The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ErHi?
Oh so they're really personal admissions staff!

Very impressed with how LSE are handling applications this year, did not expect the constant contact that seems to be amiss with my other choices...

Yeah, LSE is the only uni making the effort to contact me right now... I've only had confirmation emails from my other choices. I really like their personal approach.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 481
Original post by gracelich
Yeah, LSE is the only uni making the effort to contact me right now... I've only had confirmation emails from my other choices. I really like their personal approach.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same...the emails are all standard set ones as i have seen alot of other applicants having the same so i wouldnt say personal,..but obviously it is completely unreasonable and not feasible to be any more specific with your application.

I have to say I am impressed though... a very involved approach, making me consider them more seriously as I hadn't planned it to be my firm/insurance
Reply 482

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll like their personal approach until the reject me and curse it for the rest of my days paha
Reply 483
Anyone (other than Chab-Chab) received a second e-mail for Law?
Original post by ErHi?
I'll like their personal approach until the reject me and curse it for the rest of my days paha

Lol, same here... (I'm so fickle)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ErHi?
I'm 2 weeks for an 'update' after they look at my predicted grades and assess my PS :/

What course you applying for?

P.S. What's the afterlife like?

I just got that email recently. Looks like it's cut from 12 weeks to 2 weeks which is good. Although some people got the "your application is strong enough to be considered further" and the questionnaire which I haven't yet. It should come in the next few days I guess, or at least hope.

Also L101 Economics. You?
Reply 486
Original post by NedStark
I just got that email recently. Looks like it's cut from 12 weeks to 2 weeks which is good. Although some people got the "your application is strong enough to be considered further" and the questionnaire which I haven't yet. It should come in the next few days I guess, or at least hope.

Also L101 Economics. You?

I think the questionnaire is only for really competitive courses, but you're applying for Econ so I guess you're one of them haha :biggrin:

Knowing whether I will be rejected in 2 weeks makes me very scared :/

And I'm applying for V300 Economic History!
Original post by ErHi?
I think the questionnaire is only for really competitive courses, but you're applying for Econ so I guess you're one of them haha :biggrin:

Knowing whether I will be rejected in 2 weeks makes me very scared :/

And I'm applying for V300 Economic History!

Ah econ history. That's what I wanted to do but getting my personal statement to match was a problem. :frown: That and the lack of maths was a problem.
Reply 488
Ah econ history. That's what I wanted to do but getting my personal statement to match was a problem. :frown: That and the lack of maths was a problem.

You don't need maths for Economic History? Just one essay subject, preferably History!

Most of my PS was about History in general and I focused one paragraph on a book I had read and related my Economics A-Level to the study of History so I'm hoping that's enough to impress them but I'm very doubtful right now...
Original post by ErHi?
You don't need maths for Economic History? Just one essay subject, preferably History!

Most of my PS was about History in general and I focused one paragraph on a book I had read and related my Economics A-Level to the study of History so I'm hoping that's enough to impress them but I'm very doubtful right now...

Sorry, I wasn't clear but I meant the lack of maths in the degree was the problem. I'm a mathematical person and I also like history and economics. It's a shame there isn't a degree called BSc History of Mathematical Economics. So I settled for BSc Economics since at LSE it's really mathematical plus there are some modules it shares with Econ History that I would be taking should I get an offer.
Reply 490
Sorry, I wasn't clear but I meant the lack of maths in the degree was the problem. I'm a mathematical person and I also like history and economics. It's a shame there isn't a degree called BSc History of Mathematical Economics. So I settled for BSc Economics since at LSE it's really mathematical plus there are some modules it shares with Econ History that I would be taking should I get an offer.

Ahh I getya! I respect those Mathematical skills, because even though I am totally useless at Maths, I can see the huge reward in it!

Yea you'll be able to take some EH modules! I LOVE LSE so much, would be so surreal if I got an offer!
This might be a silly question, but for those of you who have received your 2nd e-mail, does it specifically state that they're assessing your predicted grades or "your academic qualifications to ensure that you have met all entry requirements"?

It might not matter, but I'm just wondering if everyone got the same e-mail :smile:
I'm asking because I saw that LSE told a few of you that they were assessing your predicted grades, but the admissions assessor didn't mention predicted grades in my e-mail.
Ahh, I've applied for international History. The admissions tutor is Umi Chilemba.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh, we have the same admissions tutor!
Original post by anyotherworld
This might be a silly question, but for those of you who have received your 2nd e-mail, does it specifically state that they're assessing your predicted grades or "your academic qualifications to ensure that you have met all entry requirements"?

It might not matter, but I'm just wondering if everyone got the same e-mail :smile:
I'm asking because I saw that LSE told a few of you that they were assessing your predicted grades, but the admissions assessor didn't mention predicted grades in my e-mail.

Are you a post A2 applicant ? I finished my a-levels this summer and I received that email today and mine also stated that they were assessing my "academic qualifications to ensure you have met all entry requirements"
Original post by DeanTJ1995
Are you a post A2 applicant ? I finished my a-levels this summer and I received that email today and mine also stated that they were assessing my "academic qualifications to ensure you have met all entry requirements"

Hmm I take the IB Diploma, so I just have my predicted grades and a set of GCSE results.
Reply 495
International applicant

IGCSE : 7A* 2A 1C
AS grades : AAABB
Predicted grades : A*A*A
IELTS : 7.5 with all components over 7.0

Applied for : International relations
I sent my application off on 10/10, got an acknowledgement of application on 10/14 with this message "I am currently reviewing your academic qualifications to ensure that you have met all entry requirements. I am also assessing your personal statement."

SOOOO nervous for the second email :eek:
Original post by debbiedowner
Rejected already for Law. A bit disappointing considering that I had perfect grades and predicted 44 at IB. The reason they gave me was that there were better personal statements. Oh well. Life goes on.

you will probably, if you haven't already, get an interview call from Cambridge, so best of luck with that!
Reply 498
Original post by SPark9625
Would they come both at the same time, one rejection and one offer? Or can they also send them separately? Rejection first then an offer after a few days (or vice versa?)

Can be both ways.
Original post by absmith9296
you will probably, if you haven't already, get an interview call from Cambridge, so best of luck with that!

Yup. My test and interview are real soon so fingers crossed for that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending