The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Don Jesu
hoping the UKCAT cut-off will be friendly this year :smile:

any other grads applied here for the 5 year program?

I have applied for the five year a100 course! I hope the UKCAT is generous as well, it's not the strongest part of my application!
What's up people
Reply 422
Original post by FrancescaElle
I have applied for the five year a100 course! I hope the UKCAT is generous as well, it's not the strongest part of my application!

what degree have you completed/almost completed mate? and from which uni?
good to see another grad on this thread :smile:
People applying as graduates, What were your ukcat scores?
what degree have you completed/almost completed mate? and from which uni?
good to see another grad on this thread :smile:

Oh no I am so sorry I must have read your post wrong! I am 17, an undergraduate 😊
Reply 425

I am yeah. Only got 622.5 average on the UKCAT though.
Reply 426
Original post by FrancescaElle
Oh no I am so sorry I must have read your post wrong! I am 17, an undergraduate 😊

Lol it's cool dw. I guess we will all be in the same year anyway if we're lucky enough to get in :smile:
Reply 427
Original post by Slsam
I am yeah. Only got 622.5 average on the UKCAT though.

What degree did you graduate from? And from which uni? I don't really know what the cut-offs from here have been, but I'm just hoping for the best really :smile:
Reply 428
[QUOTE='samTHE[real]man;44826608']People applying as graduates, What were your ukcat scores?

Are you a grad as well?
Reply 429
What degree did you graduate from? And from which uni? I don't really know what the cut-offs from here have been, but I'm just hoping for the best really :smile:

I have a 2:1 from KCL in paediatric nursing.
How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thread, subscribed :smile:

Hi everyone,

I've basically been accepted on to this course (starting 2014) through a widening access scheme. My stats are no where near as good as everyone here but I'll try helping where I can as you could potentially be spending 5 years with me! I also did the same interview as last years A100 applicants and I know two people in the first year so I can ask them any relevant question for you.

Hope it all goes well for everyone. Its the start of a long and stressful UCAS journey, but whatever the end result, you will definitely be wiser and more experienced.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 431
Original post by Slsam
I have a 2:1 from KCL in paediatric nursing.
How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

2:1 from St George's in Biomedical Science. why the switch from nursing if you don't mind me asking?

Yes! Have you also applied for their A101?

I'm a biomedical sciences graduate (2.1) with a UKCAT score of 3120 (780 average and band 3 for the SJT).

The previous UKCAT cut off scores for graduates applying to the A100 were as follows:

2012 cycle: 660
2013 cycle: 670

What did you score in the UKCAT Jesu?
Reply 433
Original post by General Maximus
Yes! Have you also applied for their A101?

I'm a biomedical sciences graduate (2.1) with a UKCAT score of 3120 (780 average and band 3 for the SJT).

The previous UKCAT cut off scores for graduates applying to the A100 were as follows:

2012 cycle: 660
2013 cycle: 670

What did you score in the UKCAT Jesu?

I'm a graduate applicant applying for the 5-year MBBS program Maximus, so it's A100 for me :smile:

I managed to get 765 (band 2 for SJT), but just hope their cut-off doesn't sky rocket. The average this year for the UKCAT seems to have risen :s

where did you study Biomed buddy?
Why do graduates apply for the 5 year course? Just wondering?
Original post by games211

Accelerated courses are more geared towards highly qualified professionals in biomedical sciences/health sciences/clinical sciences (although this is a bit of a generalisation. Most applicants are science graduates but not necessarily in the medical sciences). Arts/humanities graduates often prefer standard A100 courses just so that they won't have to learn all the hard science in the short span of a year like most graduate entry medics have to in their first year.

Also... it is (arguably) easier to get into A100 than GEP but that's not always true. I think it's just down to personal preference.
How do you get funding and stuff like that for the 5 year course for a graduate?
Reply 437

the intake of graduates for the undergrad course is also pretty high, and the less compacted first year of the A100 course makes it preferable to a lot of us.
the intake of graduates for the undergrad course is also pretty high, and the less compacted first year of the A100 course makes it preferable to a lot of us.

How do you know the intake is high, if you dont mind me asking?
Reply 439
How do you know the intake is high, if you dont mind me asking?

When I called them, I remember they said their intake of graduates to their 5 year course was high. Also some of my friends who did Biomedical Sciences there told me there are a lot of graduates studying the A100 course :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest