The Student Room Group

Is so much easier for a man to have an attractive body..

Scroll to see replies

If we are talking about physical attractiveness then all a woman needs to be is slim. Most women are slim anyway and those that aren't can become slim by eating less and dieting.
Men on the other hand aren't really physically attractive unless they have some muscle packed on to them + low body fat percentage. The combined 2 are far harder to obtain than just obtaining a healthy weight.
I go to the gym 6x a week and work out/diet appropriately and I have done so for a year or two. Despite that I still don't have an amazing physique, i have put on muscle etc it's just that I try and make my goals high.

Its much harder for us men to gain muscle and be low body fat vs women who just needs to be slim. Boobs/ass really don't matter as much as people say they do as long as you have them, it's attractive..

Now its different if you're going to talk about the other side of attractiveness which is personality etc but from a pure PHYSICAL stand point i believe men have it harder
Original post by civilstudent
The flat chested stuff is not my bs its based on the bs of many men who claim to dribble over big breasts, of course its probably not a significant factor for most men expecially in a relationship.
You have been told countless times already. For women, a good body only really requires being slim. This can be achieved within a few months at most. All you need to do is not eat crap and do a moderate amount of exercise (in fact the exercise isn't needed, just don't eat crap). Boobs and bum don't matter that much. Most girls have them already and guys don't care much as long as you have them. Most guys are happy enough to be with a girl, let alone be picky about boob and bum size.

There are so many different bodyshapes that are attractive to a guy. Look at all the fat fetish websites with these huge BBW women and loads of guys drooling over them.

A guy on the other hand needs to put on a significant amount of muscle to be considered attractive. This requires dedicated gym work, with the right diet and enough rest, day in day out for several years. It's no wonder many guys turn to steroids because the time frame for getting a good body is so long. Most guys just want a good body for uni or to go on holiday. Once they realise they need to work out for several years to achieve this, it is extremely demoralising. Whereas girls can lose some weight and tone up in a few months and they look great.
Reply 182
It's not easier for men to have better physiques. If a man doesn't workout his body will look weak, weedy, pathetic and unattractive. Girls, on the other hand, only have to monitor their calorie intake to look attractive.
Original post by Ignorant
If we are talking about physical attractiveness then all a woman needs to be is slim. Most women are slim anyway and those that aren't can become slim by eating less and dieting.
Men on the other hand aren't really physically attractive unless they have some muscle packed on to them + low body fat percentage. The combined 2 are far harder to obtain than just obtaining a healthy weight.
I go to the gym 6x a week and work out/diet appropriately and I have done so for a year or two. Despite that I still don't have an amazing physique, i have put on muscle etc it's just that I try and make my goals high.

Its much harder for us men to gain muscle and be low body fat vs women who just needs to be slim. Boobs/ass really don't matter as much as people say they do as long as you have them, it's attractive..

Now its different if you're going to talk about the other side of attractiveness which is personality etc but from a pure PHYSICAL stand point i believe men have it harder

Gym 6x a week? I bet you do have a good physique! pics plz
Gym 6x a week? I bet you do have a good physique! pics plz
Just because you go to the gym 6 times a week doesn't mean you have a good physique. 6 times a week sounds like overkill and overtraining for the average guy doing weights. You need to give your body adequate rest and eat enough in between for it to grow.
Reply 185
Working out doesn't change what your face looks like...

Both guys and girls benefit from working out so what guy can gain in attraction so can a girl from working out

Girls also have make-up like it has been said so if they don't have the best face all is not lost but for a guy you are skrewed
Original post by Bassetts
Just because you go to the gym 6 times a week doesn't mean you have a good physique. 6 times a week sounds like overkill and overtraining for the average guy doing weights. You need to give your body adequate rest and eat enough in between for it to grow.

Reply 187
Original post by CUfan
Working out doesn't change what your face looks like...

