHi?
Same here!

I think it might be offer/rejection in two weeks :/ if it's a rejection I just want it to be out of the way, if it's an offer, I'd be over the moon

Same here... I'm just going to try and forget about it. If it's an offer I would cry for days. What did you apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ErHi?
Same here!

Yeah if I'm going to be rejected I'd want it ASAP. But they make everyone wait forever unless they're good enough.

They said I've got to wait 12 weeks. Some people have to wait 2 weeks. Sigh
Reply 475
Same here... I'm just going to try and forget about it. If it's an offer I would cry for days. What did you apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Econ History! Is your admissions guy Adrian Roye?
Reply 476
Original post by NedStark
Yeah if I'm going to be rejected I'd want it ASAP. But they make everyone wait forever unless they're good enough.

They said I've got to wait 12 weeks. Some people have to wait 2 weeks. Sigh

I'm 2 weeks for an 'update' after they look at my predicted grades and assess my PS :/

What course you applying for?

P.S. What's the afterlife like?
Original post by acidwiredheart
me too got the same mail today i too had better grades than their minimum requirements :s-smilie: a bit sad now though still i will cope up i applied for economics
"You were one of many strong applicants for the BSc in Economics. However, competition for places at LSE is intense, and as a result many well-qualified candidates are unsuccessful in their applications." this is what d mail said
i am really scared for my other choices now :frown:

Don't worry about it, I know a fair few people who've gone to Oxbridge or the likes of Imperial or Warwick after LSE turns them down. Its a weird selection process I feel...I've always thought they should do interviews like Oxbridge do.
Original post by ErHi?
Econ History! Is your admissions guy Adrian Roye?

Ahh, I've applied for international History. The admissions tutor is Umi Chilemba.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 479
Ahh, I've applied for international History. The admissions tutor is Umi Chilemba.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh so they're really personal admissions staff!

Very impressed with how LSE are handling applications this year, did not expect the constant contact that seems to be amiss with my other choices...
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending