The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:woo: I've been following the posts on the last thread, but never posted myself. 'sup everyone, I'm from Shimla. :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Good to see! How you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Just moved into my room! Now to go on a hunt for the opposite sex...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!
Sorry I did this from the phone but it had to be done!

Well, how are the indians today?

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey, im from southern India, a place called Kerala :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Ggmu!
Just moved into my room! Now to go on a hunt for the opposite sex...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is this at uni? Where are you studying? :smile:

Original post by chocolatesauce
hey, im from southern India, a place called Kerala :smile:

:hello: I've never been to south India, since I'm a northerner. :tongue: I haven't been to a lot of places in India actually, my family keep telling me it's too dangerous for young females to travel alone. I've decided to ignore their advice however, and go as a tourist next summer. Might spend some time in south India as well.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Angury

:hello: I've never been to south India, since I'm a northerner. :tongue: I haven't been to a lot of places in India actually, my family keep telling me it's too dangerous to travel. I've decided to ignore their advice however, and go as a tourist next summer. Might spend some time in south India as well. :smile:

its not dangerous to travel there and its a beautiful place and take your parents as well so they can change their minds :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by chocolatesauce
its not dangerous to travel there and its a beautiful place and take your parents as well so they can change their minds :smile:

Unfortunately my parents aren't very keen on travelling. They just like going to India to visit the family.. which for me translates as sitting in a house all day fending off questions about why I'm not married/engaged/healthier/more polite etc. :tongue:

Have you been back to India much? (I assume you live in the UK).
Original post by Angury
Unfortunately my parents aren't very keen on travelling. They just like going to India to visit the family.. which for me translates as sitting in a house all day fending off questions about why I'm not married/engaged/healthier/more polite etc. :tongue:

Have you been back to India much? (I assume you live in the UK).

we used to go every two years but now its difficult because of studies and we usually go there for family, friends and long weddings :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Angury

Yep, I am studying business management :smile:
By the way, South India is beautiful in every way. The people are very nice too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I'm half hungover but i want to make myself a jacket potato... :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Angury

:hello: I've never been to south India, since I'm a northerner. :tongue: I haven't been to a lot of places in India actually, my family keep telling me it's too dangerous for young females to travel alone. I've decided to ignore their advice however, and go as a tourist next summer. Might spend some time in south India as well.

Where in North India are you from?Im guessing Punjab
Reply 12
Original post by slayer12
Where in North India are you from?Im guessing Punjab

My family's from Shimla, but I would consider myself to be from Chandigarh, so yeah.. Punjab. :tongue:
Reply 13
Woohoo a new thread :smile: wassup ppl

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Reply 14
Original post by daindian
Woohoo a new thread :smile: wassup ppl

Hey! Not much here, just trying to recover after a heavy night out!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by Ggmu!
Hey! Not much here, just trying to recover after a heavy night out!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol

Reply 16
Original post by daindian
Lol

Where are you from mate?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by Ggmu!
Where are you from mate?

Posted from TSR Mobile

London and erm eastern India lol. Kolkata to be precise

Reply 18
I was just wondering... I am Gujarati, but what is my race? I would like to know...
Reply 19
Original post by Ggmu!
I was just wondering... I am Gujarati, but what is my race? I would like to know...

Hindu Gujarati Indian.

Latest