Both guys and girls benefit from working out so what guy can gain in attraction so can a girl from working out

Girls also have make-up like it has been said so if they don't have the best face all is not lost but for a guy you are skrewed

Actually it does, not majorly but it does change the way your face looks. I read it somewhere before, im not on my comp right now so cant link it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 188
Original post by 2710
Actually it does, not majorly but it does change the way your face looks. I read it somewhere before, im not on my comp right now so cant link it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ok well I guess that is true... I mean if you have a fat face and you work out you are going to have a slimmer face... The one thing it doesn't change though is bone structure... I would have to say then that make up enhances more than anything
Original post by Bassetts

Well let me explain. I do a standard muscle split of chest/tris back/bis and shoulders/legs

Mon - chest/tris
tues - back/bis
weds- shoulder/legs
thurs- off
fri- chest/tris
sat- back/bis
weds- legs/shoulders

It is actually the most efficient method of doing a muscle split because you hit each muscle twice a week as opposed to a 3 day split. The reason why it's not overtraining is because there are 3 days before you train the same muscle group again, which is adequate rest.
Reply 190
I don't even....

Women are automatically born with a desirable body, men have to work for it. The only advantage for men is that women don't care as much as men do about bodies when it comes to choosing partners.
Firstly women can easily get a nice ass through exercising them glutes. So get squatting.

And men can have their own versions of being flat chested:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gynecomastia

Also fat loss is much quicker and easier than muscle gain.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Ignorant
Well let me explain. I do a standard muscle split of chest/tris back/bis and shoulders/legs

Mon - chest/tris
tues - back/bis
weds- shoulder/legs
thurs- off
fri- chest/tris
sat- back/bis
weds- legs/shoulders

It is actually the most efficient method of doing a muscle split because you hit each muscle twice a week as opposed to a 3 day split. The reason why it's not overtraining is because there are 3 days before you train the same muscle group again, which is adequate rest.

If you're including decent bench/squat/deadlift workouts in your split then I'm surprised you're still standing on your last leg day.
[QUOTE="pinda.college;44854057"]If you're including decent bench/squat/deadlift workouts in your split then I'm surprised you're still standing on your last leg day.[/QUOTE

What do you do then? 3 day splitor full body?
[QUOTE="Ignorant;44854382"]
Original post by pinda.college
If you're including decent bench/squat/deadlift workouts in your split then I'm surprised you're still standing on your last leg day.[/QUOTE

What do you do then? 3 day splitor full body?

I have a similar split to your however, I include more rest days and don't hit back/legs twice.
Male: spends hours and hours every week at the gym, maintain a good sleep pattern, eat an expensive and uncomfortable amount of protein, sometimes eat so much you feel full all the time (or depending on you, sometimes eat so little you feel hungry all the time), get your diet and macronutrient ratios almost perfect or spend a load of time cycling between eating "too much" and eating "too little". Oh, and make sure you have good jaw/cheek genetics and nice muscle insertions.
Female: don't eat all the time.

Yeah, it sure is harder for women! Anyhow, you may have noticed I was a little biased, but that really is how things are (although to a lesser extent). If you want a nice bum and legs you need to train your glutes, hamstrings and possibly quads in the same way that if a man wants nice arms he must train his bis, tris and probably shoulders (though in reality it is more or less necessary that he trains everything). Sure, you can't make your boobs bigger... but we can't make our waistlines narrower or our penises bigger either. There are parallels that can be drawn between both, and the fact is that most women can achieve a "good" body (if not the best possible) simply by not eating too much. For men to attain a "good" body, much more training is necessary and much more attention must be paid to the diet.
How come people say that men have it harder/more is expected when it comes to having a nice body? Any man can have an attractive body by working out/weights and all that. However as a female I train regular but apparantly even though Im toned/strong can never have a superb body because Im flat chested (well size AA). Men don't tend to look at a womans muscles and be attracted its usually the breasts/bum they care about and things that are hard to/impossible to improve. With guys its about muscles which can certainly be improved.

btw Im not sexist or anything like that im just trying to see things as they are and am questioning it. We know that woman have makeup to hide behind and Im not disputing that asI agree but Im asking about the body..

what do you think guys/girls? Opinions?

Yeah to get bigger boobs, a person would need a breast enlargement surgery.

Quick Reply

Latest