The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Decided I probably won't, but gonna do some work experience to decide! I think I'm sticking to the NatSci and Chemistry as was planned for now :smile:

Quality courses anyway! Good idea to get work exp, wont do any harm and you never know; it might change your mind!
Original post by Dr. Django
Quality courses anyway! Good idea to get work exp, wont do any harm and you never know; it might change your mind!

and it'll be relevant to chemistry as well hopefully.
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
No Chemistry = No Medicine bro

I know, gonna have to suck it up
Original post by Dr. Django
I'm basically a stalker o.O :tongue: I know exactly what you mean (Same with me and maths right now!) If it came to it you could just not go to the lessons and self-teach? Doing 4 is horrible and I'm really not enjoying it either, but I've told myself that if im sttruggling ill just focus on 3 for exam time! Dropping chemistry will be fine if you get in this year, but makes it very difficult when reapplying because there are fewer to choose from/some unis wont reconisder previously interviewed applicants!! Obvs up to you though :tongue:

I think you may be :wink: I'd rather not self-teach, so I'm just going to put up with it. Yeah I think that's my plan as well, right now, my maths is very weak, so I may spend less time on it come summer

Original post by Lucy96
Aww :biggrin: I'm glad! :smile:

:smile:

Hmmmm... Perhaps just drop psychology?

As long as it is, I actually like psychology, and I'm good at it, so I'd rather keep it
Original post by keromedic
Got a B in my first Chemistry test with 81%
Did some Fp2 graph work today!

That's more like an A tbh :tongue: Although with Salters AS this year, you needed 83% for an A in raw marks IIRC. :tongue:

Nice, was it polar coordinates, or something else? :tongue:
Original post by usycool1
That's more like an A tbh :tongue: Although with Salters AS this year, you needed 83% for an A in raw marks IIRC. :tongue:

Nice, was it polar coordinates, or something else? :tongue:

Nope, just things like 2x(x2)(x+3)\dfrac{2x}{(x-2)(x+3)} and 4x1x3+5x16\dfrac{4x-1}{x^3+5x-16} in prep for graphical methods of solving inequalities :h:.
The boundaries for our chem internal tests are always high for some reason. It's not as if many ppl get As o.O.
Hey, sent off my application a while ago. My AS grades were BCCCD.. I mean, are they even good enough because I'm just feeling so stressed and scared right now :s-smilie: By the way, I hope to do French + German and I just have absolutely no idea what grades people normally get for these subjects :/
Original post by xx.taylor.xx
Hey, sent off my application a while ago. My AS grades were BCCCD.. I mean, are they even good enough because I'm just feeling so stressed and scared right now :s-smilie: By the way, I hope to do French + German and I just have absolutely no idea what grades people normally get for these subjects :/

Well what are the entry requirements for the places you have applied? :smile:
Well what are the entry requirements for the places you have applied? :smile:

They range from AAB - BBB but I've been told that my personal statement is really good so I'm just well confused. Also, for two of those C's I was one UMS of a B which is so frustrating because uni's won't see that :angry:
I have a FP2 test tomorrow on inverse trig, hyperbolic functions, Maclaurin series and polar coordinates. Don't think I had enough practice on the last one but I'm so tired today. :colondollar:

What are your predictions? I may not respond as I'm doing a past paper but someone, looks like Boywonder has started to, will help you :biggrin:.
Original post by purplemind
I have a FP2 test tomorrow on inverse trig, hyperbolic functions, Maclaurin series and polar coordinates. Don't think I had enough practice on the last one but I'm so tired today. :colondollar:

Wow, that's a lot. We've only just, barely, started Fp2 :h:
Btw, I'm sorry guys for bringing up maths. I know someone has previously said we speak about it too much. I get the mark for my music essay back, tomorrow :biggrin:.
Also, for those that don't have be on FB and thus haven't seen my status update, my college has started doing guitar lessons and I'm really tempted to start but I think I'll suck :frown:.
What are your predictions? I may not respond as I'm doing a past paper but someone, looks like Boywonder has started to, will help you :biggrin:.

My predictions are either AAB or ABB. The thing is like I said in a different post for two of those C's I was one UMS of a B which is very annoying. Haha, well just concentrate on your past papers then :smile:

I have an FP2 test too tomorrow. :tongue: Ours is on complex numbers, first and second order ODEs and Maclaurin and Taylor series. :smile:

Good luck!
Wow, that's a lot. We've only just, barely, started Fp2 :h:
Btw, I'm sorry guys for bringing up maths. I know someone has previously said we speak about it too much. I get the mark for my music essay back, tomorrow :biggrin:.
Also, for those that don't have be on FB and thus haven't seen my status update, my college has started doing guitar lessons and I'm really tempted to start but I think I'll suck :frown:.

We've been doing FP2 for almost a month now. :smile:
Original post by usycool1
I have an FP2 test too tomorrow. :tongue: Ours is on complex numbers, first and second order ODEs and Maclaurin and Taylor series. :smile:

I see, complex numbers and DE is my FP3. I'd like to do DE now as I enjoyed it in C4 but I have to wait some time. :tongue:
They range from AAB - BBB but I've been told that my personal statement is really good so I'm just well confused. Also, for two of those C's I was one UMS of a B which is so frustrating because uni's won't see that :angry:

Hmm it will be quite tough I think, considering your AS results are generally below the entry requirements, but it also depends on the competitiveness of the course as well as your personal statement. Do you have any extenuating circumstances to justify your results? If they are mentioned on your reference unis will take it into consideration. What are your predictions btw?
(edited 10 years ago)

I thought inverse trig was C3?
I thought inverse trig was C3?

But not differentiating/integrating it. :biggrin:
Reply 5177
Original post by Blueray2
:rofl: Was just saying it as a joke :tongue:

Got an offer from bristol maths - AAA bruthaa!

I've actually covered all those! Forgotten them though, need to revisit it seems :sigh:
Something is wrong with TSR. -.-
I've actually covered all those! Forgotten them though, need to revisit it seems :sigh:

I'm afraid I will have forgotten half of S2 by the time we have finished FP2 and FP3. :tongue:

Latest